Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 101 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Kenny McLean has done all that and more. No one is paying £1.5 million for him either. 

I think McGinn is a decent player, don't get me wrong. However from (limited) viewings of him, he's not in the same league as someone like Stuart Armstrong and isn't even on the level of Calum McGregor. His short-range passing leaves a lot to be desired and he often runs himself in to crowds of opponents. 

He does have the ability to drive his team up the pitch and glide past opponents though, something which is difficult to coach in to someone. Where as i've no doubt with work he could improve his passing and decision making. 

He's a decent player, but he'll never be any better than a decent premiership player or plying his trade at some championship team in England. Quite how he has won international honours is baffling and I've no doubt he's often benefited from having a 'footballing family'

4 hours ago, Marky said:

I assume you don't regard the Scottish Premiership as "any sort of level" then, given that he made 87 appearances for St. Mirren at that level.

Not to mention being capped at U17, U19, U21 and senior level for Scotland.

hibs will get more for McGinn than hertz will get for their entire "golden generation" put together

most leaving after they've run down their contract thus denying hertz a decent transfer fee

pleasing :)

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Kenny McLean has done all that and more. No one is paying £1.5 million for him either. 

I think McGinn is a decent player, don't get me wrong. However from (limited) viewings of him, he's not in the same league as someone like Stuart Armstrong and isn't even on the level of Calum McGregor. His short-range passing leaves a lot to be desired and he often runs himself in to crowds of opponents. 

He does have the ability to drive his team up the pitch and glide past opponents though, something which is difficult to coach in to someone. Where as i've no doubt with work he could improve his passing and decision making. 

To be fair Parkie I wasn't commenting on his value. Only Pool Q's contention that he hadn't played at any sort of level. 

ETA he's also got 2 cup winners medals. Not too many non OF players of his age can boast that. 

Edited by Marky

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

hibs will get more for McGinn than hertz will get for their entire "golden generation" put together

most leaving after they've run down their contract thus denying hertz a decent transfer fee

pleasing :)

just to add hopefully the goalie stays

Edited by dan cake

9 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

Ambrose and Stokes likely to be confirmed for Hibs in the coming days. 

Very happy with that. 

Sir Anthony returning would be most pleasing.

So far Hibs linked with

• Swanson (signed)
  • Whittaker
  • Ambrose
  • Henderson
  • Stokes
  • Mulgrew
  • Maloney

Cant see the tache shedding out for all those wages.

Rumours Sunderland are bidding £2 million for Cummings and I still think McGinn will be away for something similar also.  

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Would be some going for Celtic to top the league and have their b team finish 2nd.

:lol:

And not beyond the realms of possibility!! (The actual Celtic "B" team).

I see Rangers are now linked with Louis Moult and *shudder* Steven Whittaker.  Can't see either of them happening.

Motherwell will be looking to cash in on Moult or Cadden this summer, but I'd expect we'll be looking for decent money for Moult, and if we stay up are in a decent position...

Rangers were linked with Ben Heneghan yesterday too. (You're welcome to him!!)

We don't even play Rangers this weekend!

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell will be looking to cash in on Moult or Cadden this summer, but I'd expect we'll be looking for decent money for Moult, and if we stay up are in a decent position...

Rangers were linked with Ben Heneghan yesterday too. (You're welcome to him!!)

We don't even play Rangers this weekend!

I know.  It's almost as if it isn't a massive Weegie media led conspiracy!! :wink2:

Edited by Fairbairn

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not until I see whether some of the transfers talked about come off.

I expect Hibs to be stronger next season and Aberdeen to be weakened. No idea about rangers. 

Hibs finished the Championship season with 71 points. Aberdeen, after 35 games, have 70 points in the Premiership.

Aberdeen are a far, far, far better team than Hibs. 

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hibs finished the Championship season with 71 points. Aberdeen, after 35 games, have 70 points in the Premiership.

Aberdeen are a far, far, far better team than Hibs. 

A far, far, far better team by the distance of a deflected fluke goal.

20 minutes ago, giblet said:

Rangers beat Celtic in the Cup last season. So according to your logic, we're better than them? 

21 minutes ago, giblet said:

??? 

Yeah and Ross County are as good as Celtic because they drew with them... 

Are you 8 years old? 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rangers beat Celtic in the Cup last season. So according to your logic, we're better than them? 

What a blessing that turned out to be! 

I won't mention that you only drew with us and went through on penalties because TR slipped whilst taking a penalty. 

I also won't say anything about us beating you 4 times since then. 

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

What a blessing that turned out to be! 

I won't mention that you only drew with us and went through on penalties because TR slipped whilst taking a penalty. 

I also won't say anything about us beating you 4 times since then. 

Don't be so sensitive snowflake. 

I was pointing out the childish logic in the post by Giblet, not boasting. 

Maybe try reading in context next time? ?