Match Thread - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread

northernscum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's made mistakes but we're not there because we don't produce good enough players.

Well done Ireland. They've deserved it more than we have. Poland and Germany better than us both obviously as well.

Josh Magennis put through N Ireland tonight as they beat Greece.

Republic of Ireland dont have better players than Scotland but are seven points ahead.

This 'shit players' argument wears thin.

Fantastic game.

Big respect for Scotland. Fantastic goals and fantastic performance.

Superb atmosphere.

Robert silenced pseudo journalists form that horrible Record rag. And that`s the added value to the scoreline.

Poland-The Brave

Scotland- The Brave

RoI are not better than us but they play to their strengths - 4.4.2 and physical. We could play like that instead of kidding on we are a football team.What we are though is a nation of bottlers. RoI would not have conceded like that at the death. They got all their men back v Germany.

I hope we lose to Gibraltar; they even scored against us!

We could have the best manager the world has ever produced and it would not make one jot of difference

Strachan gave us a chance with extremely mediocre players

That is the remit of a Scotland manager at the moment - not to get us to qualify but to keep us in contention so the SFA coin it in with our delusions of grandeur

Look at the squad N Ireland has!

Look ar Republic squad.

Both are weaker and did far better than Scotland.

Sick of hearing Strachan go on about how mediocre the players are. Give them some belief and go out and win games. Being closer to Georgia than Republic in the group is a joke.

Josh Magennis put through N Ireland tonight as they beat Greece.

Republic of Ireland dont have better players than Scotland but are seven points ahead.

This 'shit players' argument wears thin.

I never said anyone was "shit"

It's a funny game football, 6 months ago nobody would claim oneil was a better manager than Strachan. We can look at the mistakes he made but ultimately we aren't good enough. I don't think Ireland are either, as I suspect euro 2016 will show but they got the results

To all the players and management who have taken part in this campaign you finished were you deserved, cannot defend , score few goals and quite simply are not good enough , quite frankly the support deserve more. Ireland beat Germany tonight with a route one goal ,we can't even do that, sad days indeed.

Will Nicola Sturgeon and Alec Salmond blame this on westminster .

Actually happy that equaliser went in.

Well not happy, but it's better going out now than on Sunday.

Absolute shite as per usual.

It's weird, a real coping mechanism, I'm thinking about the grief I have dodged from the missus about saying I'm off to a playoff, don't have to save up for France, can look at Rome for the 6 Nations, etc.

Gutted.

I'm sure I'll be fine come Saturday.

J

Look at the squad N Ireland has!

Look ar Republic squad.

Both are weaker and did far better than Scotland.

Sick of hearing Strachan go on about how mediocre the players are. Give them some belief and go out and win games. Being closer to Georgia than Republic in the group is a joke.

I think we have a cheek to claim we've better players than Ireland

I never said anyone was "shit"

It's a funny game football, 6 months ago nobody would claim oneil was a better manager than Strachan. We can look at the mistakes he made but ultimately we aren't good enough. I don't think Ireland are either, as I suspect euro 2016 will show but they got the results

Republic have done better than us with arguably poorer squad. What they do at Euros if they get there is irrelevant.

Cant take this 'mediocre' players seriously on a night Josh Magennis scores to out N Ireland through against Greece.