David Mundell - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Mundell

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to my earlier comment, it looks as though the Daily Mirror were planning on "outing" him judging by that mouthy idiot Kevin Maguire's comments on twitter.

Pretty pathetic thing for a newspaper to do, a story like that is not news, any media trying to 'out' something like this is just pathetic.

The guy is gay, its sad that anyone thinks this is newsworthy.

Pretty pathetic thing for a newspaper to do, a story like that is not news, any media trying to 'out' something like this is just pathetic.

The only comment I can see from Kevin Maguire is this...

Best wishes to Scottish Secretary David Mundell who has come out as gay but I'll let him into a secret: Everybody knew!

The only comment I can see from Kevin Maguire is this...

Best wishes to Scottish Secretary David Mundell who has come out as gay but I'll let him into a secret: Everybody knew!

The impression I got from that was that Maguire was frustrated he couldn't run it as a story shortly. The "everybody knew" line hasn't went down very well with the LGBT community.

Maguire's a complete idiot anyway.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Yep.

Do people really still care about this sort of thing?

His ex wife and kids might care. But beyond that it should be nobody else's business. Some bigoted folk might not vote for him now but others might be more inclined to vote for him. Swings both ways, I suppose?

It couldn't have been as difficult as coming out as a Scottish Tory...

I think you've got a point there. I know loads of folk who are openly gay but I think I have only ever met 2 Scottish folk who are prepared to admit they are Tories. In Scotland, I think we have far more Tories hiding in the closet than gay folk.

No sympathy for any Tory who is upset at a newspaper with the way those bastirds manipulate everything through the press.

This is not news. Most of the population of Scotland has assumed for years that he was gay. That's not why we dislike him.

Have they? I doubt most of the population have considered the sexuality of politicians. I'd question the mindset of folk who do.