Sectarian Singing - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, some of us support clubs that aren't deep rooted in bigotry and others don't.

Christ, it was only two years ago Chuckles was getting the support onside by promising Orange strips.

And some of us support clubs with no sectarian element but still manage to sing offensive songs.

Seriously, can you not see your own hypocrisy?

Are so incapable of self awareness?

He changed the face of music in the late 80's and early 90's as part of NWA. One of the most influential musicians of his generation, no doubt.

He's also had a distinguished solo career and a semi-successful acting career.

Please please delete the reference to acting. Apart from Boyz N The Hood and the Friday series, he's exactly what he was rapping about on Burn Hollywood Burn on FOABP. Are We There Yet - FFS!!!

Must have been a quiet life up north for DandyDunn

Btw, have you seen the trailer for Straight Outta Compton, looks good.

Please please delete the reference to acting. Apart from Boyz N The Hood and the Friday series, he's exactly what he was rapping about on Burn Hollywood Burn on FOABP. Are We There Yet - FFS!!!

I think he's a shite actor too but he's had a fair few roles in some big movies! So someone must like him :lol:

Straight Outta Compton looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed due to Suge Knight running anyone else down... Although I get the feeling that Suge might be inside for a long time now :)

Ice T is the boy from Special victims unit (the tv show ; not a celtic fan group) - an ex rapper ; is he related to ice cube ; just not as cool

A campaign supported by the official Rangers fans board is to lobby First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to make the use of the word 'hun' illegal following the online abuse of pop singer and Rangers fan Amy Macdonald, with an internet petition saying it is a term of "religious hatred, a derogatory and sectarian term for a Protestant".

:lol:

Do they realise she was a YES voter?

I think he's a shite actor too but he's had a fair few roles in some big movies! So someone must like him :lol:

Straight Outta Compton looks amazing. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed due to Suge Knight running anyone else down... Although I get the feeling that Suge might be inside for a long time now :)

Does look good. Cant believe someone didnt know who Ice Cube was.

I know the problems within my club and it's support. And I've condemned what needs condemned.

You on the other hand are happy for your clubs fans to sing an offensive song as long as its legal. You even freely admit to singing it yourself.

I'd say that rules you out from being a sound moral compass on this subject.

I see no real difference between the Kilmarnock fans version to the one sung by the neanderthals at Rangers. Just because religion is protected in law doesn't make it worse to celebrate "being up to our knees" in someone different's blood.

I feel sorry for you that you don't understand what you're doing is wrong. Maybe thats why the Rangers fans singing their songs don't change. They're just the same as you.

I find it depressing that you can't see the difference between Rangers fans singing about F#nians and Killie fans singing about Ayr fans.

Is anyone ACTUALLY offended by something at a football game?

i.e. you've been there, the opposition fans have said or sang something and its genuinely upset you?

I'm a fairly laid back guy so maybe thats the reason but I can honestly say nothing has ever got to me at a game, water off a ducks back. And at Stirling v Brechin on a Tuesday you can her EVERY word their 7 fans are shouting.

Aye, they Brechin fans

If he wants. Why shouldn't he? There is nothing remotely sectarian about that song.

I did say it wasn't sectarian but its not really professional is it. It's also Irish. He was also the only guy from the Celtic party to leave before everyone else when getting back to Glasgow airport by a good half hour. The rest of them all came through together

I did say it wasn't sectarian but its not really professional is it. It's also Irish. He was also the only guy from the Celtic party to leave before everyone else when getting back to Glasgow airport by a good half hour. The rest of them all came through together

You're talking utter shite, utter, utter shite.

You're talking utter shite, utter, utter shite.

What have I said there that's shite? I work at the airport and watched them all come through. Collins was through and away from the car park at least half an hour before the rest of the team.

What have I said there that's shite? I work at the airport and watched them all come through. Collins was through and away from the car park at least half an hour before the rest of the team.

You said whistling a song at the airport was unprofessional, in what way is it unprofessional to whistle at the airport. FFS!