Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 25 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STV just quoted Murphy as saying he believed be could still become FM of Scotland next year! Did he really say that? If so, that's beyond belief.

It's all about 'power' and 'winning' for Jim and SLab.

If they focussed on policy instead of winning, then they'd win. They're too dense to see that though.

I guess the immediate problem for Labour in Scotland is if not Murphy then who?

Their constitution says that any leadership candidate needs to be either a serving MP, MSP or MEP, I can't see any realistic candidates from that current group.

Hungover to fuuuck. Got carpet burn from celebrating his loss. Happy days

:cheers3:

Never thought I'd see the day when the SNP gained East Renfrewshire. I thought it would be near impossible to get that lying Murphy out. I still can't believe we managed it, it's simply unreal, emotional even !

Good luck Kirsten Oswald, do us proud :ok:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

:cheers3:

Never thought I'd see the day when the SNP gained East Renfrewshire. I thought it would be near impossible to get that lying Murphy out. I still can't believe we managed it, it's simply unreal, emotional even !

Good luck Kirsten Oswald, do us proud :ok:

+ 1.

Turned up to vote yesterday in leafy G77; Outside the polling station was Cooncillor Swifty (Conservative) plus a couple of oldie Labour types. No SNP in sight. I thought to myself "Ah that's a shame that the SNP haven't put up a presence here, they must be ganging up to blitz Barrhead/Neilston". However, the SNP rep was standing inside, away from the gruesome twosome. I wished him luck and he said "well done, thanks for your vote". I thought then, for the first time in my life, that my vote might just count in a UK General Election.

Delighted to have contributed to a momentous day in Scottish history. Delighted to see Murphy getting his comeuppance.

Cheers all.

Rumours on twitter that he will resign tomorrow

Gary Paterson MSYP @MrGaryPaterson 19m19 minutes ago

Hearing that Jim Murphy may resign tomorrow, apparently there is a press conference happening in the morning. #ge15 #ge2015

It's all about 'power' and 'winning' for Jim and SLab.

If they focussed on policy instead of winning, then they'd win. They're too dense to see that though.

I don't think it is about power now. It's now all about the expense account. If he stays on as Labour leader will will still have his expense account, but instead of being funded by the tax payer it will now be funded by the Labour party. Until they boot him oot that is.

A timely reminder of this solid gold bit of delusion from Murphy:

"

we won’t lose a single seat to the SNP

"

Technically he was correct. They didn't lose a single seat to the SNP, they lost 40 of them. He'll probably claim that was what he actually meant.