Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors. - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors.

Gwidon1308

I have travelled abroad I am not some inexperienced fearty that complains about every bit of anti social behaviour. As I said I have never experienced the like. It was horrible.

I don't doubt you and no you have been to a bloody lot more away games than I have.As I said I may have been lucky being in the North Stand with no large group of away fans near me but enjoyed their company after the game,but there again Im a Widzew Lodz fan.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think questions have to be asked in the aftermath of the Police, Stewards and SFA.

Dosent matter if the Poles round you were "brand new" going by the sheer number of reports on here, from a varied number of well kent posters there was a sizeable chunk of Poles who were acting poorly in the home end.

I dont want a knee jerk reaction, as I know we sit in home ends, but I've never seen or read anything like this in the aftermath of a home game. Sure the Ireland game had loads of Irish in the home end, and bar some isolated incidents both home and away it was generally fine.

The Poles, it seems have a large chunk stuck in the 80s.

This behaviour has no place in family stands FFS! Sadly this will be swept under the carpet and nothing will change. Why no searches, plain sighted drinking in the stadium, aggro with in the home end with large groups of away fans in the home sections, etc.

SFA it appears didnt learn from the Irish debacle. We simply wont sell out our own end if there is a big and determined away support, they will find a way in (as we always do), in that sense, having a much larger away allocation would have nipped the aggro in the bud as all (or the bulk) of the away fans would have been in one area, where they could do whatever the feck they liked.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I'm with you on this, I could sense an atmosphere in Hampden. If the Polish fans want to set off flares etc in their allocated end of the ground, that's fine. But, when they start coming into a family section and setting them off, I have serious concerns. I've already read that the police didn't want to comment.

This is the headline in todays Evening Times.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13837066.Football_trouble__21_arrests_at_Scotland_Euro_clash_and_Polish_fan_loses_part_of_tooth_in_street_brawl/

I take it all those complaining about Poles in the home end have never travelled away with Scotland.I saw no trouble at all and was in the Asda car park after the game with thousands of good Poles.Last night has to be the biggest away support Hampden has ever seen on international night.The majority of Poles added to a fantastic atmosphere.

I've been to plenty of away games and also loads of big club games. I wouldn't say that what I saw last night was the worst I've seen - not by a long distance - but it wasn't good.

I was sitting over the aisle from Lamia and saw everything she's talking about.

I do think questions have to be asked in the aftermath of the Police, Stewards and SFA.

Dosent matter if the Poles round you were "brand new" going by the sheer number of reports on here, from a varied number of well kent posters there was a sizeable chunk of Poles who were acting poorly in the home end.

I dont want a knee jerk reaction, as I know we sit in home ends, but I've never seen or read anything like this in the aftermath of a home game. Sure the Ireland game had loads of Irish in the home end, and bar some isolated incidents both home and away it was generally fine.

The Poles, it seems have a large chunk stuck in the 80s.

This behaviour has no place in family stands FFS! Sadly this will be swept under the carpet and nothing will change. Why no searches, plain sighted drinking in the stadium, aggro with in the home end with large groups of away fans in the home sections, etc.

SFA it appears didnt learn from the Irish debacle. We simply wont sell out our own end if there is a big and determined away support, they will find a way in (as we always do), in that sense, having a much larger away allocation would have nipped the aggro in the bud as all (or the bulk) of the away fans would have been in one area, where they could do whatever the feck they liked.

J

You make a telling point about it being the Family Section. Amongst other adults who can look after themselves a bit of bawbaggery can be resolved. With kids present it's a different thing entirely.

It can't be allowed to continue and since the SFA seem keen on selling Family Section tickets to groups of adults I won't be back. I'm fed up having to ask pissed up ####wits to sit down so my kids get a chance at seeing the game. The sheer bloody minded stupidity and ignorance is phenomenal.

The crowds at Ibrox, St Mirren Park and Cappielow that I've been in are far better behaved.

As has been said there were decent Polish supporters and total Kunts. It's the Same in all supports. I have no idea why folk are comparing the crowd in Warsaw to last night as the circumstances are entirely different as was probably 90% of the Poles at the game.

I've seen worse, the England game at Hampden in 1989 was really bad, running riots, mass disorder etc I thought that sort of behaviour was in the past. At times last night it felt a throwback to the 1980's.

I remember talking to a family last night and it was their wee boy's first home game (he was about eight), he was all excited with his Saltire flag, I really hope he enjoyed himself and wants to come back.

I'm with you on this, I could sense an atmosphere in Hampden. If the Polish fans want to set off flares etc in their allocated end of the ground, that's fine. But, when they start coming into a family section and setting them off, I have serious concerns. I've already read that the police didn't want to comment.

This is the headline in todays Evening Times.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13837066.Football_trouble__21_arrests_at_Scotland_Euro_clash_and_Polish_fan_loses_part_of_tooth_in_street_brawl/

Polish speaking police? That would have been useful if they'd been in the stadium instead of hiding outside.

Everyone accepts there are good and bad in every art of fans but this is about proportions. Last night the atmosphere was more hostile than I have ever experienced at Hampfen. Nothing come remotely close.

And yes it isn't acceptable in the family section but equally I shouldn't have to deal with it.

I've seen worse, the England game at Hampden in 1989 was really bad, running riots, mass disorder etc I thought that sort of behaviour was in the past. At times last night it felt a throwback to the 1980's.

I remember talking to a family last night and it was their wee boy's first home game (he was about eight), he was all excited with his Saltire flag, I really hope he enjoyed himself and wants to come back.

