Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 353 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Oh well, never mind. You'd think that Rangers fans would be apoplectic at this, but we're not. Perhaps because we are generally satisfied with his tenure so far and that questions like this are raised by others trying to artificially create a story. But I couldn't possibly comment on that.

To clarify (again), we REALLY don't want to get into squillions of debt again and, when we have spent money (approximately £3m on transfer fees plus ancillary costs to date - my approximation only), we have been criticised. T'was always thus. *shrugs*

So, I put it to you, tartandon (I surmise you are not a Rangers fan but appreciate that this is pure speculation on my part), what would you like The Glib and Shameless Liar (hiya Sheddy! ?) to do? Spend bazillions on players that we don't really need in one go, continue to upgrade the stadium, continue to incur legal fees fighting for an equitable marketing deal... what?

hiya wolfy! :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ShedTA said:

Lemmings was great. developed in Dundee you know.

Was it?  I knew that Dundee was a big player in the gaming industry in the past, but don't know of any specific games that were developed there.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Was it?  I knew that Dundee was a big player in the gaming industry in the past, but don't know of any specific games that were developed there.

yep DMA design I think. believe it was a boy who was at Dundee tech doing computer engineering. left the course early and developed lemmings. minted.

was then taken over and became part of rockstar north who do the GTA series.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

yep DMA design I think. believe it was a boy who was at Dundee tech doing computer engineering. left the course early and developed lemmings. minted.

was then taken over and became part of rockstar north who do the GTA series.

Just been googling Rockstar North, obviously know of them but assume they were American.  Never realised they were Dundee/Angus.

16 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Just been googling Rockstar North, obviously know of them but assume they were American.  Never realised they were Dundee/Angus.

yep they now have  a big office in Edinburgh. when the last GTA game came out they had a banner down the whole side of the building with one of the GTA characters on it.  but originally it was DMA from Dundee.

I think the parent company Rockstar are new York based though.

Guest BlueGaz
15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

just checked sales for lemmings. 15,000,000. incredible.

I still play it online from time to time, but its not the same. Had a more modern version on my phone for a while too but not as good.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I see bit of the Jock Stein stand blew off yesterday. 

Hard hats for my next trip to ibrox and Parkhead then......

Apparently Celtic are just changing the lettering, and a pesky Sevconian took a picture and photoshopped out the crane.  Well, that's Phil Mac Ghiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooola's explanation.

On 07/01/2017 at 9:44 PM, tartandon said:

Looks like old Phil has been wrong yet again. Toral has signed on loan till the end of the season despite our inability to even pay his living expenses according to Phil. 

As I said previously,  his apparent inside info is long gone and his ability to predict has failed him on pretty much everything since King took over. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Looks like old Phil has been wrong yet again. Toral has signed on loan till the end of the season despite our inability to even pay his living expenses according to Phil. 

As I said previously,  his apparent inside info is long gone and his ability to predict has failed him on pretty much everything since King took over. 

Most of his predictions are longer term RB. On those only time will tell. He did flag up the roof issue which hasn't gone away as yet has it?

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That's not what he said but carry on....

15 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Most of his predictions are longer term RB. On those only time will tell. He did flag up the roof issue which hasn't gone away as yet has it?

He made the roof issue up... The FOI requests have all came back saying that the roof is fine and there is a valid safety certificate on it until the end of the season. Do you really think that if the roof was in such a state where it posed a threat to public safety that the government, the council, health and safety, the police, the spfl and so on wouldn't do something about it rather than let 50k people turn up every other week and just hope for the best? They certainly know about the rumours from the attention it has had in the press, letters of 'concern' etc. that they have had from fans of other clubs. The only reason it is still hanging around is because people want to believe it, that doesn't make it true.

48 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

He made the roof issue up... The FOI requests have all came back saying that the roof is fine and there is a valid safety certificate on it until the end of the season. Do you really think that if the roof was in such a state where it posed a threat to public safety that the government, the council, health and safety, the police, the spfl and so on wouldn't do something about it rather than let 50k people turn up every other week and just hope for the best? They certainly know about the rumours from the attention it has had in the press, letters of 'concern' etc. that they have had from fans of other clubs. The only reason it is still hanging around is because people want to believe it, that doesn't make it true.

What would the government's role be in the roof/non-roof scenario?

34 minutes ago, Flure said:

What would the government's role be in the roof/non-roof scenario?

They have had a number of FOI requests about the condition of the roof. The government have investigated the situation after receiving the requests. If they found that there was something to be concerned about I am sure that they would pass on their concerns to the relevant parties rather than doing nothing.

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

No, no he doesn't. He says it will be a challenge. Inability? 

The entire article is written as "Rangers don't have a pot to piss in". 

The actions of the club are different to those expected by Phil. 

He's just wrong. 

I have no idea about the roof issue mentioned by other posters but from what is said he's made that up too. 

Is there any recent evidence of him getting anything correct? 

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

no wait a minute - he didn't make it up. its been widely reported that the roofs need attention. are the club not putting safety netting up to guard against bits falling on people? what isn't clear is the level of whats needed. and what he may have done is completely exaggerate the scale of the problem to suit his own agenda.

But as I say the scale of the problem wont be known until rangers start the job to fix whatever is wrong with the roofs.

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The entire article is written as "Rangers don't have a pot to piss in". 

The actions of the club are different to those expected by Phil. 

He's just wrong. 

I have no idea about the roof issue mentioned by other posters but from what is said he's made that up too. 

Is there any recent evidence of him getting anything correct? 

no idea but he did predict that your club would be liquidated. ;)

21 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

They have had a number of FOI requests about the condition of the roof. The government have investigated the situation after receiving the requests. If they found that there was something to be concerned about I am sure that they would pass on their concerns to the relevant parties rather than doing nothing.

The government have investigated the roof?
Do you have links to that?

5 minutes ago, Flure said:

The government have investigated the roof?
Do you have links to that?

Can you imagine the fall out if the SNP led government did any investigation into Ibrox which led to closure of the stand or a huge bill to fix it?:lol::lol: