Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Murphy rumours are wrong right? Im seeing nothing about such a resignation. And surely they'd be inviting a blood bath if they forced him out so soon after very publicly saying he was going nowhere.

I think folk are have picked up tweets from last night about today's press conference and thought it was another presser tomorrow.

Ehhh, how did you celebrate? :lol:

You slid on your knees or jumped on the Mrs in celebration ?

Went something along the lines of my mate and me jumping up and down and hugging then falling over and getting carpet burnt. Very manly and straight haha. We were about 13 hours into a drinking sesion

Went something along the lines of my mate and me jumping up and down and hugging then falling over and getting carpet burnt. Very manly and straight haha. We were about 13 hours into a drinking sesion

So you and your pal were celebrating with hugging, 'falling over' and not wearing trousers?

;-)

Watching Murphy's defeat speech (and I confess this is the first time I have actually watched him) he really does come across as a student union president giving a speech far out of his depth rather than a professional and seasoned politician. All the weird gaps and pauses in his delivery make it sound like he is reading a script rather than saying something he really believes in. He really is terrible.

Watching Murphy's defeat speech (and I confess this is the first time I have actually watched him) he really does come across as a student union president giving a speech far out of his depth rather than a professional and seasoned politician. All the weird gaps and pauses in his delivery make it sound like he is reading a script rather than saying something he really believes in. He really is terrible.

We commented on that last night, seems like he is doing a presentation at school. Just sounds like reading off a script. Such an irritating voice as well.

Nae joy Jim!

Yet the talking heads thought he was brilliant, great speech etc, totally ignoring the pish and the underlying tone that the electorate in Scotland were somehow to be blamed for the demise of a brilliant SLAB campaign which they should have worshipped as the best campaign since the Jim Baxter Bridge landslide.

Scary thing is his deputy is x5 worse than what you have described.

So you and your pal were celebrating with hugging, 'falling over' and not wearing trousers?

;-)

Carpet burn on the arm, trousers where on haha. Dam I shoulda stayed quiet

S'alright, we're all pals here, we're not going to hold you getting your back doors smashed in by your pal against you. Put it down to the "moment".

Had to laugh on BBC earlier today the auld fud Douglas Hurd was on saying that the Scottish Labour MP's were not good enough or B standard or something. Said he got that opinion from bumping into them at House of Lords.

Hurd was very shocking. Always remembered him as one of the moderate and reasonable tories of that era. Yet he came across as a right old bigoted Thatcherite .

Lower arm, where if you were on all fours you'd be putting most of your weight? Why should you keep quiet Kirk, say it loud and say it proud. :-0 :-))))

I can't find his speech online and I was tired and maybe not hearing things properly but did the Edinburgh labour guy* say something about SNP giving people aspirations and say it in a disapproving manner?

*Just remembered, Ian Murray

Edited by G-Man