Series Worth Watching - Page 94 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 10:28 AM, Fairbairn said:

First season of White Lotus was pretty good.  Second one not so much although it is improving as it goes on.

I really enjoyed the first series. Second a little less due to a certain omission , but it was a grower .  

New Series of Inside No9 starts tonight - well its the 2nd episode of series 8 which started at Christmas

Guest stars Phil Daniels and Anita Dobson

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And neither did that. So, the spoiler thing doesn’t work on mobile! 

😂 so did you spoil it for anyone who happened to read the thread during that wee window of opportunity ?
Or was it a complete flop ? 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 so did you spoil it for anyone who happened to read the thread during that wee window of opportunity ?
Or was it a complete flop ? 

I'm hoping I was quick enough!  Just tried it on the laptop and it didn't work either so I give in!

Edited by Fairbairn

• 2 weeks later...

Another 2 shows not to watch.

The Diplomat - I  lasted 30 minutes. Utter shite. 

The Night Agent - for some reason I kept going with this.  I have just finished episode 8 and have lost the will to live.Still another 2 to go. Talk about stretching things out. Its  a run of the mill American hero type show with the obligatory beautiful couple in lead roles. Bad acting and  forgettable plot. 

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The Night Agent - for some reason I kept going with this.  I have just finished episode 8 and have lost the will to live.Still another 2 to go. Talk about stretching things out. Its  a run of the mill American hero type show with the obligatory beautiful couple in lead roles. Bad acting and  forgettable plot. 

I didn't mind The Night Agent.  It's normally the type of thing that I'd get fed up with for the reasons you mentioned but for some reason I managed to stick with it.

Late to the party but we've just started Succession and it's fantastic.  Every single character is an utter arsehole but each one is played brilliantly and it's very watchable.  We're about 2/3 of the way through the first season and thoroughly enjoying it.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I didn't mind The Night Agent.  It's normally the type of thing that I'd get fed up with for the reasons you mentioned but for some reason I managed to stick with it.

Late to the party but we've just started Succession and it's fantastic.  Every single character is an utter arsehole but each one is played brilliantly and it's very watchable.  We're about 2/3 of the way through the first season and thoroughly enjoying it.

If there wasnt so many good shows these days the The Night Agent would probably be watchable but I just find it far too American ‘samey’. And I feel a lot of the acting is  bad. 

Succession on the other hand is brilliant. I watched it a while back so am watching the current series weekly. Its really hard to pick out any of the characters because as you say they are all great. But in particular I find  Roman, Tom and Gregg hilarious .The script is fantastic,  they are so fookin horrible 😂 And Brian Cox is brilliant too. There is an episode called ‘Dundee’  in the earlier seasons  when they come to Scotland. Not sure if its the first series but its very funny. 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, TDYER63 said:

There’s a UK “The Diplomat” on the go.

It’s equally naff.

No need to thank me.

On 5/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, TDYER63 said:

Oh, and  “The Diplomat” (US Version) - now that I think about it - wasn’t THAT bad. And I didn’t see the conclusion coming.