Sectarian Singing - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

Same Rangers style add ons? You serious ya rocket?

Probably been to near 700 killie games and never heard a Rangers style add on in asong sung by us.

Serious question SH. Do you think it's worse to be "up to your knees" in someone's blood because of their religion than it is to be so because of where they are from?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can support any National team you like. England, Ireland, Scotland or whoever. It is not a sign of bigotry or being anti Scottish (like voting no for example).

Harry Duncan I drove past you today in Anniesland. Was star struck. Not seen you in ages.

OK I don't recognise your tamb name. Who ?

Serious question SH. Do you think it's worse to be "up to your knees" in someone's blood because of their religion than it is to be so because of where they are from?

He's been to 700 odd games. He's no idea of any of these songs.

Let's be a wee bit fair here.

Rangers have a huge amount of scumbags in their support, and as a club, they're poison. But I've been on this TA Board for over 15 years and almost without exception the Rangers fans who have posted regularly on it have been good lads and pretty much universal in their condemnation of sectarian bigotry.

Have to disagree there. I could name one who was proud to admit to being a 90min bigot. But I suppose you did say "almost"

Edited by Lamia

It's also known that Killie sing 'Killie Boys' with the same Rangers style add ons.

You've obviously missed the board and managers statement.

that is possibly the most ignorant, weird and mental thing I have seen on here..... I have supported killie since 1985 and the hatred of sectarianism, and both sides of the OF runs deep. We are a real football club and despite our current ridiculous board, we are proud. We have no shame at Rugby park and I can only assume you are an idiot or a wind up merchant...

Of course you haven't

Make stuff up if you want - I know what goes on at killie games and I've never heard any songs with Rangers add ons.

If I did I'd certainly pull folk up for singing it instead of taking the shitebag attitude you do in case a big bad Rangers fan gives you grief.

You're part of the problem.

Distasteful maybe but don't think you can compare a song about a football team somebody chooses to support and one about persecuting people because of their faith.

One version is banned for a reason.

I'd happily never singing Hello Hello ever again. I don't think the majority of Rangers fans would say same about Singing about fenians, chapels saddening your eyes, building gallows, German bombers being shot down or all the other dross they sing whilst the so called decent fans are allegedly too scared to say anything .

Do you think it's worse to be "up to your knees" in someone's blood because of their religion than it is to be so because of where they are from?

The difference is subtle but also significant.

If the fans sang "We are the Rangers boys" and "up to our knees in Celtic blood" there would probably have been no issues with the song.

Edited by Toepoke

Distasteful maybe but don't think you can compare a song about a football team somebody chooses to support and one about persecuting people because of their faith.

One version is banned for a reason.

I'd happily never singing Hello Hello ever again. I don't think the majority of Rangers fans would say same about Singing about fenians, chapels saddening your eyes, building gallows, German bombers being shot down or all the other dross they sing whilst the so called decent fans are allegedly too scared to say anything .

So singing that you'll gladly slaughter people from a different town is ok but a different religion is wrong?

You've managed to hit an all time hypocrite level with that one.

If you can't see that both songs are wrong then you really shouldn't comment on this subject. You're part of the problem.

And just so we're clear here I've never sung Billy Boys and I don't sing any of the other pish like it. I don't have to trade off me not singing offensive songs because I'm adult enough to take responsibility for my own actions.

So singing that you'll gladly slaughter people from a different town is ok but a different religion is wrong?

If you can't see that both songs are wrong then you really shouldn't comment on this subject. You're part of the problem.

And just so we're clear here I've never sung Billy Boys and I don't sing any of the other pish like it. I don't have to trade off me not singing offensive songs because I'm adult enough to take responsibility for my own actions.

We'll need to agree to disagree.

The law says ones illegal and ones not. I take from that what you will.

Mam Utd fans sing a song about building a bonfire and putting Liverpool fans and Citeh fans in it. Are you saying it would be the same if they were singing about putting Jews and Muslims in it?

The Killie song isn't about the town of Ayr. Quite a few of my mates come from Ayr, support killie and have sung it. It's a distasteful football song.

IMO (and the laws opinion) the Rangers version and the Killie version are different.

If the Killie version was banned it would disappear overnight. Of that im sure.

We'll need to agree to disagree.

The law says ones illegal and ones not. I take from that what you will.

Mam Utd fans sing a song about building a bonfire and putting Liverpool fans and Citeh fans in it. Are you saying it would be the same if they were singing about putting Jews and Muslims in it?

The Killie song isn't about the town of Ayr. Quite a few of my mates come from Ayr, support killie and have sung it. It's a distasteful football song.

IMO (and the laws opinion) the Rangers version and the Killie version are different.

If the Killie version was banned it would disappear overnight. Of that im sure.

So as long as it's legal that's okay? Whether it's offensive or derogatory is immaterial?

You do understand it used to be legal to keep slaves? It didn't make it morally right?

You hide behind the law all you like but just remember that this is the same argument that you deride the SPFL for when they don't punish rangers. They obeyed the "laws" so aren't punished.

Yet more hypocrisy from you. And you lecture others on how terrible their club is? Perhaps you know better than me as you seem very similar in my eyes.

there are so many levels on which you dont seem to get it.... there is always a threat of serious unrest at an OF game, violence in the pubs and bars domestic violence, people are regularly stabbed, wives are beaten. Not just on match day but on a an ongoing basis, driven by a whole serious of ritual hatred, singing and tribal activities. The singing ban is not about the singing - its about the violence. Stop the civil unrest, hatred and violence and you could probably sing what you want ?

Mind you last time I was in Ayr at a game there was a dodgy moment when a taxi driver swore at us and said he wouldn't take 'scum like us'... then he laughed and opened the door. For a moment I nearly believed him - phew !!!!

that is possibly the most ignorant, weird and mental thing I have seen on here..... I have supported killie since 1985 and the hatred of sectarianism, and both sides of the OF runs deep. We are a real football club and despite our current ridiculous board, we are proud. We have no shame at Rugby park and I can only assume you are an idiot or a wind up merchant...

A real xenophobic football club though...

A campaign supported by the official Rangers fans board is to lobby First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to make the use of the word 'hun' illegal following the online abuse of pop singer and Rangers fan Amy Macdonald, with an internet petition saying it is a term of "religious hatred, a derogatory and sectarian term for a Protestant".

:lol:

Make stuff up if you want - I know what goes on at killie games and I've never heard any songs with Rangers add ons.

If I did I'd certainly pull folk up for singing it instead of taking the shitebag attitude you do in case a big bad Rangers fan gives you grief.

You're part of the problem.

So you think fighting in the stands is the way to solve the problem? Utter bollocks. I go to the fitba to enjoy the game and support my team. Not to get a sore mouth or chibbed by some wee ned with an attitude problem. The onus on eradicating this from our game lies squarely with the clubs, the SFA/SPFL and Police Scotland, not the proper fans who are doing fcuk all wrong.

I guess you'd rather talk about anything except the poison at Rangers... even if you have to make weird stuff up

Read back. I've skated rangers many a time.

It'd your pal squirrel who says your hello hello version about Ayr is perfectly fine.

Your double standards are laughable.