Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 154 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

45 minutes ago, Marky said:

Generally speaking, if you don't get anything back from them then it probably means the player wasn't much cop anyway, so probably fair enough. 

That may be so in some cases but we've had sell-on clauses for the likes of Kris Boyd, Stevie Naismith and Craig Bryson and made absolutely zip from them.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

That may be so in some cases but we've had sell-on clauses for the likes of Kris Boyd, Stevie Naismith and Craig Bryson and made absolutely zip from them.

Yeah I guess Boyd and Naismith reflect very unusual circumstances and I guess Bryson was never quite good enough for anyone to take him away from Derby. The ridiculous thing is that with the English market being what it is, even at the age of 30 you might not have to write off Bryson just yet. He might get that "one last move" for a couple of £m. Stranger things have happened. 

Either way, these examples are hardly a reason to say sell on clauses are pointless. :lol:

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Did Naismith no give his signing on fee to the youth development ...  a 6 figure sum iirc.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Forrest in again with a 2nd bid for McGinn thought to be around £1.25 million, they can GTF! 

What do you think he's worth?

Hayes went to Celtic for £1.3M when he had a year (maybe 2?) left on his contract.  Same league transfer normally carries a premium (but being Scottish teams that's probably negligible) for a 30yo. Not exactly a comparable players but the English market certainly carries a premium and McGinn is much younger.  Obviously a total guess, but would £2.5M be fair? Not ideal on the last day of the window and that alone may be worth another c.£500k.....?

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I doubt Marvin is 4 times the player he was 12 months ago after a season in league one...

Differnt club but same could be said of Jackson Irvine, hope Staggies have sell-on because he will have gone to Hull for substantially more than Burton paid.

Rangers sign Declan John from Cardiff on a Season long loan.  Imagine he'll just be a backup, but it's strangely a Warburton signing.

Looked not out of place in the EPL, but seems to have stalled.

Welcome to Ibrox, Declan...

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

What do you think he's worth?

Hayes went to Celtic for £1.3M when he had a year (maybe 2?) left on his contract.  Same league transfer normally carries a premium (but being Scottish teams that's probably negligible) for a 30yo. Not exactly a comparable players but the English market certainly carries a premium and McGinn is much younger.  Obviously a total guess, but would £2.5M be fair? Not ideal on the last day of the window and that alone may be worth another c.£500k.....?

I think above £2 million paid up front will probably open the Tache's door.  Forrest apparently trying to pay only a % up front which is even more a slap in the puss considering the money swilling about down there. The only thing that would soften the blow would be Henderson back to where he belongs.

Hearts sign Raith Rovers captain Ross Callachan, and are also set to sign Milinkovic, a Serbian/French winger, on loan from Genoa. Haven't heard anything today, but I'm guessing Walker will be away to Rangers.

Guest BlueGaz
12 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Haven't heard anything today, but I'm guessing Walker will be away to Rangers.

I doubt it, we can't really afford what Hearts are asking.  1m I believe, plus he's not worth that.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I doubt it, we can't really afford what Hearts are asking.  1m I believe, plus he's not worth that.

I don't think he's worth half that, but feels to me like there has been stuff going on the the background and that something will happen today. He has potential but delivers too rarely, and there are consistent rumours about him carrying a long term knee injury. I'd take what we can get and offer it for the likes of Morgan at St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I don't think he's worth half that, but feels to me like there has been stuff going on the the background and that something will happen today. He has potential but delivers too rarely, and there are consistent rumours about him carrying a long term knee injury. I'd take what we can get and offer it for the likes of Morgan at St Mirren.

Cant see you seeing any of the money from a Walker sale. That stand isn't going to build itself.

Guest BlueGaz
13 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Really?  Do you not rate him?  I haven't seen much of him to be fair.  Didn't think much of him the other week but that wasn't a game to rate him.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Really?  Do you not rate him?  I haven't seen much of him to be fair.  Didn't think much of him the other week but that wasn't a game to rate him.

Hot and cold, he scored goals in the first half of last season, but all told I'm not really a fan. There is better value to be had out there.

Put to one side the way he has behaved over this (he's not the first and won't be the last), his attitude and performances since the end of last year have both been terrible. Granted pretty much no one performed under Cathro, but he was exceptionally poor for someone who looked at one point to have a bit of talent.

He's out of contract before long, and  his long term fitness might be an issue. Within reason, I'd take what we can get for him and shift him off the wage bill. Certainly, if we get offered £700k plus, we should take the money and run.

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Hearts sign Raith Rovers captain Ross Callachan, and are also set to sign Milinkovic, a Serbian/French winger, on loan from Genoa. Haven't heard anything today, but I'm guessing Walker will be away to Rangers.

Be surprised if Callachan sees much first team game time at Hearts