Series Worth Watching - Page 86 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Would thoroughly recommend Dopesick, it’s about the legal opiate trade in the US. Stand out performances from Michael Keaton and Kaitlyn Dever included in a great all round cast and based on a true story. 
Started watching it one night at the back of 10 and just hammered through all 8 one hour episodes, best thing Iv watched in ages 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Would thoroughly recommend Dopesick, it’s about the legal opiate trade in the US. Stand out performances from Michael Keaton and Kaitlyn Dever included in a great all round cast and based on a true story. 
Started watching it one night at the back of 10 and just hammered through all 8 one hour episodes, best thing Iv watched in ages 

Agreed, brilliant stuff

On 8/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, slasher said:

Watched what I assume is the final episode last night, very good 👍 

Showtrial on iplayer was much better than I expected and worth a watch.

Thought it was clever how a prequel turned into a sequel.   

Edited by Lamia

On 8/18/2022 at 6:44 PM, chaff said:

I was listening to a podcast called fortunately, apparently this is going to hurt was misogynistic 

🙄

That said,  a friend of mine who used to post on here will not read the book as she saw Adam Kay interviewed on a morning tv show and thought he was an utter dick. It put her right off the book. This was before the tv series was made. 

'State of Happiness' back on BBC. Must admit I didn't realise there would be a second series. There are probably people on the board who have much better insight into the oil industry but watching the first series couldn't help thinking about how Norway had got this massive Sovereign Wealth Fund and how what we've got are foodbanks, rising fuel bills and the constant slogan that we are too poor to govern ourselves.

Hide and Seek (Walter Presents) is fantastic if you like a hard watch, Ukrainian crime drama about child abduction set in the most depressing council estate you’ve ever seen. Grey sky’s, depressing music and some seriously damaged detectives all add to the pot which simmers on a low heat. I found it absolutely compelling, the last 30 minutes are jaw dropping as the “pot” eventually boils. The female lead has a haunting androgynous David Moyes thing going on, still would tho

10A767B6-637A-4CC6-BA83-21A3773A825E.jpeg.e2b296175f65bafe637cd454a1bc968e.jpeg

Edited by dan cake

Watched the 1st episode of she hulk as I like some of the marvel stuff.

Won't be watching anymore. Basically 40 minutes of 'women can do as much as men'

Tarantino recently said films and TV series are more about ideology than art nowdays. He was absolutely spot on

Just finished 8 episode series of Midnight Mass, started off ok, bit slow and ending was half decent, probably wont watch again, but it was decent enough I suppose (dodgy priest, and a wee bit vimpirey )

I would add, the wee boy who played Elliot in ET. stopped taking acting lessons after 1982 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, dj mick said:

Been confirmed another helping of "Curb your enthusiasm" has been confirmed,, This brings me great joy.

Just noticed it is back on Now TV ! Ya beauty. They pulled it a few months ago and we were only about 3 series into it, I was not happy. But they gave me a months free subscription and now its back . Happy Days. 

4 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

It is repeated on Talking Pictures again tonight at 11 only up to Series 1 episode 3 

They have shown every episode made of Secret Army and then the follow up series Kessler

On 9/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

just started watching new "Dahmer" series on Netflix ; creepy and disturbing , but still worth watching  - a few Ffwd moments though .....

Just came on to say this, I don't get a chance to watch much TV etc but being laid up with a fucked knee I decided to start this tonight. Some horrible shit to watch but can't turn away. He was one fucked up guy.

Read plenty about him before but seeing it acted out is different level 🤣