Polls - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've no issue with a church taking a stance on politics, or with people giving some weight to what they say. I don't think anyone should allow themselves to be told how to vote by their church, but in reality don't really believe many do now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has me even more paronoid, i am going to be shitting myself come friday although i found this "All the indications are that Banff and Buchan delivered a majority for Yes, against the trend in other parts of Aberdeenshire, and I am immensely proud of the people who chose hope over fear. Elidgh Whiteford"

Go and read what a nowcast is.

Are you not hoping for your UKIP chums to nick it?

What would make another 19th out of interest? -40 seats? -30? Murphy returned?

My sole interest in this election is Clark returned, SNP can take 58 for all I care. If clark loses I'll be disappointed, I'll be disgusted by the sheer stupidity of my fellow constituents, but it won't come close to the heartache of Indyref.

I fail to see how you can be disgusted by North Ayrshire constituents refusing to ever vote Labour again. You are looking solely and perhaps with blinkers at the perceived quality of the candidate - I suggest the majority of voters are solely looking at how they have been sold down the river by Scottish Labour. To call them stupid puts your attitude very much in with the attitude of the Scottish Labour gravy-train.......

My sole interest in this election is Clark returned, SNP can take 58 for all I care. If clark loses I'll be disappointed, I'll be disgusted by the sheer stupidity of my fellow constituents, but it won't come close to the heartache of Indyref.

If your pal Katy loses her seat it would be pretty disgusting to blame the "stupidity of your fellow constituents". You might want to look a bit closer to home?

You sound like a nasty CyberSoc. :wink2:

I fail to see how you can be disgusted by North Ayrshire constituents refusing to ever vote Labour again. You are looking solely and perhaps with blinkers at the perceived quality of the candidate - I suggest the majority of voters are solely looking at how they have been sold down the river by Scottish Labour. To call them stupid puts your attitude very much in with the attitude of the Scottish Labour gravy-train.......

Snap! :lol: Almost exactly what I was thinking.

To be fair, Scunnered is an obviously intelligent chappie by dint of his club allegiance - he is, however, surrounded by stupidity regardless of how they vote up thar in 'North Ayrshire'. (By this I'm talking about anywhere north of Stewarton).

The only places with stupider-type people in Ayrshire are up the valley and Kilmaurs. Maybe Saltcoats too........

I found the Survation/Daily Record datasets for ScotGoesPop:

A few interesting points:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes - 45.8%

No - 46.9%

DK - 7.2%

Yes - 49.4%

No - 50.6%

If there was a referendum ... on whether the UK should remain a member of the European Union, how do you think you would vote?

Stay In - 52.5%

Leave - 26.5%

DK - 21.0%

Stay In - 66.5%

Leave - 33.5%

Well done you for a name check by James Kelly :ok:

To be fair, Scunnered is an obviously intelligent chappie by dint of his club allegiance - he is, however, surrounded by stupidity regardless of how they vote up thar in 'North Ayrshire'. (By this I'm talking about anywhere north of Stewarton).

The only places with stupider-type people in Ayrshire are up the valley and Kilmaurs. Maybe Saltcoats too........

Agreed. With more brain cells they could follow South Ayrshire and continue to give large numbers of votes to the Tories.

Am hoping for ukip to nick votes from the conservatives, saying that it wouldn't bother me or much of the northeast if we left europe, our fishing grounds have been stolen from us plain and simple,,, it surprises me no one from aberdeen bothers with the industry as that was what the place was built on the back of and it will still be there a long time after the oil has dried up

Go and read what a nowcast is.

Are you not hoping for your UKIP chums to nick it?

Hope so

Couldnt take another Sept 19th

Nothing in a general election, or even a Scottish election for that matter, could come close to being another 19th for me. The only thing that could rival that disappointment - and would probably be even worse - would be losing a second referendum.

A bit harsh on Dunlop and Lugton.

Nothing in a general election, or even a Scottish election for that matter, could come close to being another 19th for me. The only thing that could rival that disappointment - and would probably be even worse - would be losing a second referendum.

That's why there won't be another referendum for some time,far too gutting. If a second referendum tis lost it will mean no independence for a long, long time. The only thing that would get a referendum in the next few years would be UK leaving Europe against wishes of Scots voters. A referendum about FFA however might make things interesting.

Sorry pal

Sorry pal

You can be excused... Slightly. Anyone who lives here and has witnessed just how much of a feckin' moron the SNP candidate is should be shot for even considering marking an X next to her name... If they have the ability to.

You can be excused... Slightly. Anyone who lives here and has witnessed just how much of a feckin' lovely cuddly bunny the SNP candidate is should be shot for even considering marking an X next to her name... If they have the ability to.

I shall be placing my X next to Patricia Gibson :)

You can be excused... Slightly. Anyone who lives here and has witnessed just how much of a feckin' lovely cuddly bunny the SNP candidate is should be shot for even considering marking an X next to her name... If they have the ability to.

Whats your beef with Patricia Gibson ?

I shall be placing my X next to Patricia Gibson :)

That cuts to the core. Although I thought you were Ayrshire Central.

Whats your beef with Patricia Gibson ?

She's more Tory than a Tory, her campaign has been built on smears and she's been proven to be a liar on a number of occasions... And she gives the most bizarre answers to questions I've ever heard, she'd be better doing a Murphy and avoiding the question.

She's more Tory than a Tory, her campaign has been built on smears and she's been proven to be a liar on a number of occasions... And she gives the most bizarre answers to questions I've ever heard, she'd be better doing a Murphy and avoiding the question.

You could actually be describing the whole of Scottish Labour right there too