Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was well known that Wenger has never signed or played a Scotsman whilst being the manager of Arsenal? I must be wrong then.

He hasn't signed any Scots for Arsenal but I'm pretty sure that Paul Dickov and Scott Marshall both played a couple of games for him shortly after he took over in 1996.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Think he said Barry Ferguson in his prime was the only Scottish player he was really interested in signing, but felt Scottish players were vastly over priced when one came along of real quality.

Eric Black when he first moved to France said he held talks with Wenger over a move but decided to accept Metz offer to go there.

Has anyone heard of the twins paul and jack mckay ? Just been reading that west ham are looking to buy them both from doncaster, one is a centre half ,the other is a forward, the sons of agent willie mckay , theyre only 17 but cant mind seeing them in our youth set up , they were born in glasgow

Think he said Barry Ferguson in his prime was the only Scottish player he was really interested in signing, but felt Scottish players were vastly over priced when one came along of real quality.

Eric Black when he first moved to France said he held talks with Wenger over a move but decided to accept Metz offer to go there.

He also said he would have signed Davie Weir too, but he had some policy of not signing any playes over 30 at the time of the quote

Has anyone heard of the twins paul and jack mckay ? Just been reading that west ham are looking to buy them both from doncaster, one is a centre half ,the other is a forward, the sons of agent willie mckay , theyre only 17 but cant mind seeing them in our youth set up , they were born in glasgow

http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2122&hl=%2Bjack+%2Bmckay

Both are about nineteen now, not seventeen. Not a great source admittedly, but a quick look at Wikipedia says that they were both on loan in the dark depths of English non-league football a month or so ago.

Mind you, Jamie Vardy was in the deep dark depths of non league football 5 years ago

A fair point. :ok:

I just feel that in recent years that we (myself included) tend to get far to over-excited about young Scottish players and as a result, we should hold off from hyping them up. If a hyped up young Scot flops, it gives ammunition to the constant moaners within the support and the home grown "let's all laugh at Scotland" crowd outside of it.

• 2 weeks later...