Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 231 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Any idea what he's taking them to court over?

I see he's saying it's in Rangers best interests to repay him £5m of his loan, so that they'll get more control over their retail:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33083650

Surely King will want to give Ashley less influence? Will he stump up the cash?

Or are they going to look at other ways of red

Any idea what he's taking them to court over?

I see he's saying it's in Rangers best interests to repay him £5m of his loan, so that they'll get more control over their retail:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33083650

Surely King will want to give Ashley less influence? Will he stump up the cash?

Or are they going to look at other ways of red

I think they're looking at other ways of red.

will it not be over Kings comments that Ashleys loan isn't really a loan and they don't have to pay it back?

or could it be over King deliberately driving down the share price and then delisting them. No NOMAD etc,?

will it not be over Kings comments that Ashleys loan isn't really a loan and they don't have to pay it back?

or could it be over King deliberately driving down the share price and then delisting them. No NOMAD etc,?

I think it's more likely to be the latter.

What is it about loans King just doesn't seem to understand? He previously had this to say about Easdale:

“As part restitution he should make the £500,000 a donation rather than a loan.”

The WATP attitude never fails to amaze.

What is it about loans King just doesn't seem to understand? He previously had this to say about Easdale:

“As part restitution he should make the £500,000 a donation rather than a loan.”

The WATP attitude never fails to amaze.

Its been going on for a while Kenneth. See the EBT shenanigans. They never intended to pay them back either.

jeeso.... surely to a BILLIONAIRE, £5M is nothing, especially if it gives the club the return of a huge income stream ?????

its almost like he has no intention of pouring even a penny of his own money into the club !!!! as if that could ever happen... :blink:

So it appears the court case was over none of this, just an injunction to stopped real details of the Sports Direct deal with the old board being made public.

It's almost like Mike Ashley has something to hide.

Those painting Dave King to be the bad guy maybe need to realise it's not all black and white (note spelling!). Ashley is an untrustworthy snake too.

jeeso.... surely to a BILLIONAIRE, £5M is nothing, especially if it gives the club the return of a huge income stream ?????

its almost like he has no intention of pouring even a penny of his own money into the club !!!! as if that could ever happen... :blink:

I don't think it makes that much difference to the income stream. Control of RRL would revert back to Rangers but the onerous contracts within would still be hugely in Ashley's favour. I assume when the loan was signed off there would have been terms and conditions around the repayment. As long as Rangers are not in breach of those then I don't see why the should repay it early, especially when there are other areas that require more urgent funding.