Project Stop The Jocks! - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Project Stop The Jocks!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible, worthy of thought even, that Scottish Labour have already given up on GE2015 and have already begun their campaign for Holyrood 2016?

Most if not all of their pronouncements seem to be on devolved issues.

I would have voted No in the referendum, but living in Germany, I couldn´t vote. I was gutted this morning to be sent a link containing this morning´s Sun- the English edition. I have always felt really proud to be both Scottish and British, yet today that article has made me seriously re-evaluate how I will vote in the General Election. The tone of that article- actually it was two articles, one by William Hague and one by Louise Mensch made me feel that after years of stating that we are a family of nations and it is best to stick together on that basis, the truth dawned. English politicians really do not care what we think and that is really bitter. If the SNP get 45% of the popular vote in Scotland and the other parties are serious about Scotland remaining part of the UK then the SNP cannot simply be ignored. I am prepared to give Westminster the lifetime of the next parliament to sort out the mess that it is currently in or I will be switching my vote for good and that includes in a future referendum on independence- if I have a vote.

I would have voted No in the referendum, but living in Germany, I couldn´t vote. I was gutted this morning to be sent a link containing this morning´s Sun- the English edition. I have always felt really proud to be both Scottish and British, yet today that article has made me seriously re-evaluate how I will vote in the General Election. The tone of that article- actually it was two articles, one by William Hague and one by Louise Mensch made me feel that after years of stating that we are a family of nations and it is best to stick together on that basis, the truth dawned. English politicians really do not care what we think and that is really bitter. If the SNP get 45% of the popular vote in Scotland and the other parties are serious about Scotland remaining part of the UK then the SNP cannot simply be ignored. I am prepared to give Westminster the lifetime of the next parliament to sort out the mess that it is currently in or I will be switching my vote for good and that includes in a future referendum on independence- if I have a vote.

is that a joke post

how can the truth only be dawning now

why would a further 5 years leeway be given also

are you on wind up

is that a joke post

are you on wind up

It´s not and I´m not. I am not one who goes around shouting for change, but in this case I do believe it is necessary. Much was made about how Scotland is an important part of the UK in the run up to the referendum. Labour and the Conservatives cannot have it both ways. If a substantial portion of Scots vote for the SNP then their voices should be heard too.

Fck the SNP.

The majority of the UK votes for right wing tossers, why should Scotland who votes differently get any say.

We are roughly 8% of the population, how dare we want to be different. ConLab tossers have won the right to be smug dismissive arrogant tossers, Scotland's voters gave them that right.

Edited by kumnio

is that a joke post

are you on wind up

No I don't think its a joke post at all and BTA is entitled to his opinion. I think the behaviour of many Unionist politicians since the Referendum has undermined a great deal of confidence in the promises they made from the Vow to the Smith Commission to Jim "I'll say whatever I need to to get into power" Murphy to the xenophobbia of the Tory right (Is there actually a word to describe hate/fear of Scots?). I'm not surprised that No voters are changing their mind although like Bino I wouldn't personally give them five years, I think the UK is already broken and beyond repair.

:-)) hell! This is getting more surreal by the day. It is just turning into a re-run of the referendum in the unionist papers, this appears to be the "lovebombing" stage.

Next week the companies and banks will be leaving again :wave:

No I don't think its a joke post at all and BTA is entitled to his opinion. I think the behaviour of many Unionist politicians since the Referendum has undermined a great deal of confidence in the promises they made from the Vow to the Smith Commission to Jim "I'll say whatever I need to to get into power" Murphy to the xenophobbia of the Tory right (Is there actually a word to describe hate/fear of Scots?). I'm not surprised that No voters are changing their mind although like Bino I wouldn't personally give them five years, I think the UK is already broken and beyond repair.

all these things have been apparent for years

Allan Massie - obviously Scotland's version of Max Hastings.

Had to laugh at all the 'English bulldog is beginning to snarl' nonsense. Cleary a person who is bricking it at the thought of a Nationalist juggernaut heading his way.

As PIAK says, no hint of irony in this piece. Clear forgetting (or probably just ignoring) the fact that Scotland consistently rejected Conservatism yet had our affairs dictated to us by Government for 18 years that we didn't vote for and loathed with a passion.

The boot is clearly on the other foot now, and they can't stomach it. No doubt the right-wing, metropolitan bastards from Surrey will no doubt be crying foul on the Comments bit sooner rather than later.

Nothing "right wing" about objecting to a party you were not able to vote for forming part of the UK Government - especially when said party are a bunch of a***holes who don't believe in the country they would be governing and would be doing everything in their power to bring it down from within. Makes perfect sense to me to be opposed to that nightmare scenario. If Labour entered into negotiations with the SNP to form a coalition in the event of a hung parliament I would be absolutely appalled.

Fortunately such a scenario is unlikely though because we No voters will be voting tactically to keep the SNP out.

I'd be absolutely terrified that if the SNP form part of the next government then chaos will very quickly follow. The English simply wouldn't tolerate it. The government would quickly collapse, another election would swiftly follow and I don't like to think about what might happen next.

Nothing "right wing" about objecting to a party you were not able to vote for forming part of the UK Government - especially when said party are a bunch of a***holes ....

Anything after that just loses currency.

Nothing "right wing" about objecting to a party you were not able to vote for forming part of the UK Government - especially when said party are a bunch of a***holes who don't believe in the country they would be governing and would be doing everything in their power to bring it down from within. Makes perfect sense to me to be opposed to that nightmare scenario. If Labour entered into negotiations with the SNP to form a coalition in the event of a hung parliament I would be absolutely appalled.

Fortunately such a scenario is unlikely though because we No voters will be voting tactically to keep the SNP out.

I'd be absolutely terrified that if the SNP form part of the next government then chaos will very quickly follow. The English simply wouldn't tolerate it. The government would quickly collapse, another election would swiftly follow and I don't like to think about what might happen next.

Magic isn't it? Its only democracy when it suits them..cannot wait.