Dons V Celtic - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

A wee bit off topic but could you imagine Scotland playing England at Wembley and they have a minute silence to honour their dead at Culloden?Not very many I know.Or England v Argentina away having a minute silience for those Argies who died defending the Faklands? To the plastic Irish who follow Celtic its the same as these two examples.We are nae inocent in this.Was there not an incident at Ibrox when Dons fans booed a minute silence ?

Take a step back here.

Is football really an excuse for not having an iota of human decency, and standing still for 60 seconds ?

Would it be acceptable for someone to disrupt a minures silence at a war memorial or in church last Sunday by shouting about the IRA or some other pish ?

If anyone answers 'yes' to either of these questions, they need to think again.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball is that you, as a Celtic fan, seem unable to condemn scumbag actions from Celtic fans and players.

You've also attempted to smear the victim of racist abuse

I've condemned them many times, you just don't want to see it. As for smearing Logan, I mentioned that he got a red card for foul and abusive language, that's not a smear, that is a fact.

I've condemned them many times, you just don't want to see it. As for smearing Logan, I mentioned that he got a red card for foul and abusive language, that's not a smear, that is a fact.

Everyone who's read the thread can see the attempts by you and Kenneth Farrington to smear Logan's character in attempt to stick up for a Celtic player who's been found guilty of racist abuse.

If you're comfortable with that, then it says a hell of a lot about you.

Anyone who cannot stand quiet and reflect on the sacrifices that were made during the World Wars for a couple of minutes each year is a rather sad individual. Forget all the nonsense build up from late October on TV, forget the expansion into all our fallen during conflict, forget the bling poppies, the fashion statements and the competition to put on the biggest remembrance show. For those few minutes it's not too much to ask to pay some respect to those who were forced to make the ultimate sacrifice.

But as I was observing my two minutes silence, someone walked past my window walking their dog. I had no option but to open the window and shout "have some respect you mink".

I then went back to me somber reflection.

I have had no issue in the past condemning Celtic fans and will continue to do it, but I will not apologise or feel any need to. They do not reflect on me as an individual or as a Celtic fan. Singing songs about Ireland during a two minute silence makes you a moron in my opinion. Booing a two minute silence makes you a moron in my opinion. Singing songs that glorify terrorism (at any time) makes you a moron. 99% of the Celtic fans on here are passionate Scotland fans who don't fit in the moron group otherwise they would post elsewhere as there is nothing a moron likes more than another like minded moron.

Everyone who's read the thread can see the attempts by you and Kenneth Farrington to smear Logan's character in attempt to stick up for a Celtic player who's been found guilty of racist abuse.

Sounds like it's me that's being smeared, to be honest.

After your stance with Evra the moral high ground must seem quite unsteady.

Anyone who cannot stand quiet and reflect on the sacrifices that were made during the World Wars for a couple of minutes each year is a rather sad individual. Forget all the nonsense build up from late October on TV, forget the expansion into all our fallen during conflict, forget the bling poppies, the fashion statements and the competition to put on the biggest remembrance show. For those few minutes it's not too much to ask to pay some respect to those who were forced to make the ultimate sacrifice.

But as I was observing my two minutes silence, someone walked past my window walking their dog. I had no option but to open the window and shout "have some respect you flipping mink".

I then went back to me somber reflection.

I have had no issue in the past condemning Celtic fans and will continue to do it, but I will not apologise or feel any need to. They do not reflect on me as an individual or as a Celtic fan. Singing songs about Ireland during a two minute silence makes you a lovely cuddly bunny in my opinion. Booing a two minute silence makes you a lovely cuddly bunny in my opinion. Singing songs that glorify terrorism (at any time) makes you a lovely cuddly bunny. 99% of the Celtic fans on here are passionate Scotland fans who don't fit in the lovely cuddly bunny group otherwise they would post elsewhere as there is nothing a lovely cuddly bunny likes more than another like minded lovely cuddly bunny.

The swear filter makes me out to be a bit of a moron.

Sounds like it's me that's being smeared, to be honest.

Always the victim, indeed.

After your stance with Evra the moral high ground must seem quite unsteady.

I'm not taking any moral high ground.

My stance with Evra was also well-founded and in no way relates to what happened here. Unless Shay Logan claimed on TV that he was called "nigger" between "10 and 20 times", like Evra did. Which i don't think he did.

Maybe we should stick to the issues here, rather than trying to confuse them with things that are in no way related.

I'm not taking any moral high ground.

My stance with Evra was also well-founded and in no way relates to what happened here. Unless Shay Logan claimed on TV that he was called "nigger" between "10 and 20 times", like Evra did. Which i don't think he did.

Maybe we should stick to the issues here, rather than trying to confuse them with things that are in no way related.

A panel found Suarez guilty of racial abuse and said Evra was a credible witness. You feel the need to call him a liar and discredit him, one may go as far as to say smear. For the record, Logan getting sent off does not in any way impact on what happened a couple of months back. It is completely unrelated and Tonev should never kick a ball for Celtic again if still guilty after appeal.

A panel found Suarez guilty of racial abuse and said Evra was a credible witness. You feel the need to call him a liar and discredit him, one may go as far as to say smear. For the record, Logan getting sent off does not in any way impact on what happened a couple of months back. It is completely unrelated and Tonev should never kick a ball for Celtic again if still guilty after appeal.

Hold your horses. I said Evra was a liar in regards to being called "nigger", i said this because he later changed out of his story. That in itself is an admission that he was wrong/lying when he spoke to French TV. Wouldn't you agree? He discredited himself by his actions. Unfortunately most of the MSM failed to tell the public the full story.

