Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 189 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

This close season will be make or break for the Newcastle fans/Ashley relationship. He has to appoint a manager. If its John Carver on a permanent deal then there will be open revolt from the fans. If he does appoint another person as manager (Steve McClaren now rumoured) then that manager will want to spend money, something Ashley tends to not like doing. But who would agree to manage them without a decent transfer budget?

You are assuming that Ashley actually cares what his relationship with the fans is. The BPL gets so much money thrown at it by SKY/BT, that the fans are an irrelevance financially.

Statement released today by Paul Murray in relation to the accounts. States that the plan is to have Rangers "back where they were" by 2022 so certainly seems to acknowledge it won't be an overnight turnaround. Goes on to mention that talks regarding funding are advancing well and they hope to be able to move away from the crisis loan culture that the club has had over the last few years.

Again, they seem to be making the right noises, and without all the guff and bluster of previous regimes, but only time will tell I suppose.

In this day & age, running a club at a healthy profit has to be applauded.

Ashley's the sort of owner any fan would want surely?

Would you want him in charge at Celtic then? No money spent in 18 months on players, no manager and no ambition?

The financial stuff is just about ok but it seems the club can afford more than is being done.

Statement released today by Paul Murray in relation to the accounts. States that the plan is to have Rangers "back where they were" by 2022 so certainly seems to acknowledge it won't be an overnight turnaround. Goes on to mention that talks regarding funding are advancing well and they hope to be able to move away from the crisis loan culture that the club has had over the last few years.

Again, they seem to be making the right noises, and without all the guff and bluster of previous regimes, but only time will tell I suppose.

Well, judge a man by what he does and all that, but this now seems to be a steadier approach than has been seen before.

2022 is a long time away (he says, stating the obvious) so they're not promising jam this time tomorrow.

Well, judge a man by what he does and all that, but this now seems to be a steadier approach than has been seen before.

2022 is a long time away (he says, stating the obvious) so they're not promising jam this time tomorrow.

It's the club's (not the company's....) 150th anniversary as well as the 50th anniversary of Barcelona so I suppose it's quite a significant year and gives them plenty of time to get it right....

Would you want him in charge at Celtic then? No money spent in 18 months on players, no manager and no ambition?

The financial stuff is just about ok but it seems the club can afford more than is being done.

To be fair, circumstances are entirely different down there.

In the EPL, all that matters is finishing in the top 4 & avoiding the bottom 3. Newcastle aren't going to win the league & troubling the top 4 will cost a lot of money. They aren't going to go down & they don't want to finish in a Europa League spot.

Finishing about 10th is about as good as it's going to get for them.

It's the club's (not the company's....) 150th anniversary as well as the 50th anniversary of Barcelona so I suppose it's quite a significant year and gives them plenty of time to get it right....

I was midway through typing a reply about your ignorance of the history of FCB, when I realised to what you were referring :blush:

I was midway through typing a reply about your ignorance of the history of FCB, when I realised to what you were referring :blush:

I thought of that as I was typing and was going to elaborate then thought surely nobody will be that daft....

Edited by Fairbairn

In this day & age, running a club at a healthy profit has to be applauded.

Ashley's the sort of owner any fan would want surely?

Hmmm..unless it involves selling your two best players mid way through the season and leads to a subsequent collapse of said season...? Edited by ShedTA

To be fair, circumstances are entirely different down there.

In the EPL, all that matters is finishing in the top 4 & avoiding the bottom 3. Newcastle aren't going to win the league & troubling the top 4 will cost a lot of money. They aren't going to go down & they don't want to finish in a Europa League spot.

Finishing about 10th is about as good as it's going to get for them.

Why would they not want a Europa League spot? That's the next step if the club is to progress, surely?

I think the non-Rangers fans on here are blinkered in their praise of Ashley. He does bring a certain stability but no ambition and no interest in the football quality.

He also tells the fans nothing which is only slightly better than constant BS in my opinion. Not someone I'd trust in the long term if things went wrong on the pitch.

So Ashley loans Newcastle 129m and then reaps a 10m to 20m "dividend" every season as long as they stay in the EPL?

And people still say it's an interest free loan?

No wonder the Geordies hate him. He's parked their club in mid table with no intention on bigger success due to the level of investment required. They have nothing to hope for and no future progression.

Did he pay himself a dividend? Has he ever paid himself a dividend? I don't know and I suspect neither do you but I am betting no has not.

Honestly do you think Ashley should lose money in order to buy some success for Newcastle Fans to revel in? Why? This is the exact thinking that ed RFC 1899. Many many RFC fans think an owner is someone who just blows millions and millions of their own money so the fans can strut like peacocks in their triumphalist fantasies. It creates an impossible situation for anyone running your club. You consider anyone making a profit as a thief almost, stealing from the club.

I feared Ashley as your owner, I am so glad you hate him.

The analogy I would use is that of an alcoholic.

In RFC's case the buzz is an addiction to success and the booze that delivers it is overspending.

This addiction to success caused RFC 1899 to die. It required a full body transplant to 'carry on'.

And now like a 'reformed' Alcoholic RFC 2012 with a new body is back on the streets.

But has the addiction gone, the desire to experience success no matter what the cost, has it gone.

No it has not and it is just a question of time before RFC 2012 like the alkie uses up its new body and once again need another transplant and or transfusion to stave of death yet again. On and on like some vampire club requiring the blood of new investors to sustain it...

FFS spend within your means. The Scottish game would improve immeasurably if you did you carzy hun kunts. :ok:

Did he pay himself a dividend? Has he ever paid himself a dividend? I don't know and I suspect neither do you but I am betting no has not.

Honestly do you think Ashley should lose money in order to buy some success for Newcastle Fans to revel in? Why? This is the exact thinking that ed RFC 1899. Many many RFC fans think an owner is someone who just blows millions and millions of their own money so the fans can strut like peacocks in their triumphalist fantasies. It creates an impossible situation for anyone running your club. You consider anyone making a profit as a thief almost, stealing from the club.

He's walked away from dividends at Sports Direct but that was because of shareholder revolt, however he did sell 3% of of Sports Direct shareholding (he still owns 53% of the company) in January and trousered £114 million.

I didn't say he should make a loss. Newcastle could have spent another 15m this season and made a profit. They may also have done better in the league etc.

I also don't hate him. I don't know him. You really need to stop making stuff up.

I have severe doubts about his intention for Rangers. I can't see him investing much and with the previous board in place the money he did provide was pissed against the wall, as far as Rangers are concerned. He loaned us money so that we could pay him it back for non-existent players FFS! Even you can work out that's a neat con trick.

Newcastle spent about £35m bringin in new players at the start of this season. Took in £12m from selling Debuchy to Arsenal.