Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is Mr Salmond suggesting if not Government intervention?

Surely having an elected voice fighting for what is right is a start? Wouldn't it be wrong to sit back and not give too hoots when the people you have been elected to serve are being shafted?

I think that word "becoming" was redundant quite a while ago as far as Scunnered is concerned. :lol:

You're being silly now.

Surely having an elected voice fighting for what is right is a start? Wouldn't it be wrong to sit back and not give too hoots when the people you have been elected to serve are being shafted?

So... Just to be clear. You called me desperate for inferring that a party renowned for state interference would interfere in broadcasting that was answerable to it... When you have no clue what they have planned? Other than "justice".

That's a bit sinister is it not?

You're being silly now.

So... Just to be clear. You called me desperate for inferring that a party renowned for state interference would interfere in broadcasting that was answerable to it... When you have no clue what they have planned? Other than "justice".

That's a bit sinister is it not?

Sinister is using a paid for by the public media company to shaft the public with London propaganda. That's the injustice. That's what is definitely sinister.

Sinister is using a paid for by the public media company to shaft the public with London propaganda. That's the injustice. That's what is definitely sinister.

Who is using it? And in what way are they shafting the public?... You've not offered up an alternative 'less sinister' motive behind the Scottish Governments intentions.

There's a decent possibility I could be in agreement with you in part, but I've no idea what point you're trying to make other than: Westminster Sinister v Holyrood Just!

Who is using it? And in what way are they shafting the public?... You've not offered up an alternative 'less sinister' motive behind the Scottish Governments intentions.

There's a decent possibility I could be in agreement with you in part, but I've no idea what point you're trying to make other than: Westminster Sinister v Holyrood Just!

I can understand wanting to devolve broadcasting in order that a higher percentage of the license fee take from Scotland is spent in Scotland. However, the BBC is; or SBC if formed would be influenced by whatever government is in power since it truly is THE Establishment media.

I have already stated that it would be a very bad road to go down if we had a Scottish government controlled media. We all surely agree that we want to live in democracies. So, why is it wrong for our elected officials to fight for the Scottish public to have a fair representation in the media that each adult pays for?

There is a difference in Holyrood fighting for that justice and in them being wholly just full stop. It's the former of those two I want.

I can understand wanting to devolve broadcasting in order that a higher percentage of the license fee take from Scotland is spent in Scotland. However, the BBC is; or SBC if formed would be influenced by whatever government is in power since it truly is THE Establishment media.

Yeah that's pretty much how I see it.

I have already stated that it would be a very bad road to go down if we had a Scottish government controlled media. We all surely agree that we want to live in democracies. So, why is it wrong for our elected officials to fight for the Scottish public to have a fair representation in the media that each adult pays for?

There is a difference in Holyrood fighting for that justice and in them being wholly just full stop. It's the former of those two I want.

I don't think anyone would disagree with their elected representatives 'fighting for fair representation in the media', it's what that entails if that fight ends with Broadcasting being devolved to Holyrood. I don't see anything coming from it other than what MacWalka has said above.

Yeah that's pretty much how I see it.

I don't think anyone would disagree with their elected representatives 'fighting for fair representation in the media', it's what that entails if that fight ends with Broadcasting being devolved to Holyrood. I don't see anything coming from it other than what MacWalka has said above.

I'm in agreement with you.

Now 2 suspended & Nicola Sturgeon says the protest "crossed the line"

So... What did they do? I mean specifically those two, were they heckling, being aggressive, playing loudspeakers, etc? All of the above?

I see Margaret Curran referred to the incident as "appalling scenes on the streets of Glasgow" - a word you might employ more for an accident, incident where someone was actually hurt, or set something on fire, or caused a criminal offence...

So... What did they do? I mean specifically those two, were they heckling, being aggressive, playing loudspeakers, etc? All of the above?

I see Margaret Curran referred to the incident as "appalling scenes on the streets of Glasgow" - a word you might employ more for an accident, incident where someone was actually hurt, or set something on fire, or caused a criminal offence...

Murphy heard what was going on and ran down there.......

No idea, but I'm assuming they were part of the group that "crossed the line" as Sturgeon put it.

I suggest you stop listening to Curran if you value your sanity :ok:

Unless of course it's just STV & BBC lies :ok:

SNP convoy attacked last night by a loyalist mob,police intervened but no mention in the press. Young SNP activist attacked while canvassing in Paisley and had to go to A & E.Again not reported on the news or in the press. SNP office attacked during Orange Walk last month in Glasgow.Again nothing in the MSM. Four people shout RED TORIES OUT at Murphy and a drag Queen dressed as Mags Curran and it gets national news. There yir Brit media bias.

No idea, but I'm assuming they were part of the group that "crossed the line" as Sturgeon put it.

I'm just curious where the line is drawn. Weighing into the crowd of Murphy's supporters, disrupting something to stop it actually happening sounds like intimidation / sabotage and out of line. Heckling from the back or the side sounds more like part of street democracy, even if unpleasant for those on the receiving end.

I suggest you stop listening to Curran if you value your sanity :ok:

Thankfully I only read it!

SNP convoy attacked last night by a loyalist mob,police intervened but no mention in the press. Young SNP activist attacked while canvassing in Paisley and had to go to A & E.Again not reported on the news or in the press. SNP office attacked during Orange Walk last month in Glasgow.Again nothing in the MSM. Four people shout RED TORIES OUT at Murphy and a drag Queen dressed as Mags Curran and it gets national news. There yir Brit media bias.

Two of those were in the press. I wouldn't report something where I had to say "SNP convoy" either :lol:

Wife: "where you off to? That pub again?!

Husband: "Naw! Am going on the SNP Convoy!"

Wife: ".........."

Well, it's not in Scotland at present. The Scottish Government is SNP, and the UK is Tory (I'll not even include Rennie's mob). However, it's the Labour Party who call the shots.