Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls show SNP to gain:

• Airdrie & Shotts,
  • Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill,
  • Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Kirkintilloch East,
  • Dundee West,
  • Glasgow Central,
  • Glasgow East,
  • Glasgow North,
  • Glasgow North West,
  • Glasgow South,
  • Glasgow South West,
  • Gordon,
  • Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey,
  • Motherwell & Wishaw,
  • Paisley & Renfrewshire South
  • West Dunbartonshire.
Labour to hold:
  • Glasgow North East (despite 23.5% swing to SNP)

Airdrie & Shotts ought to be winnable (the incumbent MP, Pamela Nash, is apparently never anywhere to be seen) as should Dundee West, Gordon, Inverness and West Dunbartonshire (Gemma Doyle's voting record in the HoC is a gift for any opponent aiming to attack her from a left-wing perspective).

Mags Gurn's seat in Glasgow East ought to be there for the taking but unfortunately the SNP's candidate is a bit of a car crash - last year she stood in a Holyrood by-election and managed to significantly decrease the SNP's vote, and her personal life is a smear-merchant's dream. Natalie McGarry is possibly one of the last people I'd have standing against the Shadow SofS for Scotland; given half a chance Labour will throw the kitchen sink at her. I just hope she has a shit-hot campaign team and/or the good people of Glasgow East really, really hate Curran!

Glasgow Central and Glasgow North West both have strong candidates; Glasgows North and South West are both fielding the same people that lost in 2010 (Glasgow North's Patrick Grady finished third behind the Lib Dems). It'd be great to see Ian Davidson oot on his ear though and I'd love, love, LOVE it if wee Dougie Alexander lost his seat. :)

Since I am not a member of the Twitterati, what nonsense is that drooling vegetable spouting now?

Saw his piece in the Sun about how all the 'big ideas are ours'. Lives in the same land of make believe as his toadies Dugdale, Crichton and Clegg.

They all live inside Crichton's greasy mop of hair !

Really impressive polls, but they are just that.

I don't think anyone will be getting carried away as we all ken what September was like. Hopefully it even encourages a few to go round the doors, lick a few envelopes or whatever they can afford timewise to do.

Can you imagine the 8th of May? The Alexander Bros, Sarwar, Curran, McGovern, Davidson, etc.

The are just polls, but hugely encouraging. Some of those numbers inside are massive and I doubt Labour will take any comfort at all. If going by this, how can they possible win back the "Red Nats" or whatever they called them e.g the 190,000 odd Labour voters who voted Yes?

Coatbridge and Chryston used to be one of the safest Labour seats in the land - was that not the old Monklands seat held by John Smith.

If the SNP were to win that then that surely would signal a landslide.

Nah, Smith was next door in Airdrie. However, the Westminster election before last, Coatbridge was the seat with the latest majority in the UK.

I've never bothered trying to vote from abroad (has been an arse to organise) as I'm from there and with FPTP it's not been with the effort. As soon as i saw that poll though i sent off my voter registration

They all live inside Crichton's greasy mop of hair !

did anyone hear Torquil on radio Scotland this morning.. lost the plot.. vote snp get tory.. that's all he said kept getting corrected and he kept sprouting it

this is going to be Liebours tactics...

did anyone hear Torquil on radio Scotland this morning.. lost the plot.. vote snp get tory.. that's all he said kept getting corrected and he kept sprouting it

this is going to be Liebours tactics...

Aye. You could hear Iain MacWhirter guffawing in the back as he was coming out with it....

I believe it (the polls) when I see it. No idea what has driven this - it seems a bit weird given the NO.

Personally I think the best recruitment sergeant for the independence cause is No voters watching for example that foaming UKIP's guys performance of Question Time the other week. I did not watch it (as the programme is utter shite) but judging by the reactions on here I can guess what it was like.

An hour of that poured down their throats every week will turn more No's to Yes than an hour of extolling the benefits of independence. It is just the way folk are sadly.

This is why the SNP should be subtly and continuously agitating that situation.

Mags Gurn's seat in Glasgow East ought to be there for the taking but unfortunately the SNP's candidate is a bit of a car crash - last year she stood in a Holyrood by-election and managed to significantly decrease the SNP's vote, and her personal life is a smear-merchant's dream. Natalie McGarry is possibly one of the last people I'd have standing against the Shadow SofS for Scotland; given half a chance Labour will throw the kitchen sink at her. I just hope she has a shit-hot campaign team and/or the good people of Glasgow East really, really hate Curran!

Just read a bit on McGarry - she seems a complete rocket :shocked:

There was quite a bit of talk on The Wright Stuff on Channel 5 this morning about the SNP, which shows that they're finally waking up down in England to the possibility that the SNP could be the 3rd largest party in Westminster. Having said that, the panelists seemed to assume there would automatically be a Labour/SNP coalition, but with EVEL also in place, so they haven't completely grasped the situation yet!

There was quite a bit of talk on The Wright Stuff on Channel 5 this morning about the SNP, which shows that they're finally waking up down in England to the possibility that the SNP could be the 3rd largest party in Westminster. Having said that, the panelists seemed to assume there would automatically be a Labour/SNP coalition, but with EVEL also in place, so they haven't completely grasped the situation yet!

Throughout the referendum campaign, Wright was the most clued up and fair commentator out the lot of them. I'm convinced he wanted us to go for it, but obviously couldn't say.

M. Wright's a top man.

Just read a bit on McGarry - she seems a complete rocket :shocked:

What have you read? I follow her on twitter, and thought she came across fairly sensible and likeable?!

Her hubby/partner seems a bit of a rocket though - Tory councillor, petitioned to get an Israeli flag flown at GCC a while back

Edit: shouldn't have included what football team he supports, it's irrelevant

Edited by Maq

What have you read? I follow her on twitter, and thought she came across fairly sensible and likeable?!

Her hubby/partner seems a bit of a rocket though - Tory councillor, petitioned to get an Israeli flag flown at GCC a while back

Edit: shouldn't have included what football team he supports, it's irrelevant

I'll guess at Rangers, what do I win?