Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

Aberdeen have been bailed out by sugar daddies and as for United is you have a season without a player to sell how much of. a loss will you post with your 7,000 crowds? In addition ow long do you think Accies, Motherwell, ICT, St Mirren, Patrick Thistle, Ross County and Dundee have a full-time teams?

Larky you have got this wrong. if utd crowds remain as they are and we have a top 6 finish and at least one decent cup run we will break even. that's the model in place now at the club. yours should try it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Break even, is that a position for improvement?

Reading Soccernomics convinced me that break even is the optimum performance for football clubs. Money in the bank is really money wasted when it could be improving what is ultimately the sole purpose of professional football - the ability of the team to win games.

Reading Soccernomics convinced me that break even is the optimum performance for football clubs. Money in the bank is really money wasted when it could be improving what is ultimately the sole purpose of professional football - the ability of the team to win games.

In the Dundee United break even scenario how much money will they be spending on improvement e.g. buying players/

Here's wee quiz for for you below are the attendances for the 5 all SPFL ties in Scottish Cup yesterday along with the top 5 attendances in the English League One, Two and Football Conference which is which?

A. 5791, 2464, 2034, 1862, 1849

B. 12489, 10506, 9340, 8076, 7649

C. 5956, 4827, 2467, 2338, 1957

D. 8418, 6808, 5500, 5170, 5163

Here's wee quiz for for you below are the attendances for the 5 all SPFL ties in Scottish Cup yesterday along with the top 5 attendances in the English League One, Two and Football Conference which is which?

A. 5791, 2464, 2034, 1862, 1849

B. 12489, 10506, 9340, 8076, 7649

C. 5956, 4827, 2467, 2338, 1957

D. 8418, 6808, 5500, 5170, 5163

Larky what's your point? I know you are hurting with what's happening to your club but deriding scottish football as a whole is not the answer. What do you expect? All spfl clubs to have 20,000 home crowds every game? I dont get your point. It's just bitterness because your club is f@cked.