Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it? Heard you were the better team first half, but second half we missed have a dozen one on ones with your keeper.

Wasn't there mate. Had an amateur game today. Sounds like we did edge the first but the second half sounded like an onslaught on the way home

Edit to say I dunno how much worse off we'd be without Twardsik

Edited by Donaldo87

Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

Monday at 2pm mate

Lovely to see Aberdeen get pumped oot. I actually really enjoyed the match although quite surprised that the football purists on here were describing it as 'good football' as it was anything but. Good old fashioned cup tie for me. On the balance of play I would say the better team lost but fitba is also about putting the ball in the net so I don't think any of our resident Dandies will have any complaints.

No real shocks other than that. Well done to Stranraer nicking a late equaliser. I work with an insufferable Pars man so that should keep him a bit quieter tomorrow :-))

On to tomorrow now. Celtic and Rangers to progress IMHO

So staking £5 would return £0? ;)

:-)) Could do.

Taking each game at a time :

I think Killie should actually be favourites v Rangers but are 7/2, so that's a decent bet in itself IMO.

I also think Hearts may give Celtic a hard game (on the back of another Euro flop) so that's a potential upset at 11/2.

Good odds IMO for a tiny bet.

I am so happy that Faddy is with us. For the last season or so, I secretly cheered when he was on the ball against St J. Last week he was braw. This week. fantastic goal. Today I had a lovely wee chat with Steven McLean and discussed everything about the clinching goal in last season's final. Top guy

truly armageddon then

Just to clarify the point I was making, Scottish football is a mediocre product which has been getting worse, it's over-priced and there are lots of substitutes a scnario which is a recipe for failure. You just need to look at Rangers for evidence of that, whilst some people are staying away because of the overall situation many more are staying away because the team are simply rank and not worth the money.

The failure of Scottish football won't be a big bang event it'll be a long, drawn out whimper.

Just to clarify the point I was making, Scottish football is a mediocre product which has been getting worse, it's over-priced and there are lots of substitutes a scnario which is a recipe for failure. You just need to look at Rangers for evidence of that, whilst some people are staying away because of the overall situation many more are staying away because the team are simply rank and not worth the money.

The failure of Scottish football won't be a big bang event it'll be a long, drawn out whimper.

Perhaps, but Dundee Utd are playing better football to bigger crowds and are more financially secure than they've been in 15 years. Likewise Aberdeen

Rangers are deep in it right enough.

Perhaps, but Dundee Utd are playing better football to bigger crowds and are more financially secure than they've been in 15 years. Likewise Aberdeen

Rangers are deep in it right enough.

Aberdeen have been bailed out by sugar daddies and as for United is you have a season without a player to sell how much of. a loss will you post with your 7,000 crowds? In addition ow long do you think Accies, Motherwell, ICT, St Mirren, Patrick Thistle, Ross County and Dundee have a full-time teams?

Aberdeen have been bailed out by sugar daddies and as for United is you have a season without a player to sell how much of. a loss will you post with your 7,000 crowds? In addition ow long do you think Accies, Motherwell, ICT, St Mirren, Patrick Thistle, Ross County and Dundee have a full-time teams?

For Utd, they've been a selling club for 40 years. At least now we have players to sell. The wages are under control so I think 7,000 crowds are not far off break even. Even when they won the league and reached European finals there were never more than 6,000 at Tannadice for Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick etc.

Not worried.

It's hilarious how supporters of a team who died and who now support the most financially insecure club in Scotland keep telling everyone else that other clubs are going to go bust.

Vive le Armageddon.

You really should be getting your own house in order first.

Not sure of the details but Dundee United must be fairly stable financially at the moment given their recent player sales. Presumably they'll also have negotiated a sell-on clause for Ryan Gauld. They've still got a few assets on the books as well.