Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 233 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Not signed on the dotted line yet. Hopefully they will though as I don't want McCall.

I'm the opposite. I want McCall to get the job.

When does Super Sally's contract end?

Who is bigging this appointment up?... lets wait and see how it goes.

People hear what they want to hear. I haven't seen anyone bigging it up. We are well aware it's a bit of a gamble, as is any managerial appointment. But it's nice to see us thinking outside the box and I think this is the right time to do that.

Errrr pretty much all the Huns I know....'look at what he did at Brentford' etc etc.

Your denial know no bounds Eddard.

Maybe it's just nice to have an actual manager in place with a plan for the future?

Papers reporting its a £1.5m over 3 years deal. so not cheap either.

That's crazy money - I doubt anyone apart from Dhelia will be getting that money in Scotland - 1st 500 of your crowd walking int he door are paying managers salary

That's crazy money - I doubt anyone apart from Dhelia will be getting that money in Scotland - 1st 500 of your crowd walking int he door are paying managers salary

I'm sure he could get far bigger salaries down south. I think this is relatively cheap based on his current profile.

Obviously for Scotland it's very expensive however he is being asked to completely build a set up to bring the youth players into Murray Park and then improve them to the point we can play them or sell them on.

Quite a big role really.

I'm sure he could get far bigger salaries down south. I think this is relatively cheap based on his current profile.

Obviously for Scotland it's very expensive however he is being asked to completely build a set up to bring the youth players into Murray Park and then improve them to the point we can play them or sell them on.

Quite a big role really.

I'm not convinced he would - he only has 1.5 years experience in his own right as a manager - 8 years experience all told in coaching

£500K a year - you could have got Michael Laudrup for that - that was his Swansea wage

Rangers are paying English Premiership wages here -

League 1 average is £75K here - Nigel CLough was on £200K @ Derby

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811433/League-One-Two-managers-earn-average-62-500-year.html

I thought this sounded a good appointment - having doubts now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warburton

Personal life[edit]

While at Enfield, Warburton became a trader in London and also worked in the United States.[6][13] Looking back in 2014 on his time in the City, he said "I was a currency dealer for the likes of Bank of America, AIGand RBS. I was getting up at 4:32 for 20-odd years, leave the house at 4:52, get the 5:02 train into Liverpool Street, at my desk at 5:45, getting home at 7 pm and take phone calls through the night, orders from New York City. I was well paid, good at what I did. There was a lot of risk, a lot of pressure. My personal turnover would be £1.5 billion to £2 billion a day".[8] Warburton cites parallels between trading and football management, including teamwork, communication, competition and man management.[95] Warburton is married to Liz and his son,[8] Jack, was a youth player at Watford and Leicester City, before moving to Canadato play for USL Premier Development League side K-W United.[96][97] He signed a six-month deal with Brentford's Development Squad in January 2015 and also represented Northern Ireland at U16 and U17level.[98][99][100]

People hear what they want to hear. I haven't seen anyone bigging it up. We are well aware it's a bit of a gamble, as is any managerial appointment. But it's nice to see us thinking outside the box and I think this is the right time to do that.

Would've been better to do it three seasons ago. That's not hindsight either, plenty of people were saying it at the time, both rangers supporters and not

Would've been better to do it three seasons ago. That's not hindsight either, plenty of people were saying it at the time, both rangers supporters and not

True, but as we all know now 3 years ago was feck all to do with rebuilding the club.

It was all about Charles Green making money.

It's definitely not hindsight mate.....but there was a HUGE percentage of our fans that thought it was all fantastic stuff and the irresponsible spending was simply brushed over.

We missed a huge trick 3 years ago, no doubt about it. That's why the new man has such a big job ahead of him.

It's definitely not hindsight mate.....but there was a HUGE percentage of our fans that thought it was all fantastic stuff and the irresponsible spending was simply brushed over.

We missed a huge trick 3 years ago, no doubt about it. That's why the new man has such a big job ahead of him.

Ach, Hearts turned their youth team into their first team in six months, how hard can it be?

And, we'll sell you Charlie Telfer back for £1m if it helps?

Edited by adamntg

Ach, Hearts turned their youth team into their first team in six months, how hard can it be?

And, we'll sell you Charlie Telfer back for £1m if it helps?

Actually Hearts didn't really do that. They played the youngsters while going down from the Premiership but pulled in a pile of experienced journeymen for the Championship.

Have a look at their first team from last season and you'd be surprised how few youngsters were regulars in the team.