Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors.

Gwidon1308

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was fine in the south. Lots of poles about and a polisn section of some sort in the nearby east. Don't like the flarea, despise them but that's its own thing.

Stewards are useless though. Was a steaming Scott's couple standing early on, and a guy behind them asked them to sitmdown so him and his burd could see, he was met with shoutyting in the face etc, the steward then asked them to sit down and got the same, signaled for the police to come over, who didn't bother their holes and basically the same went in for the first half.

Firstly the couple should have jst sat down as the view was fine and secondly the police are shitebag useless bastards. Noone will listen to the stewards so the police have to at least follow up and if not lift the s

There was a bad feeling in the family section tonight, I thought that sort of atmosphere was left behind years ago! Lighting flares off next to kids was way over the top, total disregard for others around them. The police and stewarding was poor to say the least, but then living in the area next to Hampden, poor policing seems to be the norm.

The police and stewarding was poor to say the least, but then living in the area next to Hampden, poor policing seems to be the norm.

Agreed there was a full blown rammy going on up behind us and no cops anywhere. Worst bother I've witnessed in a Scottish stadium for decades...

Edited by Toepoke

There was a bad feeling in the family section tonight, I thought that sort of atmosphere was left behind years ago! Lighting flares off next to kids was way over the top, total disregard for others around them. The police and stewarding was poor to say the least, but then living in the area next to Hampden, poor policing seems to be the norm.

Yup. As I mentioned earlier, Polis and stewards left it to other fans to break up a fight after Poland's first goal. Either bottle merchants or couldn't give a . Either way, could've been a lot worse.

I remember being in the West Stand a few a years ago for the Croatia game and the police were going in and lifting the culprits, so why not tonight ? I would love too hear the match commanders take on it. It's a bad day when you have to look over your shoulder in the family section!

I think as Scotland fans we'd have a cheek to take the hump at polish fans in our end.

Having said that, a lot of them were pretty hostile.

We arrived to find a 30 stone polish guy in our seats (yes, both of them), he was in a group of about 20-30 Poland fans all young guys, shaved heads permascowl types, we just moved.

Feel sorry for families in our section (a6), I like a bit of an edge, so quite enjoyed it, but if it was quite a tense atmosphere and wouldn't fancy it if I had children with me.

Interesting to note the difference in the police reaction to flares etc tonight compared to 15 year old boys at Motherwell games.....

Never have I felt intimidated, threatened and outnumbered in my own team's stadium before tonight. Absolutely horrible. I tried to make this point before the game and other people tried to claim it was ok for opposing fans to be in the wrong end. The SFA, police and stewards need to take a serious look at themselves. People should not allowed to be openly in the wrong section of the stadium as it could lead to massive trouble.

My friend who is an easy going guy who gets on with people and isn't someone who attracts trouble had to be hauled away from a scrap with a Polish fan when we were 2-1 up. Our seats were occupied when we got there and when I tried to point this out to a policeman he said 'You're a big boy, go and ask them to move.'

Our seats were occupied when we got there and when I tried to point this out to a policeman he said 'You're a big boy, go and ask them to move.'

:lol:

My mate asked a steward supervisor what we should do about same, and he pointed to the young lassie drowning in her yellow jacket and said to ask her to move him.

After which we could go and enjoy the game sitting amongst his mates that all looked mental!

:lol:

I think as Scotland fans we'd have a cheek to take the hump at polish fans in our end.

Having said that, a lot of them were pretty hostile.

We arrived to find a 30 stone polish guy in our seats (yes, both of them), he was in a group of about 20-30 Poland fans all young guys, shaved heads permascowl types, we just moved.

Feel sorry for families in our section (a6), I like a bit of an edge, so quite enjoyed it, but if it was quite a tense atmosphere and wouldn't fancy it if I had children with me.

Interesting to note the difference in the police reaction to flares etc tonight compared to 15 year old boys at Motherwell games.....

That was going to be my next point with regards to flares in Scottish grounds, you bet me too it :)

It's bad enough having to put up with the odd eejit having a fag, I'm on permanent medication for a throat problem, smoke and such like inflames it. We're meant to have laws that protect us with such things in stadiums. I really hope I don't read tomorrow a kid or another innocent supporter has been injured through idiots setting these things off.