Jermy Corbyn - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That's right. Would that decision come down to PM?

If the prosecutors at the ICC in the Hague decided to prosecute, a sympathetic PM could make things move more swiftly, I imagine (compare the difficulties with Kenyatta in Kenya). Just guessing though. Still, Corbyn would get my vote based on that statement.

Edited by DonnyTJS

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont get the Corbyn love in. is it simply because the other candidates are really, really bad?

If you have been watching and listening over the last couple of months then you wouldnt have had to ask that question !

Despite McTernan's diatribe Labour lost the last election because most people couldnt tell the difference between them and the Tories apart from being a poor sort of Tory lite party

The other 3 candidates have basically just reaffirmed that

Corbyn has been very different

Edited by Ally Bongo

I just dont get the Corbyn love in. is it simply because the other candidates are really, really bad?

Because he's an honest politician - fast becoming an oxymoron in recent years - whose values are those of non-Blairite Labour: something many many people, disenfranchised for years by parties intent on power ahead of social justice, have been waiting for.

That a breath of fresh air through the Augean stables of UK politics should be popular is hardly surprising.

Because he's an honest politician - fast becoming an oxymoron in recent years - whose values are those of non-Blairite Labour: something many many people, disenfranchised for years by parties intent on power ahead of social justice, have been waiting for.

That a breath of fresh air through the Augean stables of UK politics should be popular is hardly surprising.

Where's Heracles with his river when you need him.

It's amazing how everyone is raising up to try and tear him down. Voting for him could effect more change than voting for any other politician in Britain.

Corbyn is coming to Dundee today. I was in the city square earlier on and it was mobbed. I thought "Wow, this Corbynmania is bigger than I expected". Then I realised that all the folk were there for the Gamesfest. :lol:

The event in Glasgow booked up in less than 2 hours, they moved it to a bigger venue and that filled up in another hour. Thoroughly looking forward to it tomorrow. Hope the support bands good!

All I can see happening here is that Corbyn gets the leadership, ensures Labour have no chance thereafter of power in government, meanwhile some support swings back to Labour in Scotland weakening SNP and denting hopes of another go for Independence.

Doesn't really matter who gets the leadership. The Labour Parliamentary Party, MSPs and councilors are mainly Blairites with views way to the right of those potential Labour voters.

The only hope Labour have is Corbyn being elected leader , then somehow allowing the non-Tory parts of the party to regain control.

If any of these other nonentities become Leader - Labour is finished. The only outcome I see is Labour splitting up - Blairites combine with Lib Dems to form a new party - and the ostracized left of the Labour party form a new English party. "Scottish" Labour are a laughing stock anyway.

All I can see happening here is that Corbyn gets the leadership, ensures Labour have no chance thereafter of power in government, meanwhile some support swings back to Labour in Scotland weakening SNP and denting hopes of another go for Independence.

:)

This is the mantra of the Tories and the Red Tories within Labour

Now - if it was really true why would the Tories be so animated about Corbyn ?

How many Tory party meetings could equal the sights seen at Corbyn meetings all around England ?

He appears to have mobilised quite a grassroots movement in England similar to what the SNP have done in Scotland

Labour in Scotland are finished with or without Corbyn

Sure he may get them a few extra votes but most folk can now see through Scottish Labour especially if Kezia gets the gig

There could easily be a English Labour/SNP coalition at the next GE if Corbyn manages to sway all the working class UKIP voters back to Labour

Interesting analysis here...

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/could-a-corbyn-leadership-revive-scottish-labour/

This is the mantra of the Tories and the Red Tories within Labour

Now - if it was really true why would the Tories be so animated about Corbyn ?

How many Tory party meetings could equal the sights seen at Corbyn meetings all around England ?

He appears to have mobilised quite a grassroots movement in England similar to what the SNP have done in Scotland

Labour in Scotland are finished with or without Corbyn

Sure he may get them a few extra votes but most folk can now see through Scottish Labour especially if Kezia gets the gig

There could easily be a English Labour/SNP coalition at the next GE if Corbyn manages to sway all the working class UKIP voters back to Labour

Tories animated about Corbyn? Not seen it.

Tories animated about Corbyn? Not seen it.

You need to stay up late for Newsnight

Not to mention the Mail & Torygraph etc views

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3190691/PETER-HITCHENS-bearded-Lefty-wins-s-Tories-ll-whisker-away-disaster.html

Edited by Ally Bongo