Cricket World Cup - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket World Cup

Slide tackle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bowling from Scotland in the first 20 overs was awful. Did well to restrict them to 300 in the end. Some interesting things in the crowd - the two guys holding up the banner with "you should have voted yes" and the 4 kilties who all rather bizarrely had t shirt's with Goram mimicking playing a flute on them! Lastly, the commentary from Bumble and Botham was disparaging about Scotland. Not surprised their was a storm on twitter about it.

Nothing like a game against E****** to thaw his cricketophobia...

Spot on fella,cricket is still pish but I fkin love seeing us beat any English team at anything. Sadly that was not one of those occasions.

Poofs game.

Edited by Bzzzz

Chris Gayle currently on 205 against Zimbabwe. West Indies have recovered well from the shambles against Ireland. Don't write them off on getting a semi final place. They are a team with superb talent. Should get above 350 from here.

Edited by EddardStark

England are very fortunate to have Bangladesh in their group. They are rank rotten. Together with Scotland and Afghanistan these three teams give England passage into the qtrs regradless of how well they do against the Aus, NZ and SL. I cant see England progressing beyond the quarters.

As for Scotland then I think we missed a trick by not following the ROI model. They seem to have more success at getting Irish grass roots cricket bringing through talent.

Chris Gayle currently on 205 against Zimbabwe. West Indies have recovered well from the shambles against Ireland. Don't write them off on getting a semi final place. They are a team with superb talent. Should get above 350 from here.

If Gayle doesn't get a big score they're rank. No chance of a semifinal.

Spot on fella,cricket is still pish but I fkin love seeing us beat any English team at anything. Sadly that was not one of those occasions.

Poofs game.

Define poofs game please?

I'd say football is more of a poofs game what with all that hugging and kissing that goes on when a goal is scored. I can say you don't see that when a catch is taken or a player scores a century. I think that the Aussie player tragically killed by a bouncer when ball hit back of his neck at 100 mph shows it is very much a man's game.