Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 193 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

didn't king say he had a nomad lined up and ready to appoint and that they were in the process of carrying out due diligence?

tax cheat telling lies,no surprise

He did say that and according to the report on the BBC he did have one. They had a due diligence process to complete (since they appear to be professional and above board) but something has come out meaning they didn't want to proceed.

Apparently the next thing is to look at listing the shares on a different exchange, where Arsenal shares are apparently listed.

dont think it's as simple as that just listing on an alternative exchange,they have terms and conditions and if it's the exchange that's doing the rounds(name escapes me) one of the T& C to be listed is having 12 months working capital,Rangers meet that criteria?

interestingly enough prior to king there was a nomad in place and happy to continue but reigned the minute king got in or was getting in the door so murray blaming the previous regime for them not being able to secure a nomad is laughable

Edited by Langtonian

He did say that and according to the report on the BBC he did have one. They had a due diligence process to complete (since they appear to be professional and above board) but something has come out meaning they didn't want to proceed.

Apparently the next thing is to look at listing the shares on a different exchange, where Arsenal shares are apparently listed.

Surely the thing to concern yourself with is why it failed due diligence...

Surely the thing to concern yourself with is why it failed due diligence...

It is only one of many things I'm concerned about. I've said quite a few times on here that I'm not a fan of King. I don't trust him but he is in now and we have to work with what we've got just now.

by advising fans not to buy the season books he deflates the share price. He then tells a few porkies to get the majority onboard and force an EGM to vote him in, he then delists the company.

is that allowed? Won't the other shareholders be pissed?

by advising fans not to buy the season books he deflates the share price. He then tells a few porkies to get the majority onboard and force an EGM to vote him in, he then delists the company.

is that allowed? Won't the other shareholders be pissed?

The share haven't necessarily been devalued, larger companies than Rangers have delisted in the past.

omnishambles

As Phil MacGob has written on his blog for individual shareholder investors to inject money without there being a full rights issue requires shareholder approval and they have tried and failed to get it twice now at least. It keeps getting voted down.

So until they can (which is far from certain) it will be emergency loans.

It is a bit off having an IPO and then letting your shares get de-listed a few short years later leaving all the folk who invested ed to semi####ed. Poor show. Who was that poster recommending we buy their shares a few weels back? I hope no one was foolish enough to do so because they will have a hard job getting rid of them anytime soon.

That was me and I referred to the period up until the agm. If you had bought shares you would have made over 10% profit from my post until the agm.

Statement from Rangers First

http://www.rangersfirst.org/rangers-first-statement/

Rangers First shares the Rangers Board’s disappointment that shares in RIFC PLC will no longer be listed on the AIM market and we appreciate that whether or not an AIM listing was maintained was never in the new directors’ gift. As the Club’s earlier statement highlighted, the delisting is simply the result of well documented failings in corporate governance and management of those who previously controlled the Company.

In addition, we note positively that an alternative listing is being sought and that an immediate solution has already been put in place from Tuesday that will allow buying and selling of RIFC PLC shares.
All members of Rangers First are asked to note the following.
Whether RIFC shares are listed on the AIM or any alternate public market, listing or delisting has no material impact on www.rangersfirst.org and the shares we already own. (RF is presently the 10th largest shareholder)
Rangers First will still be able to buy further shares and in particular when a new share issue is made we will seek to take up our pro rata rights and indeed as many excess shares as we can afford in order to increase our shareholding to our first target of 5%.
Rangers First welcome the fact that limited share trading will be possible from Tuesday 7th April when the markets open after the Easter break and we will explore whatever opportunities there may be to further increase our shareholding in RIFC at that time.
We hope that the RIFC board will be successful in achieving an ISDX listing (or indeed another alternative) to secure a public listing for RIFC plc shares as soon as possible.
Rangers First still fundamentally believe that obtaining as large a shareholding in the PLC as possible for Rangers First and controlled by our members provides the best stable platform going forward for the club we all love.
So as we continue to grow our shareholding we ask that you continue to get your friends and fellow Bears to join with you as a member of the UK’s largest Fan group at www.rangersfirst.org

Edited by EddardStark

There's no doubt that losing the AIM listing is a big blow to the credibility of the new board. The board statement doesn't clearly state that, at the time of kings statement, a nomad had agreed to be appointed subject to further due diligence. Would like the board to clarify this.

I don't think the consequences are the end of the world but it obviously makes the shares less accessible. In some respects, this may be good I suppose.

There's no doubt that losing the AIM listing is a big blow to the credibility of the new board. The board statement doesn't clearly state that, at the time of kings statement, a nomad had agreed to be appointed subject to further due diligence. Would like the board to clarify this.

I don't think the consequences are the end of the world but it obviously makes the shares less accessible. In some respects, this may be good I suppose.

See Paul Murray's statement on the Rangers website.

It describes the process undertaken but not what stopped the nomad proceeding. Implies it was the old boards fault without saying that outright.

See Paul Murray's statement on the Rangers website.

It describes the process undertaken but not what stopped the nomad proceeding. Implies it was the old boards fault without saying that outright.

Surely king would have been aware of these issues when he made his statement regarding the nomad though?

Surely king would have been aware of these issues when he made his statement regarding the nomad though?

Aye, it's almost like he's a lying b'stard. Who'da thunk it.