Polls - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"In the three Labour seats, the SNP are further ahead than when I polled them earlier in the year. They have extended their lead from three to 21 points in Glasgow South West, and from eight to eleven points in Douglas Alexanders seat of Paisley & Renfrewshire South. In East Renfrewshire, the one-point Labour lead I found in February has become a nine-point advantage for the SNP."

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2015/04/latest-scottish-constituency-polling/?utm_source=Lord+Ashcroft+Polls&utm_campaign=2abe13e60d-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b70c7aec0a-2abe13e60d-71655677

I've just put in a holiday request for the day after polling day. Staying up, watching the results and toasting Dougie losing his seat will be the highlight of any election.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just put in a holiday request for the day after polling day. Staying up, watching the results and toasting Dougie losing his seat will be the highlight of any election.

Curran, Murphy and Hood just shade Dougie in my jotters wish list!

Those numbers are f***ing mental. Absolutely mental. I can't believe those are genuine polling figures.

Murphy's now 9 points behind? If he loses his seat, does he have to resign? Surely can't lead the party without being elected... think its allowed by the rules but surely would be unsustainable!

As for who Ill enjoy seeing going most, anyone from Murphy, Curran, Alexander.

Curran, Murphy and Hood just shade Dougie in my jotters wish list!

Projections

Glasgow East

McGarry - 15766

Curran - 12698

East Renfrewshire

Murphy - 18668

Oswald - 17263

Lanark & Hamilton East

Crawley - 20621

Hood - 16670

Is this all too good to be true.?

For months I have thought this is too good to be true but now I am convinced that the vast majority of those who voted Yes are going to go back into the voting booth and vote SNP. I cannot see the whole 2 million who voted No getting out and voting so it all adds up to the SNP taking a huge share of the vote, certainly in excess of 40%.

Is this all too good to be true.?

Being a pessimistic bassa, it's certainly feeling like that. It's getting to the point where election night can't possibly live up to the hype. Im still scarred by September and with three weeks to go, the SNP can't possibly sustain this surely?! The numbers are a total mind-f*** and for all those seats to go SNP in the same election, would be like your number coming up in the lottery... twice. Im still sticking with between 30-40 seats although I cant remember what my prediction was last month. Im struggling to not predict 40+ now though.

I need a good election night, not September all over again. Expectations are getting too carried away for me to be comfortable.

What about the other Alexander, is there a chance he will lose his seat?

Yep. He's 9 points behind I think. And on reflection, he's the one I want to lose his seat the most. 10.30pm, a full 30 minutes after the polls had closed, and he was on the TV, smug as f*** and I knew at that point that something was wrong. Not sure how they knew it, but it was obvious.

So on May 7th, Ill be saving a special drink for his seat.

Paisley and Renfrewshire South

Mhairi Black - 19255

Douglas Alexander - 16970

Yep. He's 9 points behind I think. And on reflection, he's the one I want to lose his seat the most. 10.30pm, a full 30 minutes after the polls had closed, and he was on the TV, smug as f*** and I knew at that point that something was wrong. Not sure how they knew it, but it was obvious.

So on May 7th, Ill be saving a special drink for his seat.

Oh please please let this happen, I developed a hatred of this toad when he appeared on a referendum debate.