Dons V Celtic - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

Who was smearing the entire support? The subject if the video was the people who can't keep quiet for 60 seconds. That is the bunch of fannies.

I just went back and read the post that you are replying to. I was not talking about you, but other posts in the thread. A few are talking about Celtic Fans like it is all one person. That is what I meant.

I think we all rightly place many caveats in any post about Rangers fans when talking 'generally'. Maybe time to do the same with the Tims.

Edited by thplinth

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you don't. Provide some evidence if you can.

None of my business? New excuse for not answering. Well done. You have more body swerves than Jinky. But as I said you're still not answering simple questions.

Good day to you too.

How is what another person or organisation chooses to do about the poppy any of your business?

Fekking poppy fascists!! *shakes heid*.

A couple of folk. That was it. It's not EKs or Celtics fault.

Can we draw a line under it and stop with the personal nonsense.

Bloody weans.

Actually tend to agree with that. With the exception of the insult.

Was celtic's donation to poppyscotland the biggest donation made by a Scottish club? Genuine question.

Are Celtic the only senior club in Scotland not to wear a poppy on their top?

No, I believe Falkirk didn't, are you going to hound them too?

Are Celtic the only senior club in Scotland not to wear a poppy on their top? Have they explained why they make this choice? Fair play to Mclean, he has explained up to a point?

No, why should Celtic, or anyone else have to explain anything to you or anyone else? The only reason the boy McLean explained his stance is because of people like you hounding him.

No, I believe Falkirk didn't, are you going to hound them too?

No, why should Celtic, or anyone else have to explain anything to you or anyone else? The only reason the boy McLean explained his stance is because of people like you hounding him.

no intentions of hounding anyone. Why would Celtic prefer to donate £10k to Poppy Scotland in preference to placing a poppy on their shirt. Not only that but feel the need to explain their donation but not explain their decision to not wear the poppy?

Interesting stance to suggest that not having a poppy on the shirts doesn't warrant an explanation but making a donation to Poppy Scotland warrants shouting from the rooftops.

For the record I think the whole poppy thing has got out of hand.

I wish we could go back to the days of no military personnel being paraded, no poppys on shirts but every ground having an immaculately observed silence and maybe somewhere in the ground for fans who wish a donation to the appeal to do so without any need to shout about it.

In many ways it feels that should be a respectful and measured show of remembrance has grown into something which causes arguments and attracts the wrong publicity.

So you didn't see the match?

We are unhappy with a number of decisions 2 of which were involved in the goals.

1. Scott Brown committed umpteen fouls before finally being booked and should have seen red earlier. Barry Robson also should have been booked earlier.

2. Clear foul before Celtic's 1st goal not given though we could and should have defended better after that but correct decision would have led to no discussion about the defending.

3. Celtic left back lifts his hands to Hayes and only gets yellow. You could see his team mates reaction - they thought he was walking.

4. 2 corners given at the end which were goal kicks. Celtic score winner from second. Again our defending was poor but if the ref gets either 1 right it is us attacking and going for the win.

We have had trouble with Muir before and he bottled it in a game and didn't appear for the second half after getting a roasting as he went off at half time.

No issue with the Logan red card as I am in no position to know exactly what happened so no comment on officials for that one.

I've no issue with the point of Brown's first caution or the way the Hayes vs Izaguirre incident was dealt with.

At the time from the far end, I thought the ball had clipped Taylor's foot for the first corner. Still not 100% sure it didn't looking at the TV clip either.

My gut instinct is the 2nd corner was correct though.

Regarding the clubs disappointment on the award of the corner, I thought McInnes was quite good in his comments regarding this. Rather than be a tube like Stuart McCall and demand that the referee 'invents a foul', he takes that view that although the team don't agree with the award, they should still be defending it properly.

Next time the pope dies I'm booing.

Just for the shits and giggles.

But it's cool, cos the ones that get upset at it are showing more disrespect than the ones that are booing (EK Celt philosophy).

And it doesn't really matter, as long as we win (EK Celt Philosphy).

As an aside, I don't actually care but love the hypocrisy when comparing this to a certain incident (Booers in both incidents are bigoted reprobates in my opinion).

Edited by IAteAllThePies

But it's cool, cos the ones that get upset at it are showing more disrespect than the ones that are booing (EK Celt philosophy).

As an aside, I don't actually care but love the hypocrisy when comparing this to a certain incident (Booers in both incidents are bigoted reprobates in my opinion).

