EU Referendum - Page 77 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Enday Kenny's interview tonight sets the ball rolling.

The Republic, like Niclola, has been playing a very canny game, because Maggie May and the the Brexiteers have never considered the effect of all of this beyond the end of their own noses. The Irish will be majorly affected by Brexit politically more than any other way, and nobody, but nobody on May's side has acknowledged this.

The second half of 2016 since the referendum will seem like a chimps tea party come this time next year, believe me.

Edited by Barney Rubble

It's really quite an eyeopener seeing how deluded many people in England are which obviously is due to the media "reporting" that they are fed.

A good example today was a story in the Torygraph in which the Bavarian economy minister states that Germany "needs a new trade deal with the UK after brexit to minimise the fallout for Bavaria's own economy"

This is being seen by delighted Brexiteers as a "We told you" and "Germany needs us"

They ignore the incoming EU president stating that they are "not bluffing" about access to the single market and freedom of movement.

They ignore the French National front campaigning for "Frexit" and how important it is for the UK not to be seen as smelling of roses after we leave.

They ignore Germany having far more to lose than anyone else if the EU collapses which it surely would if France left - a hit to their economy is more desirable than bankruptcy and financial meltdown.

They ignore that there is the potential for a great deal of people in the UK being skint and not able to buy German or any other country's exports - the IFS said today that " British workers are facing a dreadful prospect or more than a decade of real growth in their earnings"

Then there is UKIP reminding Scotland of what most leavers down South really think of us

Arron Banks Retweeted

It's time the English & Welsh had a referendum on ejecting Scotland. You are over indulged both politically and in monetary terms

It baffles me, and that's not usually that hard, that people think that the EU would just accept the UK having free trade with the rest of the EU, on the UK's terms.

If that were to happen what would there be to stop all the other EU member countries leaving and having their own trade deals.

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

It baffles me, and that's not usually that hard, that people think that the EU would just accept the UK having free trade with the rest of the EU, on the UK's terms.

Because we're Great Britain and we're great. We lead the world in everything, in fact we ARE the world and the other countries are really just the support act, there to accede to our every whim and desire because we're Great Britain and we're great.

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

Because we're Great Britain and we're great. We lead the world in everything, in fact we ARE the world and the other countries are really just the support act, there to accede to our every whim and desire because we're Great Britain and we're great.

That's right because Brexit means Brexit and there is a plan and that's to get the best deal possible for the whole of our United Kingdom.

Repeat ad nauseum. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

That's right because Brexit means Brexit and there is a plan and that's to get the best deal possible for the whole of our United Kingdom.

Repeat ad nauseum. 

And not forgetting the plan is top secret. So top secret Maggie May doesnt know what it is. She is making a first class fool of us all and we're as blind as fools can be, which gives her a bit more time to work out her cunning plan . 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And not forgetting the plan is top secret. So top secret Maggie May doesnt know what it is. She is making a first class fool of us all and we're as blind as fools can be, which gives her a bit more time to work out her cunning plan . 

:lol: Very good.:ok:

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Maybe we're all going to make a living out of playing pool?

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Maybe we're all going to make a living out of playing pool?

Not for me. I've found myself a rock n roll band that needs a helping hand .  Unfortunately however it does not pay the minimum wage. Or the living wage. Or even the new new living wage. And we are not allowed to tour in Europe for fear of immigrants hiding in the van. They used to be called groupies . 

I just wish I had never seen Maggies face. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Not for me. I've found myself a rock n roll band that needs a helping hand .  Unfortunately however it does not pay the minimum wage. Or the living wage. Or even the new new living wage.

I suppose you could collect your books and go back to school?

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

"he wants that House of Lords abolished and replaced with a second elected chamber for the whole of the UK."

I'd welcome that though. Fine grammar from the Express too...

42 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Theresa May says her faith in God is going to help us get a good deal from the EU

I'm an atheist, so not in my name.

It really is alarming when people who believe in sky fairies get into positions of power.

On 26/11/2016 at 10:55 PM, Toepoke said:

"he wants that House of Lords abolished and replaced with a second elected chamber for the whole of the UK."

I'd welcome that though. Fine grammar from the Express too...

Just been elected. Let's see what he does now

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

OK, so in reply to a question, she did not say that "My faith in God is going to help us get a good deal from the EU."

She said: “I suppose there is something in terms of faith, I am a practising member of the Church of England and so forth, that lies behind what I do. It’s not like I’ve decided to do what I’m going to do and I’m stubborn. 

"I’ll think it through, have a gut instinct, look at the evidence, work through the arguments, because you have to think through the unintended consequences. 

"But ultimately, if you’ve done all that and you believe it’s the right thing to do , then you should go and do it — but sometimes it is difficult.”

10 hours ago, Alibi said:

I'm an atheist, so not in my name.

It really is alarming when people who believe in sky fairies get into positions of power.

Be they theists or atheists, they'd still be stating a faith-based belief since neither position can be proven. What's the difference?