Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 64 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

One of his first official acts has been to stop US funded aid groups from discussing and distributing information about abortion.

The bible bashers are delighted.

Yeah democrats rescind it and republicans re-instate it, been that way since the 1994. Clinton rescinded it, Bush re-instated it, obama rescinded it, Trump re-instated it.

10 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Well one of his first acts has been to start the move to make Jerusalem the recognised capital of Israel, at least as far as the USA is concerned, so I think it's safe to say he will never make the World a safer place. 

I've previously posted many times that Jerusalem would be the capital of a one world government.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

One of his first official acts has been to stop US funded aid groups from discussing and distributing information about abortion.

The bible bashers are delighted.

Just so that we are clear... There are millions and millions of non-Christians worldwide who oppose abortion.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Just so that we are clear... There are millions and millions of non-Christians worldwide who oppose abortion.

Would they be followers of another religion perhaps ?

How many think that it should be up to the individual woman themselves and that men should but out ?

45 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would they be followers of another religion perhaps ?

How many think that it should be up to the individual woman themselves and that men should but out ?

I don't agree with Scotty on many things but I think he's right on the core point as he puts it; there are lots of people who oppose abortion for all sorts of reasons, not all of them religious. I don't want to run off topic & open a can of worms on this, but there is a perspective on human life, its nurture and preservation that can exist without needing a deity to justify it.

22 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I don't agree with Scotty on many things but I think he's right on the core point as he puts it; there are lots of people who oppose abortion for all sorts of reasons, not all of them religious. I don't want to run off topic & open a can of worms on this, but there is a perspective on human life, its nurture and preservation that can exist without needing a deity to justify it.

I disagree

The whole abortion can of worms is about allowing (or not as the case may be) the empowerment of women

It's the same with contraceptives in the Roman Catholic doctrine

This perspective on human life argument is hypocritical and contradictory considering what else goes on in the world - war, famine, poverty, disease etc

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

I disagree

The whole abortion can of worms is about allowing (or not as the case may be) the empowerment of women

It's the same with contraceptives in the Roman Catholic doctrine

This perspective on human life argument is hypocritical and contradictory considering what else goes on in the world - war, famine, poverty, disease etc

I understand your argument & am not for one minute advocating abolishing the right to abortion. My point is only that I believe that some people, & I include myself in that, have personal ethics regarding humanity that has nothing to do with religion.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

As usual, most folk who use the word 'hypocritical', don't know how to use it.

An individual (through support) can make a decision not to abort, but an individual can't make a decision to end war, famine, poverty, disease, etc.

(i believe the word is 'whataboutery'.)

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I'd go for that, just to see how the Israelis felt about it getting taken off of them.

They'll knowing put who they think is their messiah on the throne. (All will seem well until they discover that they have been double-crossed by the antichrist).

The scenes won't be good.

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

As usual, most folk who use the word 'hypocritical', don't know how to use it.

An individual (through support) can make a decision not to abort, but an individual can't make a decision to end war, famine, poverty, disease, etc.

(i believe the word is 'whataboutery'.)

Whatever way you want to spin it to suit your agenda really

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

They'll knowing put who they think is their messiah on the throne. (All will seem well until they discover that they have been double-crossed by the antichrist).

Messiah's and antichrist's

Seek help

19 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I've previously posted many times that Jerusalem would be the capital of a one world government.

If the Christian Zionists (who Trump would appear to be appeasing) get their way

They and many evangelists in the USA do not want a two state solution as it would delay "the second coming of Christ" and the end of times. 

Absolutely fvcking bonkers the lot of them

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Nothing will delay the Second Coming (and we're already in the 'last days').

What's the difference between that belief and say followers of Jim Jones ?

Death cults must be a hoot

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

You've been saying that for about 10 years...

Maybe he meant the last 4000 days? Which, in the overall scheme of things, is quite a small number. Unless he is one of those folk who believes the earth is only 6000 years old. Then 4000 days would be much larger portion of the time the planet has existed.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe he meant the last 4000 days? Which, in the overall scheme of things, is quite a small number. Unless he is one of those folk who believes the earth is only 6000 years old. Then 4000 days would be much larger portion of the time the planet has existed.

First Prince William was the Anti-Christ, then Obama. I'm wondering who's next?