Aberdeen And Hearts - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts

Unfortunately buddy, I'm not going unless there is drastic changes at work this week but more chance of United winning the league than that happening :(

Faro ? :beer2:

Yes, although I'm only there for the one night so your wallet will probably remain intact...........yet again! :whistling:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that bitter ?

Just because I don't want aberdeen to win, that's makes me bitter ! :lol:

Definitely something up with a fan of any Scottish team who would prefer Celtic to win the league over another club (except Rangers and they cannae win it just now) so if it isn't bitterness then what is it?

Definitely something up with a fan of any Scottish team who would prefer Celtic to win the league over another club (except Rangers and they cannae win it just now) so if it isn't bitterness then what is it?

Why ?

It's my choice is it not.

That's not bitterness on my part, it appears your bitterness towards Celtic is properly on show.

If United don't win the League and it had to be you lot or Celtic, it's a really simple choice for me to make.

Comprende ?

It's not a Union Jack. It's an Aberdeen flag, just happens to be in the shape of the Union flag.

For year, Celtic used to fly the Basque flag over the jungle (maybe it's still there). Is that a Union jack ? It's the same design.

I know it may seem unbelieveable to Old Firm fans, but it's just a feckin flag with no political connections.

Nice try but it is a union jack.

The basque flag is also a different design to the union flag. The Aberdeen one isn't.

Why ?

That's not bitterness on my part, it appears your bitterness towards Celtic is properly on show.

If United don't win the League and it had to be you lot or Celtic, it's a really simple choice for me to make.

Comprende ?

I don't think he is questioning your right to have an opinion - he's just wondering why your opinion is so bad?!

Why ?

Comprende ?

Entirely your choice I just don't get the logic. Or are Celtic your big team?

Nice try but it is a union jack.

The basque flag is also a different design to the union flag. The Aberdeen one isn't.

You must be an expert in hair-splitting.

The Aberdeen flag (not the Union Jack) is no more a 'Union Flag' than the Basque flag. It's black and red (as the Hibs flag is black and green).

Are people actually trying to suggest that this flag has any political meaning ? :blink::blink:

Very defensive.

It is a union jack but I don't really care, I don't have to look at it every week.

It's quite expected though, the supporters of NO city should embrace their Britishness...

You haven't seen it have you? Edited by SMcoolJ

Very defensive.

It is a union jack but I don't really care, I don't have to look at it every week.

It's quite expected though, the supporters of NO city should embrace their Britishness...

For somebody who doesn't care, you've a lot to say about it.

Why ?

Comprende ?

Of course it's your choice.

I think folk are just finding it bizarre as Celtic are one half of a duo who have dominated Scottish football for decades and decimated their rivals playing squads any time they got close to challenging them.

Celtic winning the league would be more of the same. An extension of non-competition in Scottish football.

Where as i think Aberdeen winning the league would offer hope to every other club that with the combination of hard work, an excellent manager and a well assembled group of players, that it is possible to bridge the huge financial gap that exists. It'd give hope to every other team (including Dundee Utd) that one season it could be them that could challenge and win it.

So, it may not be bitterness (although it definitely smacks of that) but i'm keen to hear why you'd rather a continuation of the stale, same-old shite, over a bit of competition and hope to every other team in the league.

What would be even better would be all our teams competing consistently better in Europe.

I think for that you need a combination of finance, players experienced in European competition, and luck.

Aberdeen performed decently in Europe last year, and probably better this season against overall a higher standard of opposition. If we can keep the same group of players and manager together, I would hope next season we'll have a decent crack at getting into the group stages of the EL.

No need luck though in the draw that you get. Aberdeen coulda/shoulda beaten Almaty, and then would have been seeded (I believe) for last weeks games.

If we get the same draw next season, I think we can get into the group stages.