Aberdeen And Hearts - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Aberdeen winning the league would be great for Scottish football, I'd prefer it to be after we win 10 in a row!

What would be even better would be all our teams competing consistently better in Europe.

What's significant about 10 in a row?

Not as though it's a big deal winning it right now,especially when rangers couldn't.

Of course it's your choice.

I think folk are just finding it bizarre as Celtic are one half of a duo who have dominated Scottish football for decades and decimated their rivals playing squads any time they got close to challenging them.

Celtic winning the league would be more of the same. An extension of non-competition in Scottish football.

Where as i think Aberdeen winning the league would offer hope to every other club that with the combination of hard work, an excellent manager and a well assembled group of players, that it is possible to bridge the huge financial gap that exists. It'd give hope to every other team (including Dundee Utd) that one season it could be them that could challenge and win it.

So, it may not be bitterness (although it definitely smacks of that) but i'm keen to hear why you'd rather a continuation of the stale, same-old shite, over a bit of competition and hope to every other team in the league.

Very valid points and I agree with a lot of them.

I would be ecstatic for United to win the league, but that's no gonna happen.

I don't want Aberdeen to win the league, that's due to my own personal reasons.

But I will say something about Aberdeen. For a large prt of last season and up to now this season, you are a breath of fresh air in many ways for Scottish football.

Your team and leadership are something that United should be aiming towards but we are a good way of that level at present.

So with my team not winning the league, for personal reasons, Celtic winning it doesn't bother me like it does others. It's actually a good day for my family.

Am I making any sense with this ? I'm not trying to rip the pish or wind people up, it's just my personal opinion.

But I will say something about Aberdeen. For a large prt of last season and up to now this season, you are a breath of fresh air in many ways for Scottish football.

Your team and leadership are something that United should be aiming towards but we are a good way of that level at present.

So with my team not winning the league, for personal reasons, Celtic winning it doesn't bother me like it does others. It's actually a good day for my family.

Am I making any sense with this ? I'm not trying to rip the pish or wind people up, it's just my personal opinion.

I'm guessing folk in your family support Celtic and you'd be happy that they have the enjoyment of winning the league?

That's fair enough. You should've just said that in the first place. ;)

Edited by Parklife

We get it - Utd are your wee team..... :wink2:

Of course it's your choice.

I think folk are just finding it bizarre as Celtic are one half of a duo who have dominated Scottish football for decades and decimated their rivals playing squads any time they got close to challenging them.

Celtic winning the league would be more of the same. An extension of non-competition in Scottish football.

Where as i think Aberdeen winning the league would offer hope to every other club that with the combination of hard work, an excellent manager and a well assembled group of players, that it is possible to bridge the huge financial gap that exists. It'd give hope to every other team (including Dundee Utd) that one season it could be them that could challenge and win it.

So, it may not be bitterness (although it definitely smacks of that) but i'm keen to hear why you'd rather a continuation of the stale, same-old shite, over a bit of competition and hope to every other team in the league.

Hearts in 06 where the only team capable of winning the league in recent times. You are kidding yourself son if you think Celtic bought the players from United because they where seen as a threat.

Hearts in 06 where the only team capable of winning the league in recent times. You are kidding yourself son if you think Celtic bought the players from United because they where seen as a threat.

Well there has been a history of it from both sides of the OF for 15-20 years.

Don't think that was the case last year as there's only 1 team that can currently win the league but during the old duopoly it was quite common.

Basically anyone who played well against them was swiftly purchased, and in many cases, sat on the bench as a bit part player.

I can't be arsed but I'm sure fellow TAMBers could rattle off 15-20 names in a few minutes.

Hearts in 06 where the only team capable of winning the league in recent times.

Interesting how the mind plays tricks.

Hearts finished 17 points behind Celtic that season (the same as Aberdeen last season), and at no point after December were they within touching distance of Celtic....unlike Aberdeen last season.

Hearts only notable league achievement....despite spending 10's of millions....was to finish above Rangers. They never. ever came close to looking like a team' capable of winning the league'.

Incidentally, the next season they finished 4th.....despite spending 10's of millions.....behind the OF and Aberdeen.

Interesting how the mind plays tricks.

Hearts finished 17 points behind Celtic that season (the same as Aberdeen last season), and at no point after December were they within touching distance of Celtic....unlike Aberdeen last season.

Hearts only notable league achievement....despite spending 10's of millions....was to finish above Rangers. They never. ever came close to looking like a team' capable of winning the league'.

Incidentally, the next season they finished 4th.....despite spending 10's of millions.....behind the OF and Aberdeen.

I made the same point earlier in the thread. They looked capable after 8 games. They fell to bits pretty quickly after that. The league was a procession for the Tims that year.

Well there has been a history of it from both sides of the OF for 15-20 years.

Don't think that was the case last year as there's only 1 team that can currently win the league but during the old duopoly it was quite common.

Basically anyone who played well against them was swiftly purchased, and in many cases, sat on the bench as a bit part player.

I can't be arsed but I'm sure fellow TAMBers could rattle off 15-20 names in a few minutes.

That's 100% untrue. In 1995 we improved Dundee United's squad immeasurably by signing Gary Bollan.

Hearts played us off the park a couple of times that season. They scored goals and played some decent football.

True however it irrelevant to the point I was making. One of those times, the league was finished and the other you lot still won the game. After you beat them on New Year's Day that was it finished. We were only just over half way at that point. 7 points was always going to be too much anyway but just to compound things they dropped points in 3 of their next 5. You lot, in contrast won 4 of your next 5. There was still 11 or 12 games to go After that. Hardly much of a challenge is it?

Hearts v Aberdeen

Sunday 20th September, 2.15pm KO

Tynecastle Stadium,Edinburgh

Ticket Details

The Dons allocation for this match has now SOLD OUT.

Tickets for the match went on sale to supporters with 115 + Loyalty Points and 2015/16 Black & Gold members from 10am on Wednesday 9th September and sold out in just 135 minutes!

Hearts v Aberdeen

Sunday 20th September, 2.15pm KO

Tynecastle Stadium,Edinburgh

Ticket Details

The Dons allocation for this match has now SOLD OUT.

Tickets for the match went on sale to supporters with 115 + Loyalty Points and 2015/16 Black & Gold members from 10am on Wednesday 9th September and sold out in just 135 minutes!

To be fair you didn't get that many, so selling them all wouldn't have been that difficult for a club of the stature of Aberdeen.