Wales - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much sealed there place in France tonight. Winning 2-0 away to Israel.

Good chance england, Wales and Northern Ireland will progress with games to spare.

Don't want Wales in the playoff so rather they would qualify with Belgium another team to avoid from that group. :ok:

Agree great performance from Wales away today, Bale is some player as we Scots know to our cost!

Wales look like being well on track to qualify and i just pray we don't end up in a play off with them as sadly I think we'd struggle, so Wales to finish in the top 2 in their group please!?

Wales have the luck to have 2 genuine world class players in Bale and Ramsey.

The rest of them are ordinary. Without these 2 they would be...well, us.

Aye, having world class players in the positions they do is particularly fortunate.

Darren Fletcher is (was?) the only player you could consider close to world class in our squad.

Darren Fletcher is (was?) the only player you could consider close to world class in our squad.

Don't think Fletch was ever near world class, as good as he was.

I think we've only had one truly world class player this century but unfortunately he plays tennis.

Having someone like Bale who can win a game on his own is a huge benefit to a country like Wales. I don't think they'll be in pot6 for a while...

Agree great performance from Wales away today, Bale is some player as we Scots know to our cost!

Wales look like being well on track to qualify and i just pray we don't end up in a play off with them as sadly I think we'd struggle, so Wales to finish in the top 2 in their group please!

Bale is a diving as we know to our cost.

Wales have the luck to have 2 genuine world class players in Bale and Ramsey.

The rest of them are ordinary. Without these 2 they would be...well, us.

Maybe it's just your terminology but Ramsey is not "world class". He is a very good player, had a way above average season last year, has had an injury hit one this year but I wouldn't be having him in the "world class" category. That to me is the likes of Iniesta, Pirlo, Robben, Rodriguez, yes even Bale and quite a few more. Still a good player and would be a cert to start in our team but world class for him sounds quite "Sky-ish". Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Wales look like being well on track to qualify and i just pray we don't end up in a play off with them as sadly I think we'd struggle, so Wales to finish in the top 2 in their group please!?

I wouldn't be too scared about facing them despite our previous results. Worse teams out there we could face. Edited by dezmondo

They got a lucky draw with that group. Belgium aren't firing on all cylinders like they were when we (and Wales) had them last time, Bosnia are in a big dip since they're an up and down kind of team. Always lucky to draw them when they're coming down but in a high pot. And when did Israel ever do anything of note?

Why do I hate all Welsh sports teams so much? When I think about it I can't really explain it.

Maybe it's just your terminology but Ramsey is not "world class". He is a very good player, had a way above average season last year, has had an injury hit one this year but I wouldn't be having him in the "world class" category. That to me is the likes of Iniesta, Pirlo, Robben, Rodriguez, yes even Bale and quite a few more. Still a good player and would be a cert to start in our team but world class for him sounds quite "Sky-ish".

Agree, a good EPL player but not world class - Bale is there world class act an injury to him and they would implode, still think Belgium will win that group.

This qualifying campaign is so annoying. Take a look at every other group and 3rd place is on the cards, look at ours and 4 into 3 doesn't ho.

Wales' group is so average, but fair play to them they're doing what they need to, so far. Also see Netherlands are lurking in a 3rd spot currently, not again.