EK celt supports Celtic so he must be a catholic (halfwit philosophy). :wave:

He didn't say or even imply that. Just you avoidingbthe fact that your double standards are showing, again.

But you keep deflecting and maybe it'll all go away. Or not. Either way you can always just not answer simple questions.

Where did I say that?

For ease of understanding and to help you in your quest I'll post what I typed again;

If it wasn't a corner for the Celtic goal, the ref should've just given a soft free kick to Aberdeen when the ball went in the box.

:P

(10 tamb points for all those that remember the reference)

I have to agree with Renfrew blue with regards EK Celt, generally he skirts round the issue, using semantics to avoid directly answering or acknowledging the point, historically known as "the PGB technique".

However I have to wonder if the 'dons fans recording the minutes silence would've been a helluva disappointed if they hadn't got the footage they were hoping for, which dies kind of make a mockery of the whole thing.

This thread is amusing. Seems a bit of an overreaction. In summary, my thoughts below.

Some Celtic fans embarrassed themselves and Celtic during the minute's silence. This is nothing new and it wasn't as bad as Falkirk away (a couple of seasons ago?) You can only assume that these are drunk, young idiots who don't understand what the silence is about and are attempting to be uber Irish republican.

The reason Celtic don't wear a poppy is obviously because it upsets a vocal minority of their fanbase.

Celtic donate to Poppy Scotland, which is admirable, but the reasons are 'guilt' and for good PR, ie as a Celtic fan put it earlier 'to make up for' the poor behaviour of their support on this issue.

Celtic fans booing Logan is nonsensical but fans of most teams would do the same. It's illogical but when has logic ever been important to football fans. I don't think it implies that Celtic or its supporters support racism.

Celtic won the match and will win the league comfortably.

I always remember Motherwell fans getting the blame in the papers of disrupting a minutes silence at Celtic Park years ago(was it for the Pope or an ex player?). The actual culprit was a scumbag to the right of us in the home end shouting "up the 'ra" and a few other republican expletives. The combination of Motherwell and Celtic collectively shouting for the boy to shut up, led to his removal after the silence was finished. The papers the following day leading that it was us to blame and the subsequent mock outrage on the phone ins was priceless.

I always remember Motherwell fans getting the blame in the papers of disrupting a minutes silence at Celtic Park years ago(was it for the Pope or an ex player?). The actual culprit was a scumbag to the right of us in the home end shouting "up the 'ra" and a few other republican expletives. The combination of Motherwell and Celtic collectively shouting for the boy to shut up, led to his removal after the silence was finished. The papers the following day leading that it was us to blame and the subsequent mock outrage on the phone ins was priceless.

I was at that game, he shouted something aimed at Andy Goram, and then folk started shouting back.

(Was that the day Gordon Marshall got sent off and Celtic tried to bring on a sub?)

I have to agree with Renfrew blue with regards EK Celt, generally he skirts round the issue, using semantics to avoid directly answering or acknowledging the point, historically known as "the PGB technique".

EK is nowhere near the level of him.

Nowhere.

He didn't say or even imply that. Just you avoidingbthe fact that your double standards are showing, again.

But you keep deflecting and maybe it'll all go away. Or not. Either way you can always just not answer simple questions.

Where did I say that?

For ease of understanding and to help you in your quest I'll post what I typed again;

I didn't mention the pope. You guys keep playing the man and not the ball though, it's all you have.

Logan didn't swear. He told the ref his performance was shocking, he missed too many things and bottled the big decisions. To be fair, I think that's about right!

Perhaps a bit silly, but bear in mind his context, it was against a team who he sees as backing a racist and whose fans booed him because he spoke out about it. Oh, and conceding a last minute goal to which a referring mistake contributed resulting in losing the game.

A wee bit off topic but could you imagine Scotland playing England at Wembley and they have a minute silence to honour their dead at Culloden?Not very many I know.Or England v Argentina away having a minute silience for those Argies who died defending the Faklands? To the plastic Irish who follow Celtic its the same as these two examples.We are nae inocent in this.Was there not an incident at Ibrox when Dons fans booed a minute silence ?

I didn't mention the pope. You guys keep playing the man and not the ball though, it's all you have.

The ball is that you, as a Celtic fan, seem unable to condemn scumbag actions from Celtic fans and players.

You've also attempted to smear the victim of racist abuse