Spl Winter Transfer Window - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spl Winter Transfer Window

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because he wants to come to us.

Probably. If you get him make the most of his time with you.

He is a fantastic attacking full back, far too good to be at the level he is now in my opinion. He will go on to do extremely well for himself and a year or two under McNamara, who he all ready knows well obviously, will do him no harm at all.

If he was at accies there would already be bids of more than a million. I'm certain of that.

This is a guy who will win a lot of scotland caps in the future.

He is a fantastic attacking full back, far too good to be at the level he is now in my opinion. He will go on to do extremely well for himself and a year or two under McNamara, who he all ready knows well obviously, will do him no harm at all.

If he was at accies there would already be bids of more than a million. I'm certain of that.

A fair few of us said that about ATS and look at him now. Never got a chance.

SOD, if given the chance, will. Him beating his man time after time is a joy to watch. He must have the assists for us this season.

When I read his comments on the official site, it was heartening, but the first thing that sprung to mind is that he's already made his mind up and will sign for Utd in the summer. Not about the money, but he'll get a nice signing on fee and a decent wage into the bargain.

Thistle have shown their hand for any other contracted players. We'll accept 100k nae bother - apparently this is "stupid money", which Archie said that's what would take for us to sell O'Donnell.

SOD, if given the chance, will. Him beating his man time after time is a joy to watch. He must have the assists for us this season.

When I read his comments on the official site, it was heartening, but the first thing that sprung to mind is that he's already made his mind up and will sign for Utd in the summer. Not about the money, but he'll get a nice signing on fee and a decent wage into the bargain.

Thistle have shown their hand for any other contracted players. We'll accept 100k nae bother - apparently this is "stupid money", which Archie said that's what would take for us to sell O'Donnell.

I honestly didn't rate ATS that highly. Fantastic athlete but with very little footballing ability. O'donnell is a different beast. The same fantastic athlete but with an abundance of talent. Great touch, intelligent and great final ball both in terms of delivery and choice. Slightly suspect at the back but by no means poor. Not seen many better at that age and when I've pointed him out to fans of other teams in conversation prior to playing them, generally they come away highly impressed.

Think he would be making a good choice, for his career, by going to United as they, like accies, are on big clubs radars because young players have left them recently and gone on to do very well, whereas we have no record of it for 30 years really. That's why the rather pitiful offers. But considering o'donnell, I believe, won't bring any training comp for thistle should he leave in summer then we had to accept the 100k.

Was the correct decision to turn Blackpool down. He is far too good for league one. Within 2 years he will be a squad regular. In 3 he will be a starting regular for scotland. I think he is that good.

sounds good but if this is all true I can see some other club coming in for him before we get a sniff. lets face it when it comes to wages we can only pay so much.

yep have been hearing some rumours for a few days - great if it happens. also hearing wigan are after ICT's mckay - £150k.

Any chance Aberdeen or Dundee Utd could risk that sort of money and have a late go for McKay ?

Paul Dixon would be a decent addition for the Arabs. He's just not going to make it down south.

Ian Vigurs reportedly has a move to Oldham break down. Never saw that one coming.

Any chance Aberdeen or Dundee Utd could risk that sort of money and have a late go for McKay ?

McKay was another name I had heard back in the summer (but this was before we got Goodwillie, and now he is tied down on a long term deal, think that deal is probably dead now), but his mind is set on going down south

Paul Dixon would be a decent addition for the Arabs. He's just not going to make it down south.

Ian Vigurs reportedly has a move to Oldham break down. Never saw that one coming.

McKay's a good player, but Aberdeen won't spend 150 grand on a player we don't need.

We already have Rooney, Goodwillie and now Shankland breaking through.

I doubt if we'd spend any cash anyway, but if we did it would be to get Shinnie in early.

:(

Probably bad news, as I'd imagine Barraclough needs him out to bring someone else in?

Undoubtedly a talented footballer, but a luxury motherwell can't afford. He's slow, unfit, doesn't track back and tries the Hollywood pass too often.

I'm sure he could be a good player for someone, but he's not good enough to build a team around, and certainly not the kind of player you need in a relegation fight.

Apparently he was close to going to Oldham before motherwell got him too.