EU Referendum - Page 41 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Labour MPs on fumbling desperately for reasons as to why their constituents voted largely for OUT against Labour campaigning. What a party.

I imagine they preferred the Labour Leave campaigning.

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Sky News outside Farage's house where he seems to have a 1987 Fiesta parked in his drive.

Labour MPs on fumbling desperately for reasons as to why their constituents voted largely for OUT against Labour campaigning. What a party.

The complacency of Cameron as well as much of labour and the remain's project fear... they were warned you can't just play the same game, brexit is starting from a higher base, if you play the same game you risk losing...

8 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I imagine they preferred the Labour Leave campaigning.

yes, perhaps those handful of Labour MPs behind Labour Leave had some persuasive arguments. Kate Hoey certainly represents your core Labour traditional voters:

"Because the Conservatives have changed their image a bit we don't get that venom that used to come out of people when the word Tory was mentioned.

"You're asking me 'would I be devastated?' [if Torys were to be elected ahead of Labour.' No absolutely not. Even people who are voting Labour, that Thatcher (comparison) is no more meaningful to them than Tories talking about us and rubbish on the streets and not burying the dead.

"That's history, that generation is gone, and now because of the way the Tories have repositioned themselves.

"There has to be an acceptance that politics has shifted."

10 minutes ago, Mitre said:

If you are reinvesting your winnings in a holiday may I suggest Rothesay or Skegness.

No thanks.

A great day, the UK is dead. Let Scotland and The 6 Counties go alone and the Welsh continue to be Englandshire's bitch.

Glorious.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Leave is now odds on with the bookies!

Should've taken that 12-1 with Paddy Power yesterday lunchtime...

I know?

1 hour ago, brant grebner said:

The best bit is my winnings are in pounds. Just tried to cash out and Sky Bet offered me a jar of homeless guy pubes mixed with rancid butter. 

And I took it for security's sake.

??

56 minutes ago, macy37 said:

£45 at 10/1 has made me even happier this morning.

A beautiful day.

No bad, wish id just stuck it on due to no football

2 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I would say the Scottish government have a mandate to call an independence referendum at some point during this term, the "material change" has been delivered. I doubt they will.

They certainly do. In terms of EU membership though then the Euro is part of the conditions of membership isn't it? Cant see any justification for sterling being the currency of choice now. Stand to be corrected though.

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

They certainly do. In terms of EU membership though then the Euro is part of the conditions of membership isn't it? Cant see any justification for sterling being the currency of choice now. Stand to be corrected though.

Here we go again...