Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

This idea seems to be getting spoken about a lot. But it's a pile of Bollox since you can't advertise in champs league games unless you are Gasprom or MasterCard or such like. Uefa don't allow any other advertising. Unless if course Ashley changes the team or stadium name.

Plus you actually have to qualify first. This means winning the SPL and then going through 2-3 qualifying rounds as a non-seeded club.

This idea seems to be getting spoken about a lot. But it's a pile of Bollox since you can't advertise in champs league games unless you are Gasprom or MasterCard or such like. Uefa don't allow any other advertising. Unless if course Ashley changes the team or stadium name.

The commentators call Arsenal's Stadium the Emirates.

. Ibrox will be renamed to whatever Ashley wants it to be and commentators will call it such..

The commentators call Arsenal's Stadium the Emirates.

. Ibrox will be renamed to whatever Ashley wants it to be and commentators will call it such..

Aye cos that worked with St James' Park. Arsenal's stadium has been The Emirates since it opened. Ibrox has been Ibrox for 140 years, the new name wouldn't stick.

Aye cos that worked with St James' Park. Arsenal's stadium has been The Emirates since it opened. Ibrox has been Ibrox for 140 years, the new name wouldn't stick.

They've renamed Ravenhill (where Ulster play Rugby) the Kingspan Stadium. I have yet to hear anyone say 'are you going to the Kingspan stadium on Saturday'. If any business man is daft enough to pay millions, or in Ashley's case £1, to have a stadium named after their company then more fool them IMO.

Mr Ashley is going to make quite a bit of money out of this.

He already holds the merchandising and the stadium naming rights.

His next move will be to once more try and get the IP from Chuck Green. For all the bluster coming from the Rangers fans, I thought more of them would be outraged that Green owns the club crest and charges the club a licence fee to use it.

With the new CEO and Finance Director both being Ashley picks, any future commercial deals will be heading in the direction of Sports Direct.

Ashley has shown at Newcastle that he isn't going to throw good money after bad or 'speculate to accumulate'.

If the £2m isn't enough working capital to prevent administration then Mr Ashley will walk away with quite a few assets. He may well even offer a further loan if it means that it gets secured against Murray Park or Ibrox

Mr Ashley is going to make quite a bit of money out of this.

He already holds the merchandising and the stadium naming rights.

His next move will be to once more try and get the IP from Chuck Green. For all the bluster coming from the Rangers fans, I thought more of them would be outraged that Green owns the club crest and charges the club a licence fee to use it.

With the new CEO and Finance Director both being Ashley picks, any future commercial deals will be heading in the direction of Sports Direct.

Ashley has shown at Newcastle that he isn't going to throw good money after bad or 'speculate to accumulate'.

If the £2m isn't enough working capital to prevent administration then Mr Ashley will walk away with quite a few assets. He may well even offer a further loan if it means that it gets secured against Murray Park or Ibrox

Where has the bit in bold been reported!? I haven't seen that!

This idea seems to be getting spoken about a lot. But it's a pile of Bollox since you can't advertise in champs league games unless you are Gasprom or MasterCard or such like. Uefa don't allow any other advertising. Unless if course Ashley changes the team or stadium name. ?

Sports Direct FC? I like it :D

Edited by redstevie007

Aye, i think they'll win too. I think St Johnstone have lost 5 of their last 6 league games.

Hearts and Hibs both pumped us at home this season. Overall we have a woeful record in the cups under McCoist. I'm not overly confident and think the guts of 4/1 for St Johnston is a cracking price. I also don't expect it to be a particularly entertaining game.

This idea seems to be getting spoken about a lot. But it's a pile of Bollox since you can't advertise in champs league games unless you are Gasprom or MasterCard or such like. Uefa don't allow any other advertising. Unless if course Ashley changes the team or stadium name. ?

This is true.

Bayern play Bundesliga games at the 'Alliance Arena' and European Games at the 'Fusball Stadion Munchen'. It's the same stadium.

I'm pretty sure the Champions League Final was played at the 'Munich Arena' a couple years back.

I'm pretty sure 'Red Bull Salzburg' don't play in any UEFA Competition.

bit of a poor choice of advertising at the side of the pitch today.

"Its not your seat its your legacy"

One of my friends has said he will never go back to ibrox after the administration a few years ago caused all the debenture seats to be lost which was something that was passed down to him from his grandfather that had been a big deal for both of them.

fans need to grow a set and starve this regime out. Those who turn up for a sat afternoon out and think everything will work itself out are utterly deluded

Well if you have a season ticket then you may as well go. They already have your money.

Have The Rangers paid back the last loans they got which were overdue for payment, and were these loans not also given

against the Albion car park and Edmiston house?

Loans were repaid from the most recent share issue. I don't think they were ever overdue for payment.