Match Thread - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread

northernscum

Hope never to see a number of those Scotland players in a qualifier again. Dismal.

Having said that we are legitimately the least lucky team ever. Never get any breaks at important moments.

What a pile of pish.

You make your own luck in this game and we've not been good enough.

Dublin? Shat it.

Tbilisi? Didn't turn up.

Dortmund? Couldn't defend properly.

Above all, there's a reason Poland and Ireland took points off Germany and we didn't.

They believed.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly - go and look at each of Greece, Romania and Hungary's results on Soccerway. You can go as far back as you can starting from today

Big nations yes - but not the top class footballing nations of yesteryear

Poland are streets ahead of all 3

And clearly Ireland do not have an inferior squad - you are deluding yourself if you think that

The shame is the state of the Scottish National game and the players we produce

You are not getting the point!

Man for man Greece, Finland, Hungary and Romania have better squads than N Ireland but N Ireland found a way to top that group (at moment).

Scotland are not above one team with a better squad they are behind one.

Excuse about squad strength is a joke when we are at worst on a par with Ireland and are seven points behind them.

WGS isn't the man for the job. The players felt relieved and played with freedom after Hitler Levein got the boot and Strachan benefited with a dead cat bounce. But that's all it was, a short term recovery. Need someone who can instil a winning mentality into the players to grind out results.

Ireland are most despressedly shite, awful, long ball, pish team in European football...and we finished behind them.

They've carried a huge amount of luck throughout this campaign. Most of it being to have Scotland in the same group.

Ireland are most despressedly shite, awful, long ball, pish team in European football...and we finished behind them.

They've carried a huge amount of luck throughout this campaign. Most of it being to have Scotland in the same group.

And because we meekly accepted a draw in Dublin in June rather then go for the jugular when it was on to do so.

We need someone who can in less than a week make average championship quality players into international players

- must accept low wages

- still never win anything

- deal with the sfa

Eh good luck

More than one manager in qualifying have achieved better than that.

Both O'Neils for a start.

Yoo can question the Scottish mentality but lets be honest there are more than a few non Scots in the squad, tonight we should have been going for a third goal but we retreated as per usuall, we scored two great goals tonight but still look shot shy and there are no real characters in the team, good pros but you need more at this level so as not to blame bad luck at every turn.

What a pile of pish.

You make your own luck in this game and we've not been good enough.

Dublin? Shat it.

Tbilisi? Didn't turn up.

Dortmund? Couldn't defend properly.

Above all, there's a reason Poland and Ireland took points off Germany and we didn't.

They believed.

In Dublin we went behind to an offside goal. Same again tonight. Poland even had a slice of luck with their equaliser.

Aye, there is a lot more to it than just bad luck; if we are going to start qualifying for tournaments again we need to rediscover the knack of going to places like Tiblisi and grinding out results. But it isn't unfair to say that we got very few lucky breaks in this campaign.

We have a poor management team. McGhee is a loser with a poor track record and WGS is out of touch. His record at Boro was atrocious. Clear the decks now and bring in someone with a knack of grinding out results.

I'd even rather have McLeish back.

Edited by Saint4805

Scotland is a loser nation with a loser mentality. It's not our fault, it's bred into us. But in all aspects of life from politics (referendum) to sport, we're shown time and again to be bottle merchants. Can't say it's not consistent!

How come Murray and Hoy are such big losers. Watching the Davis Cup against the Aussies Murray just refused to get beat.

In Dublin we went behind to an offside goal. Same again tonight. Poland even had a slice of luck with their equaliser.

Aye, there is a lot more to it than just bad luck; if we are going to start qualifying for tournaments again we need to rediscover the knack of going to places like Tiblisi and grinding out results. But it isn't unfair to say that we got very few lucky breaks in this campaign.

In Dublin we scored a deflected goal to equalise.

WGS isn't the man for the job. The players felt relieved and played with freedom after Hitler Levein got the boot and Strachan benefited with a dead cat bounce. But that's all it was, a short term recovery. Need someone who can instil a winning mentality into the players to grind out results.

Everything the players and ex-players say in the press goes against this.

You are not getting the point!

Man for man Greece, Finland, Hungary and Romania have better squads than N Ireland but N Ireland found a way to top that group (at moment).

Scotland are not above one team with a better squad they are behind one.

Excuse about squad strength is a joke when we are at worst on a par with Ireland and are seven points behind them.

No i do get your point and for years i thought the same as you

I am lucky enough to have been to Italia 90, Sweden 92, England 96 and France 98 so not realising we werent good enough and blaming managers took a long time for me to accept

Strachan got it wrong in Dublin - it was like a throwback to Levein - so yes with players of limited ability it's crucial that the manager picks the right team and gets the tactics right

But our manager can still pick the right team and tactics and it can still fail due to our mediocre players employed to carry them out.

Good players can mask a managers mistakes - mediocre players will highlight them

Ive said this more than 30 times since i joined this board and i'll say it again

We have not produced a World Class player in my lifetime

Edited by Ally Bongo

We deserved what we got. Even if we had beaten Georgia, we would still be sitting fourth in the group , hoping for Poland to beat Ireland on Sunday to make play offs. We are shocking and It has gone on for too long. Strachan managed to paper over the cracks, but it is all showing through now. We are getting found out too easily and nd a plan b.

And maybe we'll sneak the next euros, decent chance with the increase in teams but I'd rather we focused on producing a higher standard of player.

We have a standard of player more than capable of getting at least into third place.

The standard of player is not the problem with that.

Plenty of teams over achieve, Scotland never can. Cant even do whats expected.

Yes I am gutted. Although to be fair Poland deserved the draw tonight as they carried a menace. We did well overall and there were positives. Forrest looked threatening, Ritchie offers something different and Steven Fletcher scored a goal!

Shame for Darren Fletcher as I feel that's his last chance.

Congrats to ROI and Northern Ireland this evening.

Edited by g@un

In Dublin we scored a deflected goal to equalise.

Right, but it was a legitimate goal, unlike Ireland's.

I'm not saying a draw was an unfair result but if the boot had been on the other foot we'd have probably ended up losing that game.