Chelsea Arsenal - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chelsea Arsenal

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ref had done his job correctly then Gabriel wouldn't have been lured into being sent off.

Costa should been given sent off initially at the very least a second booking for being in the refs face mouthing off, instead Gabriel was niave and sent off, he was trying to walk away, but as Pat Nevin said on five live, Costa was very clever and his team mates will be patting him on the back at half time for mission accomplished, add Nevin to the list IMO

Edited by Jersey Jim

Now onto a second page for a foreign game of fitba' while our own league's games thread has 11 replies. You sure have to love your Sky Sports fans.

If it bugs you so much why are you posting on this thread and making it even bigger?

Yep and very good question.

There have been some very bad challenges in the game but stamping on someone's throat goes way beyond that in terms of the possible consequences.

Neil Simpson for attempting to deliberately cripple a fellow professional.

Lee Bowyer for stamping on a Malaga players head after hacking him down in the first place.

Just watched the highlights as well. Costa was being a total nob. His tussle with the defender before the gabrial incident should have got him a yellow. He know what he was doing when he swung his arm. He could have got a straight red just for the way he grabbed Gabriel. When they were walking back after getting the yellows I didn't think Gabriel had done anything bar not realising Costa had stopped walking but motd showed an angle where you could see clearly that Gabriel did have a little kick out. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a massive kick or anything near that but under the letter of the law if the ref spotted it he had to go. Thought Costa was a nob as well with the whole back patting thing. If you can't take the rough don't give it out.

Used to have a soft spot for Chelsea due to Steve Clarke. Watched him when I started going to football at beith but in the last few years something has started putting me off them. Can't even say its the special one as it was happening before then and I really liked him when he was first there. Don't know what it is but its almost like they are getting more and more arrogant or something

Just watched the highlights as well. Costa was being a total nob. His tussle with the defender before the gabrial incident should have got him a yellow. He know what he was doing when he swung his arm. He could have got a straight red just for the way he grabbed Gabriel. When they were walking back after getting the yellows I didn't think Gabriel had done anything bar not realising Costa had stopped walking but motd showed an angle where you could see clearly that Gabriel did have a little kick out. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a massive kick or anything near that but under the letter of the law if the ref spotted it he had to go. Thought Costa was a nob as well with the whole back patting thing. If you can't take the rough don't give it out.

Used to have a soft spot for Chelsea due to Steve Clarke. Watched him when I started going to football at beith but in the last few years something has started putting me off them. Can't even say its the special one as it was happening before then and I really liked him when he was first there. Don't know what it is but its almost like they are getting more and more arrogant or something

John Terry? Hes a total twat. I nearly wet myself laughing at him putting his strip on to collect the Champions League trophy as he'd missed the game. What a sad attention seeker.