Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 352 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, FuNsTeR said:

a fan of a sad parochial zombie club formed in 2012 slagging a fan of the oldest professional football club in Scotland ... what a moron

He grassed on me for that and I got a weeks ban. Be careful. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, FuNsTeR said:

a fan of a sad parochial zombie club formed in 2012 slagging a fan of the oldest professional football club in Scotland ... what a moron

Didn't realise length of existence of a club was a prerequisite for posting. Will bare that in mind in future chief. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

And a pleasant start to the year it has been too. 

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

What a joke. 

I remember ages ago Louch grassing on me for referring to Rangers fans as Huns. They really are a touchy lot. :lol:

Not sure what happened there - didn't intend to post. Anyway I guess most of the claims will only be verifiable in time -  we will see. Club seems to be doing ok at the moment but without big external funding it would still appear to be in trouble as still spending more than it should be.

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Not sure what happened there - didn't intend to post. Anyway I guess most of the claims will only be verifiable in time -  we will see. Club seems to be doing ok at the moment but without big external funding it would still appear to be in trouble as still spending more than it should be.

With the exception of Celtic most clubs are spending more than they should be. The issue here us how we a funding the shortfall. We don't have a credit line so its comiong from interest free loans from people who are committed to the long term future of the club. Our commercial deal with Ashley is a major issue. I would prefer we won nothing rather than put the club in the situation we found ourselves 4/5 years ago. I am not even sure I would support a share issue if the board could not provide a medium to long term plan that would illustrate where we want to be. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No one likes them but fcuk me they care. 

I couldn't give a flying f*ck, personally. Some folks REALLY want us to and often pretend that we live our lives with a permanent scowl and persecution complex. Some might, but they all post on Rangers Media so it's not surprising that you tend to come across them.

Guest BlueGaz
5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No one likes them but fcuk me they care. 

ahh, the minions return.  Hopefully the river and the turn can give me a royal flush.

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

With the exception of Celtic most clubs are spending more than they should be. The issue here us how we a funding the shortfall. We don't have a credit line so its comiong from interest free loans from people who are committed to the long term future of the club. Our commercial deal with Ashley is a major issue. I would prefer we won nothing rather than put the club in the situation we found ourselves 4/5 years ago. I am not even sure I would support a share issue if the board could not provide a medium to long term plan that would illustrate where we want to be. 

That's fair enough. Utd lived off soft loans from Eddie Thomson for years and it nearly killed us so not the way to go. Yours is the correct approach but will the support as a whole stomach that for long?

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

That's fair enough. Utd lived off soft loans from Eddie Thomson for years and it nearly killed us so not the way to go. Yours is the correct approach but will the support as a whole stomach that for long?

They have no option. Only a very vocal minority of halwits expect big spending at Ibrox. 

Every single Rangers supporter I know is happy with the current fiscal care.

We'll all be happier when the merchandise deal is sorted. 

48 minutes ago, tartandon said:

The King does seem rather reluctant to invest any of his rands.

Oh well, never mind. You'd think that Rangers fans would be apoplectic at this, but we're not. Perhaps because we are generally satisfied with his tenure so far and that questions like this are raised by others trying to artificially create a story. But I couldn't possibly comment on that.

To clarify (again), we REALLY don't want to get into squillions of debt again and, when we have spent money (approximately £3m on transfer fees plus ancillary costs to date - my approximation only), we have been criticised. T'was always thus. *shrugs*

So, I put it to you, tartandon (I surmise you are not a Rangers fan but appreciate that this is pure speculation on my part), what would you like The Glib and Shameless Liar (hiya Sheddy! ?) to do? Spend bazillions on players that we don't really need in one go, continue to upgrade the stadium, continue to incur legal fees fighting for an equitable marketing deal... what?

11 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

So, I put it to you, tartandon (I surmise you are not a Rangers fan but appreciate that this is pure speculation on my part), what would you like The Glib and Shameless Liar (hiya Sheddy! ?) to do? Spend bazillions on players that we don't really need in one go, continue to upgrade the stadium, continue to incur legal fees fighting for an equitable marketing deal... what?

Personally, I'm looking for some entertainment in the Sports Direct court Case. Some juicy revelations in the trial of the previous owner (the one with the 'off the radar wealth') would make me reach for the popcorn as well.

Any form of entertainment would be welcome given that your friends from across the city are romping the league this year.

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

He'd have been better off not making grand pronouncements about spending £30-50 million of his own money ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html ) in the first place. I appreciate that we can't go back in time though. I just like to point out how he's a habitual liar :) 

The number 1 task Rangers should be undertaking is being run sustainably. However they've decided to spend £1.8 million on Jo Garner and £20k a week on Joey Barton to show how big a club they are and to attempt to avoid the embarrassment of being no better than the diddy teams who a section of their fan base have spent 30 years attempting to lord it over.