Dons V Celtic - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's normally non-existent from Aberdeen fans at games vs celtic too.

Is "it's normally non-existent" an Orwellian term for, there's been two separate arrests and 10 month custodial sentence this calendar year (4 games?)?

Edited by phart

I grew up in Aberdeen and never heard the word Tim until I took a summer job working at Faslane / Millport when I was about 20. I was asked repeatedly on that site which side I was on but I genuinely had not a clue. Aberdeen is mostly free of it. I am just making a point about double standards.

edit: when they asked if I was baptised or christened I clicked and just went evasive. (christened)

Edited by thplinth

Is "it's normally non-existent" an Orwellian term for, there's been two separate arrests and 10 month custodial sentence this calendar year (4 games?)?

There is just as much bigotry in Aberdeen as there is in Glasgow. But it manifests in different ways.

Folk on here who have zero tolerance for EK Celt or whoever it happens to be on the green side yet who do not hide the fact they drink with ron. I do not know ron and I'll admit I quite liked him but he was pretty 'full on' so how can that be tolerable to them yet the green side drives them apoplectic?

Maybe you hang out with ron because you think like him. Occam's ing razor after all.

There is just as much bigotry in Aberdeen as there is in Glasgow. But it manifests in different ways.

Folk on here who have zero tolerance for EK Celt or whoever it happens to be on the green side yet who do not hide the fact they drink with ron. I do not know ron and I'll admit I quite liked him but he was pretty 'full on' so how can that be tolerable to them yet the green side drives them apoplectic?

Maybe you hang out with ron because you think like him. Occam's ing razor after all.

Well said.

I think EK gets a tough time of it at times.

Of course it is.

Unfortunately some people deliberately want to make the insinuation that having a go at Celtic fans automatically mean we're anti-Irish or anti-Catholic.

We aren't. We're just anti- bawbag. Aberdeen fans behave the same way towards both sides of the Old Firm...it just so happens that one side happens to have a great victim complex than the other.

However....this thread is about to be driven south by 2 posters with a definite agenda. If you think it was bad before, just wait a bit as it's about to be swamped with faux-intellectual accusation, and other utter dovers.

I'm out...long experience tells me that it's going to be utterly pointless keeping on posting here.

Edited by Rossy

I don't have to provide evidence of anything, if you can't read it's not my fault. Maybe you should buy a "No' very bright" T-shirt.

And there we have the normal Ek_celt response to any challenge. Avoid, deflect, ignore.

So to summarise you claim you have condemned the idiots in the Celtic support, yet no-one has seen these posts.

You won't point them out to prove me wrong and your cherry on the top is to blame me for your lack of evidence.

Your a one man example of the Celtic Victim mentality at its worst.

No idea why others think this sort of behaviour is sensible but there you go, each to their own.

I prefer honesty, even if you don't like saying it.

I didn't mention the pope. You guys keep playing the man and not the ball though, it's all you have.

No, however you go back to the aftermath of that ill-fated day and Jambos were scum etc. Much ire directed at us etc. Despite it being a MINORITY back then as well.

We were vilified and IIRC you were full on in your condemnation without being a "total mope."

Which contrasts slightly to this incident. Back then you won the game, but this was a big incident. Contrasts slightly to your view this time that (and I paraphrase) "it doesn't really matter, as long as we win"

"Bigotry should have been eradicated back then, SFA should deduct points, Police should get involved because it was bang out of order." That's just some of the stuff I remember coming from sections of this board, which to be fair wasn't exclusively Celtic fans, and to take it a wee step further - most Hearts fans would have accepted!

That's why I wrote my post, not to play the man. The ball is showing that stupidity is stupidity no matter which side you're on. I don't want you to condemn them, you writing a few words on the internet to appease other TAMB users isn't going to change anything. In short I found it a tad hypocritical. Especially when you then went on to state (again paraphrasing) "But it's cool, cos the ones that get upset at it are showing as much disrespect as the ones that are booing" - were you and your ilk being disrespectful when you got upset back then? Nah, you weren't and you insult peoples intelligence by saying it this time around.

Edited by IAteAllThePies

or they become apologists for their scum element?

Deliberately twisting what was said to try and support your own agenda? Are you really Ek under another account?

Saying nothing is not the same as commenting on the story and attempting to blame other folk for your clubs idiots. Unless you support Celtic apparently.

It is a weird dynamic as it seems to me RFC fans really hate AFC fans and AFC fans really hate CFC fans.

Also I think Aberdonians in general like to think their shite does not stink as well. But I would argue that Aberdeen is one of the most prejudiced cities in Scotland maybe second only to here fellow No voting city Edinburgh.

Sectarianism is not the only prejudice rife in Scotland and the one that courses through the veins of Aberdeen is snobbery. Just throwing that out there.

You are bang on the money with your snobbery comment