Cricket World Cup - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket World Cup

Slide tackle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought the Scotland team would have a few scots/ indian or scots/ Pakistani players playing. given the amount of them in Glasgow and are the only ones that are really into cricket here.

Majid Haq

Qasim Sheikh

Safyaan Sharif

Moneeb Iqbal

Only Safyaan and Majid in the squad, but the latter has more caps than any one else for Scotland

We must be the first team to play New Zealand at the football, rugby & cricket world cups?...

Both Rugby World Cups as well, I think.

Thinking about this more I think Scotland and New Zealand must be the only teams to have met in all those tournaments. I can't think of any other permutation that fits?...

Ireland and England

Actually having had a quick look, I don't think they've ever played each other in the rugby world cup, which is a bit of a surprise.

Nobody else that I could see.

Edited by biffer

Actually having had a quick look, I don't think they've ever played each other in the rugby world cup, which is a bit of a surprise.

Nobody else that I could see.

Forgot about Ireland and England, but yeah that's pretty unbelieveable that they've never met at the RWC, they've even played in the Rugby League version!