Series Worth Watching - Page 89 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Michelle Gomez is only in there as she is married to Jack Davenport who I had a huge crush on back in the 90’s  when he was in my favourite TV show ‘This Life’. ( see how I am keeping this thread on track)  I was thinking I may get a wee bit of info on him  from her 😁

Frankie Boyle and Gordon Ramsay would cause chaos. I would just love to watch Frankie Boyle rip into Ruth Davidson he would devour her. Which he might actually need to as I doubt any of them would win enough stars for food. 

How is your knee/ leg doing now ? 

I have nae idea who he is either haha, im pretty hopeless with famous folk in general. 

Aye that would be some pairing.

It's getting there slowly, im now down to no crutches and just the brace. I've to wear it until just before xmas then it's just a case of physio and getting strength and proper movement back. My physio appointment got cancelled last week which was a bit annoying so I've been training myself to use the stairs properly again which can be a bit sore. 

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

I have nae idea who he is either haha, im pretty hopeless with famous folk in general. 

Aye that would be some pairing.

It's getting there slowly, im now down to no crutches and just the brace. I've to wear it until just before xmas then it's just a case of physio and getting strength and proper movement back. My physio appointment got cancelled last week which was a bit annoying so I've been training myself to use the stairs properly again which can be a bit sore. 

You probably dont know him as you would have been watching Pokemon or something similar at that time,  I think you are a fair bit younger than me 😁

Glad you are on the mend but it sounds a bit of a slog. Good on you for continuing with the training yourself, its very easy to get fed up when there is a long rehabilitation. 
Dont be overdoing the xmas dancing when you shake off that brace  ! 🕺It was my xmas works party last night and one of my colleagues slid along the dance floor , right into another colleague taking her, and her chair , out in the process. The chair ended up in 3 parts. He had a vasectomy only a few days ago, he didn’t look so good afterwards but it was the funniest thing I have seen in years 😁

On 12/2/2022 at 6:20 AM, bonzo said:

Taskmaster, thoroughly enjoyed this series (as I have all of them)funniest program on telly.

It is an absolutely brilliant program. Pure daftness. The contestants all look like they really enjoy themselves, even when they are making a total arse of themselves. 

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

You probably dont know him as you would have been watching Pokemon or something similar at that time,  I think you are a fair bit younger than me 😁

Glad you are on the mend but it sounds a bit of a slog. Good on you for continuing with the training yourself, its very easy to get fed up when there is a long rehabilitation. 
Dont be overdoing the xmas dancing when you shake off that brace  ! 🕺It was my xmas works party last night and one of my colleagues slid along the dance floor , right into another colleague taking her, and her chair , out in the process. The chair ended up in 3 parts. He had a vasectomy only a few days ago, he didn’t look so good afterwards but it was the funniest thing I have seen in years 😁

Haha I'm 33 and can safely say I never watched pokemon, hated that nonsense.

Aye it's slow at times but at least i can drive my parents automatics now so got a bit more independence. Just trying not to overdo it too much as you say. Ha ha sounds like a good night, he should have known better though. 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, Orraloon said:

It is an absolutely brilliant program. Pure daftness. The contestants all look like they really enjoy themselves, even when they are making a total arse of themselves. 

Meh. One mans pure daftness is another mans utter rubbish 🙂

On 12/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, Kirk said:

Haha I'm 33 and can safely say I never watched pokemon, hated that nonsense.

Aye it's slow at times but at least i can drive my parents automatics now so got a bit more independence. Just trying not to overdo it too much as you say. Ha ha sounds like a good night, he should have known better though. 

