Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

fit and proper person?

so accept anyone?

hes had numerous opportunities to get his neb in,why now?

He couldn't get involved back at the "start" due to his issues in SA. He has tried several times since then and been ignored by the current board. He now seems to have garnered enough support from within the board and other institutional investors that he's able to proceed.

Obviously the issues in SA that I mentioned are a massive red flag and cause concern however to answer your question about accepting anyone, what choice do we have? The club is being driven in to the ground and will cease to exist shortly (please spare me the "it already has" pish or the likes) so we more or less do need to accept investment wherever it comes from. At least on this occasion it seems to be coming from "Rangers Men" (Murray and Latham too) who seem intent on doing the right thing. While I don't see this as an ideal solution it as least seems to be a step in the right direction, or at least a step away from the wrong direction.

At the moment there are literally no alternatives. He at least seems to have the best interests of the club at heart. Certainly more so than those currently in situ.

Well there is Mike Ashley who isn't a convicted felon. I agree that you are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea though

Well there is Mike Ashley who isn't a convicted felon. I agree that you are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea though

If it's a straight choice between Ashley and King then I'll take King every day of the week, baggage and all. It's not even close. And that's taking Ashley's off the radar wealth in to consideration...

If it's a straight choice between Ashley and King then I'll take King every day of the week, baggage and all. It's not even close. And that's taking Ashley's off the radar wealth in to consideration...

I find that comment baffling.

You'd rather a convicted tax-cheat who's never ran a football club, to a guy who runs a financially stable football club?

You'd rather a convicted tax-cheat who's never ran a football club, to a guy who runs a financially stable football club?

From what I can see Ashley's sole intention seems to be to strip as much cash out of the club as he can with little regard for anything else. Things like having the naming rights of the stadium and trying to get ownership of the club crest mark him out as similar to Green to me.

I also think King's eventual intention is to hand over to some sort of fan owned model which I'm behind.

Incredible statement from Fairbairn.

Ashley is derided by Toon fans but the truth is he runs a bloody good ship and the fans have for some reason a huge expectation to be competing at a higher standard than they currently are.......that is something that has happened once over the last 50 years of their history. :blink:

Ashley is derided by Toon fans but the truth is he runs a bloody good ship and the fans have for some reason a huge expectation to be competing at a higher standard than they currently are.......that is something that has happened once over the last 50 years of their history. :blink:

Fair points but Ashley CAN'T own Rangers as he's not allowed to whilst owning Newcastle. So he wants control but not ownership. Cake and eat it scenario where if things go wrong he has little or no risk.

If King allied to him then it may make Ashley more palatable to the support and make him a few quid in the process.

Nothing baffling about it. They don't give a shit about who King is or what he's done.

All the bears want is someone coming in & giving them a stack of money to dominate Celtic again. That's the bottom line.

He's promised them a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow & that'll all that matters.

Nothing baffling about it. They don't give a shit about who King is or what he's done.

All the bears want is someone coming in & giving them a stack of money to dominate Celtic again. That's the bottom line.

He's promised them a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow & that'll all that matters.

Aye that's all we want, having said that we wouldn't need that much money to dominate Celtic as the Accies proved.

Fair points but Ashley CAN'T own Rangers as he's not allowed to whilst owning Newcastle. So he wants control but not ownership. Cake and eat it scenario where if things go wrong he has little or no risk.

If King allied to him then it may make Ashley more palatable to the support and make him a few quid in the process.

surely there is no way that rangers could say that King is a 'fit and proper person' given his convictions and so he couldn't own rangers either could he?

With the amount of money Celtic have stockpiled over the last few years through CL revenue and transfer income it will be at least a decade before we would even be capable of challenging at the top half of the league. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. With Ally in charge we could still be playing in the lower league for the next 10 years never mind the top league.

Thanks for completely ignoring the point where I said absolutely none of the above and mentioned him planning to have fan ownership. At the moment I couldn't give a flying badger if Celtic go on to win the league 100 times in a row. If I still have a club to support and go and watch in 10 years time I'll be happy with that.

Edited by Fairbairn

Thanks for completely ignoring the point where I said absolutely none of the above and mentioned him planning to have fan ownership. At the moment I couldn't give a flying badger if Celtic go on to win the league 100 times in a row. If I still have a club to support and go and watch in 10 years time I'll be happy with that.

Let's just say you guys get promoted this season. How long do you think living within means / being well run will be accepted if it means playing second fiddle (or worse) to Celtic?

You know as well as I do the majority of bears aren't going to be able to live with that.

Whoever promises to bankroll the bears will be welcomed with open arms.

Edited by Kenneth Farrington

If RFC do stumble again...what do you think all this goodwill they have accumulated, post liquidation, will result in? The other teams let them live on last time... but next time? I'll answer it for you. If you fall again they will exterminate you without hesitation.

If RFC do stumble again...what do you think all this goodwill they have accumulated, post liquidation, will result in? The other teams let them live on last time... but next time? I'll answer it for you. If you fall again they will exterminate you without hesitation.

So much anger

If press reports are to be believed, Ashley bought naming rights over stadium for £1, is trying to get rights to rangers' ip in exchange for a loan, has a ridiculously good deal regarding retail, etc.

Hardly the actions of a man with rangers' best interests at heart. Of course, to a lesser extent, David Murray did the same thing but never so brazenly or to such detriment to rangers.