Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 219 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

13 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

As I said.  Hats off to you.  Did you tell him that at the time?  Or just two faced?

Goram is a cunt to be honest.  He used to hang about the Uluru pub on Lothian Rd back in 2005 when I was at Uni and try and get beers of students. 

1 minute ago, Debian said:

Goram is a cunt to be honest.  He used to hang about the Uluru pub on Lothian Rd back in 2005 when I was at Uni and try and get beers of students. 

He was ok when I met him.  But so was Scott Brown. Met him before he went to a stag do in Newcastle. I take people as I find them Debian.  And wouldn't call anyone the kind names you find on here unless I really knew them.  But everyone is different.  I am away to wonder where the sun comes from.  Maybe in the morning it will dawn on me.  But in the meantime.  Nite nite.

20 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

One of the apostles (Matthew) was a tax collector, and Jesus said in Mark 12:17 (regarding tax) “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s... "

Yip, so he gave him back his salad, no mention of taxes in that statement except in you wee brackety things.

I've actually met Goram a few times as he used to Drink in the same pub in Linlithgow when he played cricket. He was always alright with me, but i just said alright to him and one marches he gave me an autograph without me asking, to be fair to him everyone was asking but i was just trying to squeeze in to get my pints and he must have assumed i wanted one too.

He was a dick once, but you've got to remember loads of folk would buy him shots and drinks and he couldn't get a minutes peace other drunk arseholes slavering his ear off etc. You could feel sorry for someone , obviously just wanting a quiet drink with his cricket team but everyone kens who you are.

4 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Yip, so he gave him back his salad, no mention of taxes in that statement except in you wee brackety things.

If you're not familiar with it then you can look it up...

Question: "What does the Bible say about paying taxes?"

Answer: 
In Matthew 22:17–21, the Pharisees asked Jesus a question: "'Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?' But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, 'You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax.' They brought Him a denarius, and He asked them, 'Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?' 'Caesar's,' they replied. Then He said to them, 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's.'" In full agreement, the apostle Paul taught, "This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor" (Romans 13:6–7).

15 hours ago, macy37 said:

WE are trying to purchase one inexperienced and raw defender to slot in along side 2 players whom are exactly the same. Work that one out of you can. 

3 young inexperienced players with limited ability. Bizarre stuff.

McKenna isn't short on confidence.

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ha ha.  Have good day lads and lassies.  Yon sheep don't count themselves.  My wee collie is getting past it.  She said I had 200 when I only bought 198.  I think she had just rounded them up.

Aye?

At last an English manager talking up the SPFL

CHERRIES boss Eddie Howe gave Mikael Ndjoli the thumbs up after the teenage striker made a flying start to “the next step” of his career.

Ndjoli has scored four goals in seven appearances for loan club Kilmarnock, with four of those outings coming from the bench.

The former Millwall ace, who does not celebrate his 20th birthday until December, is due to spend six months with the Rugby Park side.

Howe told the Daily Echo: “It’s great to see. Whenever we send players on loan, we want them to do well, improve, develop and come back closer to the team here.

“I’m really pleased for him. He is a really good lad. He has worked really hard at his game and this is the next step for him now – to show how good he is at a level which gets a lot of publicity.

“It’s a really good league for young players to go to because you get the profile – a lot of the games are on television, you get really good crowds and there is a lot of pressure to perform, no matter which team you play for.

“Invariably, if you are good enough you will play, which I think is huge for the young players.”

(Bournemouth Daily Echo)

4 hours ago, faircity said:

Obviously I'd send in young spud to soften him up first. 

I have to babysit him as part of our group in Albania. The older we get, the harder it’s becoming. 😩

Scotty has more patience than me. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

At last an English manager talking up the SPFL

CHERRIES boss Eddie Howe gave Mikael Ndjoli the thumbs up after the teenage striker made a flying start to “the next step” of his career.

Ndjoli has scored four goals in seven appearances for loan club Kilmarnock, with four of those outings coming from the bench.

The former Millwall ace, who does not celebrate his 20th birthday until December, is due to spend six months with the Rugby Park side.

Howe told the Daily Echo: “It’s great to see. Whenever we send players on loan, we want them to do well, improve, develop and come back closer to the team here.

“I’m really pleased for him. He is a really good lad. He has worked really hard at his game and this is the next step for him now – to show how good he is at a level which gets a lot of publicity.

“It’s a really good league for young players to go to because you get the profile – a lot of the games are on television, you get really good crowds and there is a lot of pressure to perform, no matter which team you play for.

“Invariably, if you are good enough you will play, which I think is huge for the young players.”

(Bournemouth Daily Echo)

Not surprised to read that. Eddie Howe comes across as quite an intelligent and shrewd manager and also seems like a decent bloke. A refreshing change to see a young English progressive manager. Certainly breaking the mould from the ridiculously much loved and favoured traditional English blustering gammon style such as ‘Arry, ‘Big Sam’, ‘Pards’ etc.The utter cocks that they are.   

On 8/24/2018 at 12:12 AM, phart said:

I've actually met Goram a few times as he used to Drink in the same pub in Linlithgow when he played cricket. He was always alright with me, but i just said alright to him and one marches he gave me an autograph without me asking, to be fair to him everyone was asking but i was just trying to squeeze in to get my pints and he must have assumed i wanted one too.

He was a dick once, but you've got to remember loads of folk would buy him shots and drinks and he couldn't get a minutes peace other drunk arseholes slavering his ear off etc. You could feel sorry for someone , obviously just wanting a quiet drink with his cricket team but everyone kens who you are.

I’ve met him umpteen times, like all of us he is complicated. Played cricket against him, he was always pleasant and approachable afterwards. Also been at a few sportsmen dinners he was at. At one  I ended up at the bar with him and a few others drinking into the wee hours. He was  great company, telling story after story about football and his other exploits. At another one I was at a table he was at,  everyone there (bar me) was as a Rangers fan. That time he played to the audience, was a complete stereotypical Hun, it was embarrassing to hear some of the stuff he came out with and how it wa lapped up. I ended up leaving about half way through, it was that bad.

Edited by Pool Q

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Script could have a twist in it. :unsure:

You reckon? I was always of the opinion that Greg Stewart was keich at Aberdeen, looking massively unfit, very predictable and im definitely glad money wasnt wasted on re-signing him. 

10 minutes ago, faircity said:

You reckon? I was always of the opinion that Greg Stewart was keich at Aberdeen, looking massively unfit, very predictable and im definitely glad money wasnt wasted on re-signing him. 

i liked Greg Stewart.  He has ability.  However, as you say, he was really unfit and couldn't be trusted defensively.  He cost us pretty dearly on a couple of occasions.  I think he would be a good long term project for someone.  He needs time and effort invested in him and games.  Unfortunately, he was a luxury we couldn't afford on the pitch and someone we didn't have the time off the pitch to develop.  

14 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

i liked Greg Stewart.  He has ability.  However, as you say, he was really unfit and couldn't be trusted defensively.  He cost us pretty dearly on a couple of occasions.  I think he would be a good long term project for someone.  He needs time and effort invested in him and games.  Unfortunately, he was a luxury we couldn't afford on the pitch and someone we didn't have the time off the pitch to develop.  

If there's one thing Steve Clarke is good at, it's getting the best out players.

Just look at how he transformed us last year. 8 games in, no wins, road to nowhere then bang, literally went on a run of games that was championship winning form.