33 ? You are even younger than I thought. I will need to watch my language you are only 2 years older than my daughter 😁

Did you have a Power Rangers school bag too ? 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

33 ? You are even younger than I thought. I will need to watch my language you are only 2 years older than my daughter 😁

Haha  34 in January if that improves things. Im not sure,I'd imagine I probably did as I had all the toys. Miss my megazord

On 12/5/2022 at 2:20 AM, TDYER63 said:

😁

super powers in the kebab shop at closing time....

just finished "two summers' on Netflix - english subtitles of flemish show - really good

and SAS Rogue warriors - found it on Amazon prime - i had complained about it based on the preview clips i'd seen ; but hands up , really enjoyed  it - am sure theres potential to go through to 80s with Embassy siege etc - altho 90s and Bravo two zero has now been done to death

11 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

super powers in the kebab shop at closing time....

just finished "two summers' on Netflix - english subtitles of flemish show - really good

and SAS Rogue warriors - found it on Amazon prime - i had complained about it based on the preview clips i'd seen ; but hands up , really enjoyed  it - am sure theres potential to go through to 80s with Embassy siege etc - altho 90s and Bravo two zero has now been done to death

Think I might need to watch this SAS rogue warriors as a few people have talked highly of it. I dont usually like ‘sojers’ type programmes though 😁

Will take a look at Two Summers.

1899 is not a patch on Dark but is passing the time when its too cold to leave the house in baltic conditions . 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Think I might need to watch this SAS rogue warriors as a few people have talked highly of it. I dont usually like ‘sojers’ type programmes though 😁

Will take a look at Two Summers.

1899 is not a patch on Dark but is passing the time when its too cold to leave the house in baltic conditions . 

only lasted a few minutes into 1899 ; historical bit was fine , but was a bit that was sci-fi or similar where i switched off

although i did last a whole episode of a series 'into the dark' ; a plane of passengers avoiding the sun......

21 hours ago, dan cake said:

Feck knows why but missed it first time round, taped it 👍

Yeah I missed an episode from memory so never finished it - don't think I ever finished the book either because I've done the first double episode and can't remember for the life of me how it ends. 

The thing that struck me was how old a bastard I am - I was a teen in the mid-90's but the bits set then look like something off the History Channel!!

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Both series of The White Lotus have been a superb watch. The latest shot in Sicily in the same town we stopped in a few years back. 

only saw the first one - but agree ; was a bit suspect to start with ; vapid teens on boat etc , but on landing got into it

- just finished Netflix "Dont pick up the phone" 3 part Docuseries ; tough to believe it actually took place

- kept thinking all through it ; this could only happen in America .....

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Both series of The White Lotus have been a superb watch. The latest shot in Sicily in the same town we stopped in a few years back. 

Really liked both of them. As I mentioned previously, I  thought the first serious was better as i really liked the mad hotel manager but I  finished the second series last night and ended up really enjoying that too.
The setting was stunning, very envious of your visit . Is that an actual hotel they are in or just a mock up ?  Not that I could ever afford to go there, unless of course my career as a central heating technician takes off , but was interested to know if it actually existed. 
The eccentric type woman was also in The Watcher, she played a similar type character in that. Not sure if that is her acting  or if she is actually like that 😁

On 11/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, Fairbairn said:

Started it last night.  First episode was OK so will stick with it.  You can tell straight away it's from the same guy that did Peaky Blinders though.

Finished it last night and agree with this. Very Peaky Blinders. Loud music and posturing at times. I did enjoy it but felt it was a little bit repetitive as it went on. I will watch the documentary as with all made for ‘TV dramas based on a true story’  there is a bit of poetic licence. And why, despite drinking a gazillion litres of rum in the desert, does Paddy Mayne never have a hangover 😁

Some great performances though and mostly kept my attention, definitely worth watching IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, EddardStark said:

Has anyone watched My Old School on  lplayer? Docu Drama about Brandon Lee ( a false name). He was a 32 yr who passed himself off as a 16 yr old at Bearsden Academy. Really good watch. 

Aye, it was very good. I really liked the way they did it. I imagine it would be a major talking point at any reunions they have had. 😂

I thought it was pretty good of the few teachers who agreed to be on it. I'm guessing quite a few wouldn't have wanted anything to do with it.