After reading all the evidence (which i don't think anyone else on the TAMB bothered to do), I believe Evra's evidence to be no more credible than Suarez's. Both of them changed their story. One of them was however given a chance to examine evidence in advance of speaking in front of the panel, so it's little surprise Evra's story was more convincing. Only Suarez will know whether any racial abuse of Evra was intended but, IMO, the "conviction" was very dodgy.

Again, this has absolutely feck all to do with Logan/Tonev and is in no way related. Although your attempts to confuse the issue by conflating them are something that i'm sure even master deflector EK would be proud of.

I'm glad we can agree on your final 2 sentences.

Again, this has absolutely feck all to do with Logan/Tonev and is in no way related. Although your attempts to confuse the issue by conflating them are something that i'm sure even master deflector EK would be proud of.

I'm glad we can agree on your final 2 sentences.

If you agree with my last two sentences, your previous paragraph makes no sense unless you want to use it as another rod to beat EK.

I am not trying to confuse the two issues, they are in no way related. My commenting was aimed at your faux angst at someone's character for smearing Logan.

Sadly I have to go out now but if I can be bothered I will answer the first part of your post but I will do it in a more appropriate thread.

A wee bit off topic but could you imagine Scotland playing England at Wembley and they have a minute silence to honour their dead at Culloden?Not very many I know.Or England v Argentina away having a minute silience for those Argies who died defending the Faklands? To the plastic Irish who follow Celtic its the same as these two examples.We are nae inocent in this.Was there not an incident at Ibrox when Dons fans booed a minute silence ?

No, an aberdeen fan shouted "Come on you reds" at the very end of the silence. Yes it was still during the silence and IMO a disgrace, but it's hardly the same as booing or singing throughout.

I also recognise we may not be on about the same match here, so if that's the case then I apologise

If you agree with my last two sentences, your previous paragraph makes no sense unless you want to use it as another rod to beat EK.

I am not trying to confuse the two issues, they are in no way related. My commenting was aimed at your faux angst at someone's character for smearing Logan.

Sadly I have to go out now but if I can be bothered I will answer the first part of your post but I will do it in a more appropriate thread.

I honestly have no interest in discussing a 2 year old issue, which i have already discussed to death, all over again. :ok:

You do seem to be getting it hard just now EK.

I'd still have a pint with you :D

You'll drink with anyone though!

Can't be arsed reading the thread to see if it's mentioned but those arrest named here. One a 55 year old man.

3 Celtic fans, 1 Aberdeen fan for sectarian chants.

Last I read was that it had been 2 Celtic fans lifted for assault during the silence and two Aberdeen fans for unrelated incidents.

You'll drink with anyone though!

Last I read was that it had been 2 Celtic fans lifted for assault during the silence and two Aberdeen fans for unrelated incidents.

Furious Celtic fans blast 'scumbags' who dishonoured soldiers' minute of silence with chanting and booing
FANS say the minority of Hoops supporters who disrupted the silence insulted the memory of the six Celtic players who gave their lives in World War I, as well as other servicemen.
SNS Group
The Celtic squad stand with their heads bowed during the minute's silence at Pittodrie

FURIOUS Celtic fans yesterday condemned the “scumbags” who booed and chanted during a minute’s silence on Remembrance Sunday.

A small minority of Hoops fans disrupted the silence at the Aberdeen v Celtic SPFL clash which was screened live on TV.

Fans accused the yobs of insulting the memory of the six Celtic players who gave their lives in World War I, as well as other servicemen.

Two Celtic fans have been arrested over their behaviour in the away fans’ end at Pittodrie during the silence.

And yesterday supporters took to our Facebook account to condemn the booing and chanting which can clearly be heard on a video below:

Hoops fan Sam Campbell said: “Wasn’t all us Celtic fans. A lot of us did the minute silence to show respect to the wounded and the ones that sadly lost their lives.

“Just some of them are a bunch of scumbags that have no life and put a bad name on our club Celtic.”

Reader Jake Featherston said: “My grandfather died in WW2. He was a Celtic supporter and would be ashamed of them.”

Celtic FC Foundation, the club’s charity group, this week donated £10,000 to Poppyscotland and put a story on their website about the Celtic stars who died in World War I.

Hoops stars John McLaughlin, Archie McMillan, Leigh Roose, Donnie McLeod, Robert Craig and Peter Johnstone played at Celtic Park and fought and died in the Great War.

Tory MSP Murdo Fraser said: “I’d have thought Celtic fans aware of the history of their club would understand how offensive this behaviour is to the great majority of their fans.”

Poppyscotland said: “It’s disappointing a tiny minority of Celtic fans disrupted the silence. However, this does not overshadow the support Poppyscotland receives from Celtic.”

After the game, Hoops boss Ronny Deila expressed his disappointment at fans who disrupted the silence.

Celtic said yesterday they were “looking into the matter”.

Celtic fans Christopher O’Hagan, 32, from Coatbridge, and Charles Stephen Tinney, 55, from Uddingston, Lanarkshire, have been charged with assault in the away fans section during the silence.

Aberdeen fan Daniel Fraser, 24, from the city, was arrested in relation to alleged sectarian chanting.

A third Celtic fan, Brian Joyce, 29, from Glasgow, was arrested for alleged breaches of bail conditions.

The four will appear at Aberdeen Sheriff Court early next month.

Hoops fan Sam Campbell said: “Wasn’t all us Celtic fans. A lot of us did the minute silence to show respect to the wounded and the ones that sadly lost their lives.

“Just some of them are a bunch of scumbags that have no life and put a bad name on our club Celtic.”

I wonder what Sam's first language is?!