Brendan Rodgers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brendan Rodgers

13 hours ago, slasher said:

The last time I was this happy Thatcher died ???

Rodgers has a footballing "philosophy" which instantly denotes him as a slaver. His showings on that Liverpool documentary a couple of years back were cringeworthy, real to curling Alan Partridge-esque. No doubt he'll win leagues and cups up here as any half proficient trained Celtic minded monkey would. It's the European failures that I reckon we'll hear his best work.

Incidently how are the children slasher? Safe? How much did you take the bookie for?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

As soon as Rangers return, "The Stopgap" Deila has been replaced by someone who should actually know what he's doing and a lot of the cash reserves saved from not overspending on players that they don't need (and which has guaranteed no Champions League football in the interim) has now been spunked on his wages to 'ensure' that they stay on top. It's a huge compliment really. :)

Lot of truth in that. Celtic, perfectly sensibly in my view, funded a side to win the top league in Scotland without any real competition, and they accordingly got found out in Europe. They couldn't really admit to their fans that in doing so they were effectively accepting that they wouldn't be able to compete in Europe at all. It would have been nice if Aberdeen had been able to catch them out this season, but now that Rangers are back Celtic will, I guess, recognise that they need to get the cheque book out again. I fear things will revert to type depressingly quickly.

6 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Understand what you're saying but if they'd spent heavily and still went out of Europe early they would have been accused of grossly overspending to win the Scottish League a bit like Rangers in division 3.

Absolutely and I do not want us to overspend, we've already seen 1 Glasgow club die, I don't want us too be the next. However, this proves the board have been desperate for them too come back whilst the vast majority of the fans have enjoyed them being away from us and the rest of the SPL. it's a very disappointing stance for them too have taken.

10 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Suarez said Rodgers made him the player he is now. Undoubtedly he had one of the worlds best at his disposal but he got the best out of him sterling and Sturridge that season. It's a an exciting appointment and a good boost for the Scottish game imo that the spl can get someone of his calibre.

What is this fabled calibre of his like? A failure at a top club in England? 

43 minutes ago, Mox said:

Absolutely and I do not want us to overspend, we've already seen 1 Glasgow club die, I don't want us too be the next. However, this proves the board have been desperate for them too come back whilst the vast majority of the fans have enjoyed them being away from us and the rest of the SPL. it's a very disappointing stance for them too have taken.

One Glasgow club die?

Third Lanark?

12 hours ago, neil r said:

Rodgers has a footballing "philosophy" which instantly denotes him as a slaver. His showings on that Liverpool documentary a couple of years back were cringeworthy, real to curling Alan Partridge-esque. No doubt he'll win leagues and cups up here as any half proficient trained Celtic minded monkey would. It's the European failures that I reckon we'll hear his best work.

Incidently how are the children slasher? Safe? How much did you take the bookie for?

The kids are safe! Lol. Nada m8. Moyes was first choice, he had it on a plate but procrastinated. Probs holding out for another offer and in the meantime Rodgers showed genuine enthusiasm for the job and got the gig!

Im happy with the end result........just as well I'm not a big gambler.

Reports saying £45k per week and a £3m buyout on his gardening leave.

So over £4.5m in the first year alone. Definitely a statement of intent by the Celtic board but what will it leave for transfers?

It will certainly make next season interesting. 

On 5/21/2016 at 9:14 AM, PASTA Mick said:

You could say something similar about almost any manager that has won anything. 

Nah, you couldn't (and Rodgers has won fvck all btw). 

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Apparently Brendan is trying to bring Steve Gerrard in as player/assistant manager according to SSN paper reports. 

Fingers crossed. Comment moments would be guaranteed. 

Guest BlueGaz
On 5/20/2016 at 11:45 PM, slasher said:

A Hun preaching on the merits of overspending to stay on top lol. Irony overload!

thewolf_1980 wasn't involved in looking after Rangers finances, as far as I am aware.  

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I had thought Gerrard and Rodgers weren't best of mates after Rodgers started benching him on his last season with Liverpool?

I don't know mate, just read it this morning. 

He'll still do a good job for Celtic, but doubt they can afford the wages he would/could get.

16 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

2 mins 50 in. A young tierney.

(shoehorning this into this thread as I can't be arsed starting a new one or finding one about him)

Tierney at the moment is a young Tierney!! 

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

thewolf_1980 wasn't involved in looking after Rangers finances, as far as I am aware.  

That's a shame might still have been Glasgow Rangers if he was 

Was a bit confused this afternoon, was working in the east end, thought Celtic must've had an end of season charity game on as I kept seeing folk who looked like they were going to a game. Turns out they were just parading Brebdan Rodgers.

Seems weird to me.

"Oh we've got a new manager, I'll dress head to toe in replica gear, sink a few cans (well it is 3pm on Monday...) and get a taxi down to the ground"

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Was a bit confused this afternoon, was working in the east end, thought Celtic must've had an end of season charity game on as I kept seeing folk who looked like they were going to a game. Turns out they were just parading Brebdan Rodgers.

Seems weird to me.

"Oh we've got a new manager, I'll dress head to toe in replica gear, sink a few cans (well it is 3pm on Monday...) and get a taxi down to the ground"

:lol:

There's nobody quite like Celtic fans :lol: