Scotland Players In Action - Page 163 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not slating Griffiths but to compare him to Larsson is embarrassing!! The standard of SPL football nowadays bar one or two teams is abysmal.

you are right, he is not fit to lace Larsons boots, however he is Celtics fastest ever, to 50 , scorer.

Is the SPL really much worse than ten years ago.... it was poor then as well...

you are right, he is not fit to lace Larsons boots, however he is Celtics fastest ever, to 50 , scorer.

Is the SPL really much worse than ten years ago.... it was poor then as well.

There is no Rangers so an extra division 1 standard team to play against 4 times a season which is a great chance for goals.

Nonetheless, a great achievement by Griffiths. Bear in mind he was 3rd choice not so long ago and had to fight his way into the side - Larsson was always first pick.

Is the SPL really much worse than ten years ago.... it was poor then as well...

I would say bar La Liga and the Premiership every league is of a worse standard than 10 years ago.

I don't think it's much of an achievement tbh. Maybe I'm hard to please but it's soured by his inability to crack England and moving back up for an easy way out

Edited by radian_13

I would say bar La Liga and the Premiership every league is of a worse standard than 10 years ago.

I don't think it's much of an achievement tbh. Maybe I'm hard to please but it's soured by his inability to crack England and moving back up for an easy way out

He did pretty well at Wolves - I'm sure he will be back for a second go in England soon and with a much better pedigree behind him after his exploits at Celtic.

Any lower half EPL team will be looking at goalscorers like him at the moment I would expect; Swansea, Newcastle etc.

He did pretty well at Wolves - I'm sure he will be back for a second go in England soon and with a much better pedigree behind him after his exploits at Celtic.

Any lower half EPL team will be looking at goalscorers like him at the moment I would expect; Swansea, Newcastle etc.

Hope so, would like to see how he'd Do in EPL

Teirney MON again today.

I'm coming round to the idea of just throwing him right in at the deep end for the upcoming friendly matches.

If we did put Teirney straight in at left back, then I'd love to see Robertson played out on the wing where I think he'd be more effective.

Sadly doubt whether Strachan is brave enough to do that however.

Not suggesting he deserves a slot in the squad YET, but gms was brilliant today

Delighted to hear that. This time last year he looked to be our most exciting prospect, but things haven't gone to plan this season. Don't think strachan rates him but would be great if he could get his form back

Delighted to hear that. This time last year he looked to be our most exciting prospect, but things haven't gone to plan this season. Don't think strachan rates him but would be great if he could get his form back

Yeah i think hes a really good player on his day, just that hes too inconsistent and when hes out of form it takes him a while to find it again. Although in saying that if he can perform well consistently over a long period of time i really think hes more than capable of getting into the squad

Always felt he was over criticised over consistency, I thought his influence and match winning capabilities for united were immense. Its a lot harder for a winger to be consistent than a midfielder id say, as their game in effect is to beat their opponent and get quality crosses in which isn't easy to do time and time again but probably stands out more to fans. All said and done he's not done it so far for celtic though.

I'm coming round to the idea of just throwing him right in at the deep end for the upcoming friendly matches.

If we did put Teirney straight in at left back, then I'd love to see Robertson played out on the wing where I think he'd be more effective.

Sadly doubt whether Strachan is brave enough to do that however.

I'd play Robertson at left-back in one game and Tierney in the other.

I don't think Robertson at left-midfield is the answer. Fraser would be a much better option.

I'd play Robertson at left-back in one game and Tierney in the other.

I don't think Robertson at left-midfield is the answer. Fraser would be a much better option.

Robertson is probably our best crosser though, and his defensive qualities and pace should make us harder to beat. I like Fraser though and he should be in the squad for the next campaign. Tierney straight in at left back.