Transfer Rumours - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sold big dunc for a then scottish transfer record if I am not mistaken. Hardly the same.

British Transfer record actually. Amazingly we got the same money from him off Everton.

That was Dave McPherson's fault.

The goal was but the defeat wasn't. A shocking display from start to finish. In fact it was a truly awful final, with Utd managing to be slightly less shite than us. Deserved to lift the cup. Chance to win back to back trebles for us too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Utd not sell Duncan Disorderly to Rangers one season, then Cleland & Bollan the following season? That was around the time Utd finally won the Scottish Cup against their "rivals" when Ally Maxwell dropped that howler.

I can't remember any sort of outcry then - what's the difference now?

The whole yoonisverse is against Celtic. I think that's pretty clear is it no'?

Saidy Janko confirmed....looks like Matthews will be off. QPR and Palace interested.

Thoughts on that mate? Rated Mathews any time I seen him I must say My mate who folows you boys home and away is disappointed to be losing him.

British Transfer record actually. Amazingly we got the same money from him off Everton.

The goal was but the defeat wasn't. A shocking display from start to finish. In fact it was a truly awful final, with Utd managing to be slightly less shite than us. Deserved to lift the cup. Chance to win back to back trebles for us too.

The whole yoonisverse is against Celtic. I think that's pretty clear is it no'?

Thoughts on that mate? Rated Mathews any time I seen him I must say My mate who folows you boys home and away is disappointed to be losing him.

Yeah like Matthews but his injury record ain't great. Man u fan I know reckons Janko has the potential to be even better so I suppose it makes sense. The club seem pretty determined to avoid players running down contracts and I can't fault them for that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Utd not sell Duncan Disorderly to Rangers one season, then Cleland & Bollan the following season? That was around the time Utd finally won the Scottish Cup against their "rivals" when Ally Maxwell dropped that howler.

I can't remember any sort of outcry then - what's the difference now?

There was a lot of complaints when McLean agreed to sell Ferguson to Rangers, but the vastness of the money for a guy that was in the huff took the edge off. Thru the 70s and 80s McLean had a policy of not selling to the Old Firm, witness Dicky Gough having to go to Ibrox via Spurs.

Cleland was a routine Utd player of the time, think we were pleased to get £750k for them. Bollan was taking Utd to court over his 30 year contract and a condition of the Cleland sale was that they took baldy as well.

AND neither was two weeks before a cup final v Rangers. If they'd have sold Dunc two weeks before that Cup Final (in which Utd were awesome) you'd have had the same outcry, especially if we'd have rolled over in the game itself.

Edited by adamntg

adamntg

In your role as unofficial spokesman for "Selltic" fans, surely you would understand that not one person is either upset, or bumping their gums, or annoyed that Dundee United won't sell to us. Not a single Celtic fan I have seen wants him. If we wanted someone to walk about disinterested when we were up against it we have Commons. If it's his bampottery that is appealing then we have Griifiths to do daft stuff. He brings nothing to our team and would be another squad player filed under Balde, Pukki, etc. so thank you for your two decent players but no thanks for Cifti.

Very few players in world football are not for sale. However, none of these players are at Dundee United. If you really believe that Cifti would not be sold to Celtic if we offered enough then you are a bit daft.

adamntg

In your role as unofficial spokesman for "Selltic" fans, surely you would understand that not one person is either upset, or bumping their gums, or annoyed that Dundee United won't sell to us. Not a single Celtic fan I have seen wants him. If we wanted someone to walk about disinterested when we were up against it we have Commons. If it's his bampottery that is appealing then we have Griifiths to do daft stuff. He brings nothing to our team and would be another squad player filed under Balde, Pukki, etc. so thank you for your two decent players but no thanks for Cifti.

Very few players in world football are not for sale. However, none of these players are at Dundee United. If you really believe that Cifti would not be sold to Celtic if we offered enough then you are a bit daft.

See - raging. ?

adamntg

Ciftci would be the most unpopular signing in a long time. I don't rate him as a player or as a person & we still continue to have a mental block when it comes to strikers.

I'd far rather see Scepovic given a chance ahead of this clown. He misses a hell of a lot, but at least he's there to miss them. I doubt he's the answer right enough.

Stevie Smith signs for Killie. Has he improved since his early days at Rangers? Always thought it was a myth he was any good.

No. He's terrible m8.

Your best hope is to at least play him in his favoured position (left back) and you MIGHT get something resembling passable. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I'd far rather see Scepovic given a chance ahead of this clown. He misses a hell of a lot, but at least he's there to miss them. I doubt he's the answer right enough.

I quite like scepovic. I think with the right pre season and change in attitude there could be a player in there. As you said, he is one of the best players in a few years for finding space in the box and either fluffing his shot or no one passes to him. It could be my imagination but he seemed a bit of a loner on the pitch. Did not celebrate goals with the other players and they never seemed to want to pass to him when he was in a good position. Time will tell .

I quite like scepovic. I think with the right pre season and change in attitude there could be a player in there. As you said, he is one of the best players in a few years for finding space in the box and either fluffing his shot or no one passes to him. It could be my imagination but he seemed a bit of a loner on the pitch. Did not celebrate goals with the other players and they never seemed to want to pass to him when he was in a good position. Time will tell .

Ach well. He only cost as much as all the other teams put together have spent on players in the last five years. Just write him off.

Yeah like Matthews but his injury record ain't great. Man u fan I know reckons Janko has the potential to be even better so I suppose it makes sense. The club seem pretty determined to avoid players running down contracts and I can't fault them for that.

Naw you can't. A lesson learned from Ledley I would imagine.

Stevie Smith signs for Killie. Has he improved since his early days at Rangers? Always thought it was a myth he was any good.

I still think there's a half decent player in there somewhere but as Angus said he's a left back and nothing more. McCoist's insistence at playing him at left mid in our "bigger" games was one of his more baffling tactical decisions. He is also prone to a rash challenge or 2 so don't be surprised if he picks up a couple of suspensions. Takes a cracking free kick as well.