EU Referendum - Page 81 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If Sturgeon had her way she'd have an open door policy like Merkal. All it takes is just one radge to enter which has been proven.

Not to mention the Cologne rapings and such

The Cologne incident troubles me and was definitely not addressed properly.  There is an issue with how Merkel approached this; let's not kid ourselves on.  And there are cultural issues which politicians are not too keen to talk about.

Saying that just because there may be a few radges in there i'm not personally prepared to shirk responsibility.  That's how they win.  I've been to a centre in Slovenia and the people there are extremely decent people.  Don't tar them all by a small minority.

49 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If Sturgeon had her way she'd have an open door policy like Merkal. All it takes is just one radge to enter which has been proven.

There are plenty of radges born in Scotland already. Another few isn't even going to make a small dent on the radge population. 

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Bit harsh to call people stupid. I think it's a perfectly reasonable reaction to terrorism to at least question whether you are comfortable taking you and your family to a place that has recently been targeted by terrorism and there's a risk of follow on repercussions. In such situations, I'd have no probably weighing up how much I really want to go to, say, Nice as opposed to somewhere else that isn't subject of recent terror tensions. 

There's many things that make people stupid, I'm just not sure this is one of them.

Stupid is maybe the wrong word but people just aren't aren't objective enough in these situations. Nowhere was safer than Nice in the weeks after the attack but people got all hollywood brained about it and cancelled their holidays and hurt the place economically. That's partly the aim of the terrorists. Paris tourism is suffering now too. 

Anyway, anyone planning to go to Berlin for the christmas market should still go.

Yeah it is so obvious. Another great example was when that plane hit the first tower...I mean the chances of another plane hitting the other tower were infinitesimal after that point and only morons ran away.

Plus ISIS publicly called for Christmas Markets to be attacked in exactly this manner and lo and behold one was - so clearly now Christmas Markets are the safest places to be and only idiots would avoid them. Get down there with your kids and babies if you have them, you'd be stupid not to.

3 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Saying that just because there may be a few radges in there i'm not personally prepared to shirk responsibility.  That's how they win.  I've been to a centre in Slovenia and the people there are extremely decent people.  Don't tar them all by a small minority.

Indeed. More Germans were killed in the past couple of years by a psychotic airline pilot than by Islamic terrorists.

Plus this truck madman was no refugee but a fugitive on the run in Europe for 7 years...

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Yeah it is so obvious. Another great example was when that plane hit the first tower...I mean the chances of another plane hitting the other tower were infinitesimal after that point and only morons ran away.

Plus ISIS publicly called for Christmas Markets to be attacked in exactly this manner and lo and behold one was - so clearly now Christmas Markets are the safest places to be and only idiots would avoid them. Get down there with your kids and babies if you have them, you'd be stupid not to.

Hollywood brain

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Indeed. More Germans were killed in the past couple of years by a psychotic airline pilot than by Islamic terrorists.

Plus this truck madman was no refugee but a fugitive on the run in Europe for 7 years...

Not to mention that his application for asylum was rejected and that the Schengen system worked with the Italian police identifying and apprehending him in Milan.

Any failings here are in difficulties in deporting him back to Tunisia and also in the German police for "losing" him earlier in the year.

Oh yeah this was actually a success story. How our amazing systems thwarted this nutter. But only after he ploughed a truck at 40 kph into a crowd of families. 

How silly of us. It actually proves how brilliantly this is all working.  It is only our stupidity versus their brilliance that obscures the self evident truth of it.

6 hours ago, thewelk said:

Stupid is maybe the wrong word but people just aren't aren't objective enough in these situations. Nowhere was safer than Nice in the weeks after the attack but people got all hollywood brained about it and cancelled their holidays and hurt the place economically. That's partly the aim of the terrorists. Paris tourism is suffering now too. 

Anyway, anyone planning to go to Berlin for the christmas market should still go.

I was on a PanAm 747 a couple of months after Lockerbie. There had even been an alert about another attack.

There were only 13 of us on the flight.  It had its upside...

I think there is a popular theory that Nicola Sturgeon should be a Scottish Angela Merkel. Personally I think it has already been implemented.

Same shit different package. Big big mistake from the SNP if the case. 

I am pro Common Market but not EU. I would bet if we had a poll on here that idea would win massively.

The idealogical leftwing nutters as usual have fhucked a good idea. Boring boring bastards.

8 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The 2005 London suicide bombers were all British born. 

How does that stack up in yer bigoted wee world ?

21 minutes ago, Rossy said:

The 2005 London suicide bombers were all British born. 

How does that stack up in yer bigoted wee world ?

As were the two guys that killed Lee Rigby and the Paris And Brussels attackers were born and/or raised in Belgium and France.  In fact if you were to look at Islamist terrorist attacks in Europe over the last decade or so, I'd be surprised if 90% of the perpetrators weren't EU nationals.

Still it's all the refugees to blame.

Edited by aaid

Everyone is theoretically pro trade, pro common market. It is a good idea if done in a measured and balanced way.

Signing 'trade agreements' that make it simple for big companies to close down factories in high cost countries and move them to low cost countries and then reimport the now cheap goods is going to have only one result. These trade agreements were the result of corporate lobbying not the result of working folks' interests.

The EU now is not some great deal for working folks... it is NAFTA. A way for big business to now fhuck you.

Break it down and then start again.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Sky News running the whole day with ' 74% of the UK think we are a more divided nation than a year ago'.

Of more concern however is the 7% who think we are more united.

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Sky News running the whole day with ' 74% of the UK think we are a more divided nation than a year ago'.

Of more concern however is the 7% who think we are more united.

74% of folk agreeing about something sounds reasonably "united" to me.;)