Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

The thing is, we could solve 2 problems here: Martin could move to RB where he has been playing recently with Norwich. Caulker would be guaranteed a start with us; with England he'll have the likes of young Stones to contend with.

Caulker probably isnt good enough for England. He would be our best CB. It would annoy a lot of fans initially but he would be far from the first player to choose England initially to then change to playing for us.

What I will say is that the passion guys like Jordan Rhodes & James Morrison show proves they genuinly want to play for Scotland - I have no issue at all there.

If Caulker shows the same passion then fair play, we've had plenty born and bread guys like Alan Hutton who often looks like he can't be bothered playing for us & Some high profile examples of guys we have taken through our schoolboy system who have turned their back on us under the grandparent rule even though they are born and bread Scots.

It's one that isn't going to please all. Ultimately our defence is shocking and we won't qualify for a tournament or even come close until it is improved. The management will know this so I expect Caulker isn't even the only 'eligible' on their radar...

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caulker probably isnt good enough for England. He would be our best CB. It would annoy a lot of fans initially but he would be far from the first player to choose England initially to then change to playing for us.

What I will say is that the passion guys like Jordan Rhodes & James Morrison show proves they genuinly want to play for Scotland - I have no issue at all there.

If Caulker shows the same passion then fair play, we've had plenty born and bread guys like Alan Hutton who often looks like he can't be bothered playing for us & Some high profile examples of guys we have taken through our schoolboy system who have turned their back on us under the grandparent rule even though they are born and bread Scots.

It's one that isn't going to please all. Ultimately our defence is shocking and we won't qualify for a tournament or even come close until it is improved. The management will know this so I expect Caulker isn't even the only 'eligible' on their radar...

I find I must agree with you in this matter.

Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic wouldn't give a second thought to it, he'd be straight in their team. And they've all qualified.

Very good point. Also these nations cap teenagers at big clubs before they have played much first team football. Not saying that's right or wrong but for some reason we look on N.Ireland as a 'lesser' nation and 'we dont need to do that' when they are ahead of us and quite substantially at the moment! Wales too.

Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic wouldn't give a second thought to it, he'd be straight in their team. And they've all qualified.

Excellent point - the days when we where lucky enough to pick 3 squads full of home & anglo Scots are i'm afraid probably gone forever, I would include him if choice was mine.

I know it is the rules but I hate the thought of it happening now and before.

I would love it to be where you are born and the Parent rule only.

every other country use it so if we want a better team we have to.

When you look at it it happens in every sport.

I think with caulker it will feel worse as he has already played for Ingerland.

I know it is the rules but I hate the thought of it happening now and before.

I would love it to be where you are born and the Parent rule only.

every other country use it so if we want a better team we have to.

When you look at it it happens in every sport.

I think with caulker it will feel worse as he has already played for Ingerland.

Does it? The Scottish rugger team seems to have accents from all over the place, or use to from what I remember

Keep the scoland team scottish, dont want english rejects in our team while theres eager scots sitting on the bench, as someone said before I'd rather lose with scots than win with c*nts. Yeah hes a good player as is ritchie, but end of the day theyre only playing for us because they couldnt make the england team

What you seem to suggest there is that anyone would select england over scotland given the chance if they qualified for both?

What you seem to suggest there is that anyone would select england over scotland given the chance if they qualified for both?

Not anyone, but I think we're kidding ourselves on that the English born players in the team all supported Scotland as a kid and wanted England to lose. It's just our luck they weren't picked for England. It would appear the "c***ts" some people are referring to are just the ones England got first. It's a lot of racist pish.