Outside the ground I agree that game was worse but inside the ground last night beat it hands down

Edit / Actually I was talking about the later play off game

Edited by Lamia

My boy loved it all,never stopped singing,asking when he could wave his flag again,jumping about and was transfixed with the noise and colour the poles brought,(although he doesn't realise the danger).

He can't wait to go back.

Spot on.

On the way to the game last night a WPC spotted a Scotland fan drinking out of a can whilst walking to the ground so she removed it from him. As he walked away he said "well done, you'll get a promotion for that". No swearing and some mild banter. She decides to give him a fixed penalty for it. She could have done it right away for the can but only did it as he was cheeky.

Compare that to the Police "response " to the Polish fans. Utterly useless.

I'll be making a formal complaint to the SFA and Police Scotland and unless others do too there's absolutely no chance of anything changing.

The coppers made a half arsed attempt..to take flares from big group of poles outside the west stand about 7..one of the poles almost hit of the wpc's In the face with his scarf... The wpc's just backed off... It was like the police were scared to act!! If that had been a Scot he would have been lifted!IMG_0624.JPG Edited by 76gibbo76

I was in Upper South (H) and there were loads of Poles there but nae trouble that I saw. Most of them good-humoured. But I recognise what a lot of folk were saying - some really menacing all-male groups of Polish fans around the stadium and in the city centre, not the kind of thing I've seen for a while. I think the SFA could get badly done for away fans in home sections, flares, lack of body searches and the pitch invader (Polish, I think, he went up to one of their players before he got tackled).

Still, plenty of fitba things to be depressed about so why brood on this.

Look fanatyk I know and have worked with lots of Poles - great blokes. However, the other night we saw a different breed of Poles there. Regardless of the result this thought is by the way as I have left games gutted before. It is the first time I have been on the way to the ground to see mounted police galloping past with police vans with sirens blaring to meet away fans. All the way from the city centre I walked and the Polish marching along were confrontational and shaven headed was like a throw back to the bad old days. Inside the ground there was a nasty atmosphere emanating from the Poles and flares have no part in football grounds as nice as they look. That is all I have to say on it.

As for how Sunday goes - well in terms of footballing-style then Poland's is more pleasing on the eye but just for the fan factor I hope Ireland win as their fans in Glasgow were far more placid and amiable.

Look fanatyk I know and have worked with lots of Poles - great blokes. However, the other night we saw a different breed of Poles there. Regardless of the result this thought is by the way as I have left games gutted before. It is the first time I have been on the way to the ground to see mounted police galloping past with police vans with sirens blaring to meet away fans. All the way from the city centre I walked and the Polish marching along were confrontational and shaven headed was like a throw back to the bad old days. Inside the ground there was a nasty atmosphere emanating from the Poles and flares have no part in football grounds as nice as they look. That is all I have to say on it.

As for how Sunday goes - well in terms of footballing-style then Poland's is more pleasing on the eye but just for the fan factor I hope Ireland win as their fans in Glasgow were far more placid and amiable.

You have nailed it exactly, Craig. Well don.

And what exactly I can do about it?

Maybe would be nice to have all the guys with trendy haircuts, wearing suits and singing "how deep is your love" on the way to stadium.

Maybe.

And what exactly I can do about it?

Maybe would be nice to have all the guys with trendy haircuts, wearing suits and singing "how deep is your love" on the way to stadium.

Maybe.

Personally? Well accept the accounts of obnoxious behaviour by your fellow countrymen and berate the use of flares which like warnings on fireworks say....THEY KILL.

Go to school with a lot of poles and some are alright, got a few polish pals but a lot of them are gangster wannabes looking for trouble 24/7, didnt surprise me at all that there was a bit trouble amongst fans as they arent the friendliest nation. Good on them for creating a good atmosphere etc and as i said im not categorising them all but a fair few are utter pr1cks

I was in Upper South (H) and there were loads of Poles there but nae trouble that I saw. Most of them good-humoured. But I recognise what a lot of folk were saying - some really menacing all-male groups of Polish fans around the stadium and in the city centre, not the kind of thing I've seen for a while. I think the SFA could get badly done for away fans in home sections, flares, lack of body searches and the pitch invader (Polish, I think, he went up to one of their players before he got tackled).

Pretty much same thing when we played them in Dublin.

Serious amount of flares going off by the Poles

Some of their supporters were thrown out of the stadium during the game for aggresive behaviour. One incident where a garda (irish police officer) went to a group of polish fans in order to confiscate a flare they were setting off in the stands.....the garda got dragged into the crowd by the group and was assaulted....numerous arrests were made

Majority of their fans were fantastic and mixed well with the Irish......unfortunately there is a small element of their support that like to cause trouble

I won`t be defending them but i won`t be slagging them either.

You were the hosts, that`s your city and your stadium and you should sort out the pricks in the first place instead of attacking me here (with some racist and ignorant remarks i must add, that had been written in this forum in the last two days, ) who`s got to do with any eejits that came over to Glasgow for that game.

I won`t be defending them but i won`t be slagging them either.

You were the hosts, that`s your city and your stadium and you should sort out the pricks in the first place instead of attacking me here (with some racist and ignorant remarks i must add, that had been written in this forum in the last two days, ) who`s got to do with any eejits that came over to Glasgow for that game.

Who exactly was attacking you? The Polish supporters in general were being berated so stop seeing things that aren't there. It matters not two jots that we were hosts - in recent times we have had large support from Ireland, Germany and even England who all conducted themselves better than the Poles. If I were Polish that would concern me and make me ashamed of my fellow countrymen.